JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so nobody has mentioned Antarctica, Siberia, Canada and Alaska's most northerly reaches, all major deserts [Sahara, Gobi, etc.]. This thread got derailed on politics pretty quick.

so nobody has mentioned Antarctica, Siberia, Canada and Alaska's most northerly reaches, all major deserts [Sahara, Gobi, etc.]. This thread got derailed on politics pretty quick.
North of Arctic Circle pretty much encompasses Alaska, Canada and Siberia's northern reach. True I didn't mention other large deserts, although I did point out Death Valley in Mojave Desert. Technically Antartica is a desert :rolleyes: just its one of the coldest, and there's almost no human presence there :rolleyes: being stuck at McMurdo is going to suck big time.

Depends what you are bugging out from.
If you want to get away from people, there are plenty of places like that very close by.

I agree so much so as I have grown older that I believe not much good comes from cities anymore.
Cities provide a superlative place to hide and multiple egress avenues. If you're evading the authorities, cameras are much easier to confound in plain sight than IR and remote sensing (unless you have a bunker dug in, that is).
Out in remote wilderness, if you are sought, and they can utilize technological resources, you're done.

Depends what you are bugging out from.
If you want to get away from people, there are plenty of places like that very close by.

Cities provide a superlative place to hide and multiple egress avenues. If you're evading the authorities, cameras are much easier to confound in plain sight than IR and remote sensing (unless you have a bunker dug in, that is).
Out in remote wilderness, if you are sought, and they can utilize technological resources, you're done.

All I can say is believe whatever makes you feel better at night. Cities are cesspools at best as has been evidenced by all the nonsense that has been going on as of late . Furthermore with all the surveillance that is used in modern urban areas . Getting lost in the crowd these days isn't nearly as easy you are thinking it is. If you are not sought then yes you can more or less go unnoticed. If they are actually looking for you the worst place to be is a major urban area and do not forget you are carrying your own personal tracking device with you constantly.

There are a lot of rural areas where a cell phone might as well be a door stop and cameras are not located on every street corner.

Worst place I can think of is a porta john at a construction site after the taco truck left. It's a shameful place

Ah, the Honey Bucket. Reminds me of when I was a carpenter. We were working on the Rainier Oven building in Seattle. It was a cold morning and pouring down rain. I had to take a leak. Somehow in my haste to put everything back together I managed to zip my junk in to my zipper. Yep. It wasn't a fun day. I think I still carry some emotional scars. :D

Having lived in Arizona I could do it again, its not that bad honestly and it has its own beauty , for me its more about the people than the weather. If you are married to a specific set of climatological criteria than you will find it hard to go a lot of places to escape things which you find objectionable.

I am more concerned with my liberty than the weather .

I was just listening on the radio today how AZ has been sliding blue on multiple levels over the last >10 years.... the legislature is currently 31R - 29D (there was a much broader gap about 5 years ago), the State Treasurer is a D, the Maricopa Co. Sheriff is now a D, and US reps are 5 R's and 4 D's, US Senators are 1D and 1R who may likely loose her seat to "Spaceman" Kelly who plans to run against her.... BAH!!

I was STRONGLY considering moving there when I retire in 9 more years, but I don't see the point even at this stage... in 9 years it'll probably be (well and truly) all over with because of all the Cali-derps moving there and fouling the place up.

Last Edited:
The Nation of Chaz autonomous region of the People's Republic of Seattle..

BTW, I think the bathrooms are scarier than the armed revolutionaries. Did people actually have to share these ? How many syringes you think were left on the toilet seats? :s0131:

1000x-1.jpg

I don't think this needs an explanation.

Last Edited:
I don"t recommend crouching under your desk, with your head between your knees, hands on your head....... kissing your arse goodbye.

Or, maybe that was that only how too survive a 1960's nuke attack? :confused:

King of the Burbs:s0069:

Seriously though, I'm not going anywhere...

Every yahoo city slicker will be headed to the hills thinking they can survive after watching a season of extreme preppers or whatever

North of Arctic Circle pretty much encompasses Alaska, Canada and Siberia's northern reach. True I didn't mention other large deserts, although I did point out Death Valley in Mojave Desert.

DV isn't so bad if you know where the natural springs are. Few and far between, sure, but they do exist. If you grew up in a hot place with parents who still threw you out of the house to play outside no matter what the outdoor temp, then you can handle DV. If you grew up here in the PNW, you'll probably die of a heatstroke during your first summer. Which is okay, 'cause there isn't that much water and I don't like to share. :D

Worst place to have to bug in: Movie theater during runs of the latest Star Wars. Too many exits to properly defend, food is crap, and who wants to watch that travesty again and again until the zombies finally break down the doors?

I was just listening on the radio today how AZ has been sliding blue on multiple levels over the last >10 years.... the legislature is currently 31R - 29D (there was a much broader gap about 5 years ago), the State Treasurer is a D, the Maricopa Co. Sheriff is now a D, and US reps are 5 R's and 4 D's, US Senators are 1D and 1R who may likely loose her seat to "Spaceman" Kelly who plans to run against her.... BAH!!

I was STRONGLY considering moving there when I retire in 9 more years, but I don't see the point even at this stage... in 9 years it'll probably be (well and truly) all over with because of all the Cali-derps moving there and fouling the place up.

I do not think you are wrong in some aspects , especially about Arizona, but at the same time if you look at a lot of their republicans McCain most notably . He was in fact very progressive and his political record attests to that. Having said that while a lot of states have turned blue there are others that made a hard shift right.

We are already witnessing how the blue enclaves are starting to come apart at the seams, Oregon is a good example and Washington is sadly an awesome example of what happens when progressive activism takes root . The one thing I know solidly is that they always end up eating their own the as downward spiral happens. Some leftist just aren't left enough for the true believers and that is how you get a CHOP zone or CHAZ or whatever they want to call it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top