JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The last ban, which I lived through, allowed this. I can't imagine them expecting everyone to just turn in probably trillions of dollars in firearms, mags, ammo, etc. in a gun buy back where each person brings thousands in items in exchange for a $25 Safeway gift card.

I wonder how many people are buying items so they can profit during a panic? I remember PMAGS going for $100 a piece all day. What if those people are all of a sudden forced to turn all that stuff in for a cheap gift card to the Gestapo gift shop?

When faced with 10 years, $10,0000 per mag, the $100 p-mag is cheap and they'll happily turn it in as well as tell the guy in black where he bought it from and the website he found that guy.

I believe that if the anti's get a new ban passed, it will also ban the transfer of all banned items; whether that means loan, sale, gift, passing it down via a will or finding it on the ground. They are swinging for the fences right now and are showing their hands about wanting confiscation. They know that they can't get confiscation now, so they'll play the long game when they have to, to try to dry up the supply.

Ray

Swinging for the fences is a good way to end up swinging from lamp posts.

I don't understand the point of this thread. If this is your concern, then don't wait for a confiscation. Sell your guns now, to someone who is not about to hand any over.

I guess it would depend on the wording of the ban or law.
Sellers will always find a way to make a profit , panic or no panic.
As for the buy back / turn in program , it seems to me you have simply reworded a question you poised on a different thread.
Again my answer is the same : I would guess mass non compliance.
Andy

In 1934 they put massive infringement on the 2nd amendment. Then another in 1968 and outright ban in 1986. In 20xx when the 2nd amendment is revoked what will The People do? Bet is the same thing they did each time the the prior infringements happened.

The only thing that will save it is a group that funded, organized and practiced. That all takes a leader the will no longer compromise. How is "shall not be infringed" subject to compromise???

I'm afraid the 2nd has a very finite life and may well be in it's death throes.

I'll sell my ARe back to the govt for $1 million a piece.
It's only fair.
Just like the NY AR ban and any other "assault weapons" ban before. The law is written so ignorantly that you can still own one just with a few mods.
Maybe be ugly but it's the same rifle.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I wonder how many people are buying items so they can profit during a panic? I remember PMAGS going for $100 a piece all day. What if those people are all of a sudden forced to turn all that stuff in for a cheap gift card to the Gestapo gift shop?

None of the current high capacity magazine ban proposals, whether at the state or Federal level, are offering any compensation at all to owners. They just require you to turn them in.

A current Assault Weapons ban bill in the US Congress is only offering a $2,000 tax credit per firearm, nothing more.

I'll sell my ARe back to the govt for $1 million a piece.
It's only fair.
Just like the NY AR ban and any other "assault weapons" ban before. The law is written so ignorantly that you can still own one just with a few mods.
Maybe be ugly but it's the same rifle.

View attachment 298587 View attachment 298588

I think the anti's have learned from past bans and will try to make all semiautomatics illegal, then they'll go after those high powered "sniper rifles".

Ray

Said the same person who signed the "Mulford Act", stopping CA residents from carrying loaded firearms,

Signed the bill banning the manufacture of new machine guns,

Stated "I'm a member of the NRA. And my position on the right to bear arms is well known. But I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay. It's just plain common sense that there be a waiting period [7 days] to allow local law enforcement officials to conduct background checks on those who wish to buy a handgun.",

Stated "I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense, But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.",

Signed a letter urging congress to pass the AWB,

Stated "Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self‐defense use and thus should be prohibited." as he signed a ban on certain types of ammunition,

Said "Well, I think there has to be some [gun] control."

He wasn't as pro 2A as people think and as my wife would say "He was a master of talking out of both sides of his mouth."

Ray

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads