JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WE MUST STAY AND FIGHT!
Or we could um, ya know... stop food delivery to certain big cities, like what the police officers have done in some places.. and let them destroy themselves with their infighting? :s0100:

Back on topic. Anywhere out on the open water would be pretty bad for bugging in, despite what people say about "going to live on a sailboat" :rolleyes:

I'll start it off.
Number 1; the International Space Station (I.S.S.) :eek: No food, no easily accessible water, and nothing to farm/garden... everything has to be sent up from the Earth.

Other than that.. what are places that Humans are living in, that are absolutely terrible for sheltering in place?
Well living in Washington I would prefer to be elsewhere but when bubblegum hits the fan I'm equal distance from both major epicenters and they will feed on themselfes. Government will melt down. So could be somewhere better but my wallet says I'm stuck right here make the best of it!

Lol, but realistically... there's fresh water springs, a good amount of arable land (just have to own some of it), good amount of forestry for wood products, good amount of minerals in the ground for other things... power supply is one negative though... unlike say,.Death Valley, Mojave Desert, California (to say nothing of the politics:eek: )
Or the Outback in Australia... or the grassy plains of North/South Dakota.. or anywhere above the Arctic Circle
I tried hiking on permafrost in Alaska years back. Every step I took resulted in a black cloud of blood sucking skeeters. I had a heavy layer of deet but they traveled up my pant legs and bit through my socks, sleeves, collar, etc.

Worst place may be around lots of stupid people. Lack of fresh air. Little or no safe water or food supply and the non ability to get more. Exposure to the elements or climate or weather extremes. No or very little power supply. A lack of sanitation. A hide hole with too many exits and entries that can not be secured. A lack of defensive weapons.

Prisons. Cruise ships. Ocean liners mid ocean. Navy ships but less so until the fuel, water or food runs out. Not related but years ago we did some quick studies on a one year bulk food storage on navy ships. Too too much space. Lack of response from the brass. Volcanoes, earthquakes and big tsunamis also come to mind. Hope this helps.

There was a long discussion on this on a early survival forum. Iirc james rowles was talking about the worst places to be during and after a major disaster. Cliffs notes was roughly a 1/4 - 1/2 a tank of gas outside every major population center.
This is were those that fled will be stranded and desperate. Add to that being surrounded by others in the same boat, lack of supplies and services and locals of those areas protecting their own.

Hood river, the Dallas to the east are examples of places that will be over ran with people looking for the fastest route from the city.

I posted this a couple years ago and think it might 'resonate' in this thread:

Recently I responded to a PM about this issue and the following is a theory I came up with regard to the bug in/bug out controversy. Mostly it was a case of writing as I was thinking as opposed to an edited composition AFTER thinking about it but read it and tell me if this has any merit or just stone craziness!

I am certainly no expert (and there are probably a LOT less than claim to be) but if I had to illustrate it I would create a scale from one to ten with the most urban life environment at one and and the most rural at ten. I believe in an unspecified SHTF scenario the closer one is to a rural environment the better the chances are for survival and not leaving the domicile would be a big part of it - IF certain natural resources were close and available such as wood and water.

This is also factoring in an assumption of more safety in a rural environment due to fewer people who possibly have more of a 'groupthink' mentality due to the lifestyle and probably greater longevity of people living in the environment as opposed to urban where people tend to come and go much more frequently. The longer one lives in an area the more one has 'vested' in it and less willingness to leave. Therefore if one is at 'one' or 'two' on the scale then they most likely are surrounded by concrete and buildings with few natural resources, a less rooted community with possibly unstable or dangerous people, leaving would almost be a necessity to ensure any chance of survival.

Now the closer one is to the center or the larger numbers on the scale means one is most likely in a safer environment with resources close at hand and a much larger area to move about in to acquire the resources with less competition - AND being able to return to one's domicile to utilize the resources. So while those in the low end of the scale have little choice BUT to leave those at the greater end have less need to leave with more reasons to stay.

As I said before familiarity and comprehension of one's environment are a powerful influence and I firmly believe those of us on the greater end of the scale have the greater advantages and influence to stay put. This is all just a theory (more like a hypothesis) but there is evidence to suggest I might 'have' something. Kind of like Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top