JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you willing to reduce the debt of two unfunded wars by more taxes?

• Yes, I would pay more taxes if the funds were dedicated to reducing the debts of OIF and OEF

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • No I won't pay more taxes even though these wars have been unfunded mandates.

Votes: 52 94.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
when you have politicians who spend like drunken sailors, the people have to put their foot down. Look at CA, when more people work for the government than pay taxes, you head toward financial insolvency, which is where they are.

It is always easy to rob Peter to pay Paul, because Paul will always go along with it.

when you add up the number of people who collect government (our) money, or pay very little in taxes but draw the most benefit from social programs, it is truly staggering. once you hit 50% things start to topple.

given the size of our deficit, things have been toppling for a while.

solutions?

My thoughts:

Do away with the Department of Education. Your kids are still stupid. Throwing money at the problem has proven itself not to work. Public education has only been a mandate for about a hundred years, started out as a good idea that rapidly degraded into a fumbling system for overpaying barely educated teachers.

Outlaw all public employees unions and roll back salaries a dozen years or more, People in these jobs should do so because it is a calling, a vocation. Not to work for a dozen years and retire on a phony disability, like we see police and fire personell do often enough.

Mandate by law a balanced annual budget for all government, city, county, state and federal.

any politician found gerrymandering or currying favor with private intrests (or taking money or other "compensation")should be hung from the nearest public monument by their testicles or other sensitive area if they are lacking. Outlaw PAC's

become an isolationist country, we do not need to be running around the world trying to police mankind. But, we should still carry a big damn stick, use it liberally and walk away. ("you are a bad man, whack!")

Quit funding the United Nations, if they cannot fund their representatives, screw them. Keep the building open but make sure other nations know there is no more free ride.

I'll think of more, but I am sure these will get enough of you riled up.

solutions?

My thoughts:

Throwing money at the problem has proven itself not to work.
I agree but get tired of public employees/schools always being the poster child for this. In our defense industry a current example is the F-22. Way over budget and an oxygen system problem that basically makes it a demo jet and yet they keep throwing more money at it.

Public education has only been a mandate for about a hundred years, started out as a good idea that rapidly degraded into a fumbling system for overpaying barely educated teachers.

Really???? :rolleyes: At least in Oregon you have to get your Masters to teach. That qualifies as "barely educated"????? Really???? Where's the facepalm smiley?

Outlaw all public employees unions and roll back salaries a dozen years or more, People in these jobs should do so because it is a calling, a vocation. Not to work for a dozen years and retire on a phony disability, like we see police and fire personell do often enough.

So I am suppossed to live my entire life like a pauper because my chosen profession happens to be in education? Trust me, I am not getting rich being in education as it is and you want me to roll back my very modest salary because it is a calling????

become an isolationist country, we do not need to be running around the world trying to police mankind. But, we should still carry a big damn stick, use it liberally and walk away. ("you are a bad man, whack!")

Re-read your comment here sparky. You can't be both an isolationist and carry a big stick to whack bad guys. You need a little remeidal history lesson.

Quit funding the United Nations, if they cannot fund their representatives, screw them. Keep the building open but make sure other nations know there is no more free ride.

Actually we agree on something.

I'll think of more, but I am sure these will get enough of you riled up.

My comments in blue.

don't tell all of the people taking advantage of every entitlement program that " there is no such thing as a free lunch". They're voting for the man O again......

I volunteered and spent 8 years of the prime of my youth "in the grass" with military service for this country, and currently pay $500 A WEEK in taxes... Now I fit DHS's profile of a domestic terrorist. I believe I already have enough "skin in the game", but thanks anyway. ;)

.... And when you ask them, "how much should we give?" They ALWAYS answer, "more, More, MORE!"

My own mother was a union representative for her teachers local, she currently grosses close to 100,000 a year RETIRED. She admits this is too much and currently gives heavily to local charities. Unions such as hers and others (police and fire) extort polititians on an annual basis, look at the records, if you happen to stand up to them they will spend vast amounts of money to defeat you.
I realize you think Oregon is the center of the universe but it doesn't take a Masters degree to not do your job. With a 33% dropout rate oregon teachers are hardly doing a stellar job.
Yes it is possible to be isolationist and carry a big stick. With advancements it is possible to devastate an area or a single individual without putting a single boot on the ground. Yes I do know what the "Big Stick" policy was.

Thank you for agreement on the U.N. but I don't need it, most educated intelligent people know it is only a place for the U.S. to be lobbied for free money by autocrats and criminals.

My name is not sparky, using an experimental anti psychotic drug name as your screen name probably isn't wise Kevatc.

Some of us have already paid for these Wars with our Youth, Our Health and our Minds. Some of Us have lost Families and everything we held dear. I do believe that those who have benefited from our service should Pay what ever is necessary, while We Veterans try and live our lives, or what is left of them, secure in the knowledge that You Now have OUR backs...Sleep well....

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads