Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Would anyone like to get together for some outdoor clean-ups?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Ironbar, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

What would be great is to get together a bunch of us here on this forum for a day of cleaning up a particular shooting area, then shooting, and maybe even pack in lunch. I have a truck, and can haul quite a bit of junk. Perhaps if a bunch of us chipped in, we could get it cleaned up fast and still have plenty of time for shooting.

I don't care what site, or what area. Is anyone interested?

2. BobbyG35

BobbyG35 Corvallis, OR New Member

I'm totally open for a cleanup, I have a 4x4 Chevy 1500 and a trailer totally could help. I'd like to go up to Mary's Peak and do some cleaning up there and possibly some work to make the shooting area better suited for shooters.

3. Vantage

Vantage Pacific Standard Time Active Member

I'd go.

I'm down with Mary's peak or anywhere within an hour of Salem.

4. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I was shooting at Mary's Peak yesterday and hauled out two large bags myself, there is definitely enough to fill a truck and trailer. I haven't checked yet, but does anyone know if the BLM would be able to have a dumpster available if something was scheduled?

5. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

I think what you guys are planning is great.
    I go up shooting out of woodland WA and Chelatchie prairie WA.
    and end up hauling garbage out every time.
    I just wish the idiots that leave it would stop. They dont understand their just wrecking it for the rest of us.
    I had a few awesome places i went growing up that are gone because the land owners are sick of the garbage dumps they get stuck with.
    Maybe ill set up a garbage crew for the few spots we have up in this neck of the woods.

6. Glockman19

Glockman19 Hillsboro Active Member

I would be game for some clean up, I work a weird schedule so maybe set up a date and time and hopefully I can pitch in and meet a few of you :thumbup:

7. BobbyG35

BobbyG35 Corvallis, OR New Member

So whats the plan? Did we want to put something down for this coming up Saturday?

8. Torqk911

Torqk911 Yacolt,Wa Member

Let me know for WA. I am in Yacolt and go up above Chelatchie or on 42.