Worst places to Shelter In Place/Bug In. Discuss!

CamoDeafie

Reactions
I'll start it off.
Number 1; the International Space Station (I.S.S.) :eek: No food, no easily accessible water, and nothing to farm/garden... everything has to be sent up from the Earth.

Other than that.. what are places that Humans are living in, that are absolutely terrible for sheltering in place?

OP
C

CamoDeafie

Reactions
I am going to say PNW is looking worse all the time given the state of the nonsense going on here .
Lol, but realistically... there's fresh water springs, a good amount of arable land (just have to own some of it), good amount of forestry for wood products, good amount of minerals in the ground for other things... power supply is one negative though... unlike say,.Death Valley, Mojave Desert, California (to say nothing of the politics:eek: )
Or the Outback in Australia... or the grassy plains of North/South Dakota.. or anywhere above the Arctic Circle

Reactions
Lol, but realistically... there's fresh water springs, a good amount of arable land (just have to own some of it), good amount of forestry for wood products, good amount of minerals in the ground for other things... power supply is one negative though... unlike say,.Death Valley, Mojave Desert, California (to say nothing of the politics:eek: )
Or the Outback in Australia... or the grassy plains of North/South Dakota.. or anywhere above the Arctic Circle
Having lived in Arizona I could do it again, its not that bad honestly and it has its own beauty , for me its more about the people than the weather. If you are married to a specific set of climatological criteria than you will find it hard to go a lot of places to escape things which you find objectionable.

I am more concerned with my liberty than the weather .

OP
C

CamoDeafie

Reactions
Having lived in Arizona I could do it again, its not that bad honestly and it has its own beauty , for me its more about the people than the weather. If you are married to a specific set of climatological criteria than you will find it hard to go a lot of places to escape things which you find objectionable.

I am more concerned with my liberty than the weather .
Right, the hypothetical shouldn't include politics because that pretty much eliminates 75% of the world just based on politics thats arguably worse than the US:confused:
Add people, and that removes maybe 90% of the world just because there's too many people

Reactions
Right, the hypothetical shouldn't include politics because that pretty much eliminates 75% of the world just based on politics thats arguably worse than the US:confused:
Add people, and that removes maybe 90% of the world just because there's too many people
See I look at it the reverse , politics are why I mostly need to bug in / or bug out . Most of the messes in the world weren't caused in a vacuum. Unless you are speaking about an act of God such as a hurricane .

OP
C

CamoDeafie

Reactions
See I look at it the reverse , politics are why I mostly need to bug in / or bug out . Most of the messes in the world weren't caused in a vacuum. Unless you are speaking about an act of God such as a hurricane .
Indeed
Politics are gonna result in the end of the world as we know it. What happens after that though?

Reactions
An Active volcano..

on a more serious note, it makes me wonde rhow bad bugging out in some place my chernoble. I mean the animals are coming back and they dont have 4 heads or anything. Makes ya wonder how bad it really is, or if we miss understand really how bad radiation is.o_O

OP
C

CamoDeafie

Reactions
An Active volcano..

on a more serious note, it makes me wonde rhow bad bugging out in some place my chernoble. I mean the animals are coming back and they dont have 4 heads or anything. Makes ya wonder how bad it really is, or if we miss understand really how bad radiation is.o_O
Its still bad there. Yes animals are back, but they're living far shorter lifespans than is normal, and they dont grow as large as normal, at least to my understanding, from the River Monsters episode relating to the catfish (Wels/Soma) living in the coolant ponds of Chernobyl.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Have done several transfers through this shop. All were pleasant experiences. Folks were friendly and pleasant, prices were fair. I wouldn't...
  • Gorge Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Good little shop. Have transferred numerous pieces here and it's always been pain free. My only little gripe is limited hours (currently not...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place to pickup from sites like Davidson's. Low fees. Friendly folks.
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    This has been my go to for all transfers. Peter, the two Jasons and Joe have always been very professional and accommodating. The transfer...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent transfer and very helpful
    Was there yesterday and had my first private party transfer done. Went really smoothly and pj was very helpful. He was willing to make an...
Top Bottom