JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Israel has not been a good neighbor to its Muslim nations"

Never take advice from an idiot, this guy is clearly an idiot, he can't see what the "muslim neighbors" do to the Jews every day! Never ask for driving directions from a blind man.

Israel was the first nation in the middle east where Arabs could vote in democratic elections... There are ethnic Arabs in the Israeli legislature.

I never can figure out how racists determine who to be racist against. It truly goes to show that racism is ignorant and illogical. I can understand somebody who just hates them all, but what kind of moron can look at the situation and come to the conclusion that it's all the fault of the Jooooos?

Islam is our enemy, no matter what kind of sophistries the diplomats use. Most Arabs are our enemies. The two things have a large overlap but aren't quite the same. Arab ethnicity is here to stay, Islam doesn't necessarily have to have the influence that it currently does. I'm an outright cultural imperialist. I think Western culture (loosely speaking) is better than other cultures. Israel has a Western Culture, therefore I support them.

Well none of the western religions preach "convert to our religion or you will be killed" either. Most western people don't understand that the Koran is not like any other religious book that's been written. Islam allows thier followers to lie to non-believers, form alliances with them, and then kill them if they don't convert. It is their duty to spread Sharia Law to all governments so that peace can finally be across all lands. Until that happens there will be no peace.

Well Judaism has never been about converting people. Their system says they are the chosen people and they have no religious duty to convert others. Christianity isn't about converting people by force any more... but it was in the past, so it's not entirely clean of this taint. But I agree that Islam is the last major religion where the mainstream belief is that they have a duty and right to convert by force if necessary.

The problem with Islam is that it is unlikely to ever have an "enlightenment" because Mohammed closed the book on further evolution of the religion, by claiming to be the last prophet. There is no doctrine of continuing revelation in Islam. The Koran is perfect and *complete* as it is- that's the way they refer to it: "Al kitab" The Book. The only one that matters, the perfect book, the literal and perfect word of Allah. Many people consider it sufficient to learn the Koran by rote memory, with no need to learn to read, and no need to read anything else.

I think some of the worst places to be are

Living next to a neighbor I have peed off for years.

Living in an old folkes home.

Being in a hospital.

Being far from home.

Being someone who will recieve the blame for all this.

jj

There will be a collapse for two reasons. The first is obviously that we are borrowing at least forty cents of every dollar we spend and there is no political will to stop it. Nearly 50% of our population lives off the government and they will vote their pocketbooks. About 50% of our population pays no income taxes and they will vote their pocketbooks. Even if we "tax the rich" 100% of their income, it wouldn't come close to balancing the budget, but it would destroy our private sector investment. (What little we have left.)

The second is that we have exported too many of our middle class jobs to "free trade" and they aren't coming back. Our manufacturing centers are destroyed.

I went to a beauty supply place a couple of days ago to buy some really good toenail clippers in a good brand name, and also to get some good fingernail files. When I got home I discovered that the expensive clippers were made in Pakistan and that the Revlon files were made in China. More jobs gone.

We will not recover from this. All of the talk of cutting spending and reducing the deficit is crap when we don't create wealth in the private sector. It's also crap when the governments - Fed, state, local - are bloated and oppressive.

The best place to be? Somewhere with an inexhaustible water supply which doesn't require external energy to access it, a place which is defensible to the extent possible, and which provides shelter. Stored food and medicines are a must as are guns and ammo. After that, you'd need a lot of resolve and some luck.

Worst place to be? Detroit.

No kidding. I've watched with amazement a show called "Hardcore Pawn" which is filmed in Detroit. I can scarcely believe people act the way that many of those folks act, they think business transactions are based on their need or want rather than supply and demand, and worse, that they can intimidate others into paying more for something than it's worth. It has to be the entitlement syndrome that liberals have cultivated. "I'm poor, you're rich, I'm black you're white, therefore you must pay me, and quickly!". Watching it I've wondered if the whole East half of the nation is like that. There is no way I'd live there.

The second is that we have exported too many of our middle class jobs to "free trade" and they aren't coming back. Our manufacturing centers are destroyed.

I used to think businesses that go offshore were wrong, but dealing with government interference and intimidation has forced me to the conclusion that going offshore is survival 101 in America 2011, and has been for a long time. When the President says everyone who earns more than $250K a year must pay way more than their fair share while many or most pay nothing one has to wonder why anyone who is productive stays here at all! $250K in sales for a small business is penny ante stuff, and leaves little after expenses for real income. We need a conservative revolution, we need to stop preaching to the choir and start educating in the schools and Hollywood. The truth is it isn't going to happen. We don't have the time it would take.

Detroit is in ruins. 300,000 jobs in 1980 in the auto industry is now down to 30,000. GM has plants in 35 countries now including China. Please look at these pics - Fischer auto body plant, Ford Plant, GM headquarters, Fischer Theater...

LINK

GM's headquarters in the background, while impressive is abandoned.

01-Rise-000.jpg

My Sister's Father in law sent out a long tirade on Chinese goods and buy American campaigns, just before the 4th. I sent this back:

With respect, I believe my credentials as a patriot will stand up to anyone's. And as I spend my Independence Day in a tent in Afghanistan, I am thinking about how much I love my country.

But I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Fear-mongering about foreign production doesn't help anything. It is good for us that we have a wide range of products available at a variety of prices. Sometimes we NEED cheap, throw-away version of items because the return on investment for something we'll use ONCE simply doesn't justify the higher prices.

Now, when I can afford it, I buy quality. And many Chinese products have just as good or better quality than I can get at home. Many others don't. Demonizing them for the fact that they're starting at a much lower industrial base than we are is not helpful. You know what you're getting, more or less when you compare prices, and the information necessary for a good review of quality is no further away than 5 minutes on Google. As consumers we have more and better quality information available to us than ever in history, and it's our own fault if we don't bother to take advantage of it.

As for our "eroding" manufacturing base: it's a myth. We produce more physical goods, and especially more consumer items than ever before. we simply don't employ as many people doing it because we use automation. Truly- look it up in terms items manufactured, not in sensationalist human interest stories about "lost jobs." There are also more jobs in the United States than in the past- at the same time there are more people. The death of our manufacturing sector has been greatly exaggerated: http://blog.american.com/2011/01/th...acturing-sector-has-been-greatly-exaggerated/

Another myth is that consumption is the only way to grow our economy, particularly consumption of American-made goods. Investment is the best way to grow our economy, and the constant urging to buy, buy, buy, is short sighted. Yes, some measure of our growth is accomplished by consuming more leisure and by increasing our comfort. But people saving money is a good thing as well, and especially if they are saving by re-investing, deferring gratification to a future return.

Another thing: engaging in commerce is not a "privilege". It's a right. I have the right to contract business with anyone I choose, and any legal limitations are an infringement upon MY property rights to dispose of MY earnings as I SEE FIT. Trade barriers hurt US. We could drop all of our trade barriers unilaterally, and still be better off. It gives us the choice- as your email points out, we don't need the government to put trade barriers in place- if you really want to buy American, nothing is stopping you. The only thing a trade barrier can do is force other people to make the choices you want them to; and you have no right to make those choices for other people.

Finally, to address the last point: is our comfort and pride worth more than a Chinese person making enough money to eat today? Your effort to eliminate Chinese products is pretty much doomed to failure and produces no net benefit to us, but it may mean the difference between a Chinese child or other children in India, Africa, or some other place having enough food to eat today on their dollar-a-day budget, or a pair of shoes sometime this year. All the money UNICEF sends will make not the tiniest noticeable dent in poverty overseas, but free trade will bring the majority of the world out of the benighted dark ages they have lived in forever. Not to mention, more trade barriers are likely to plunge us deeper into the endarkenment that our beloved leaders are pushing us towards anyway. The more people have free reign over their own spending habits, the more likely they are to use their money in the most rational manner according to specific, personal circumstances.

Free trade is fair trade.

No kidding. I've watched with amazement a show called "Hardcore Pawn" which is filmed in Detroit. I can scarcely believe people act the way that many of those folks act, they think business transactions are based on their need or want rather than supply and demand, and worse, that they can intimidate others into paying more for something than it's worth. It has to be the entitlement syndrome that liberals have cultivated. "I'm poor, you're rich, I'm black you're white, therefore you must pay me, and quickly!". Watching it I've wondered if the whole East half of the nation is like that. There is no way I'd live there.

While I'm positive that 'Hardcore Pawn' is the final word on the character of hundreds of thousands of Detroit citizens, for another look at what people there are doing to cope with the fallout of free market capitalism, check out these images:

detroit urban farming - Google Search

I find it sadly entertaining watching the banker puppets go into fear fear fear mode to convince the sheep to support even trillions more in debt. The lead puppet is on the front page of USAtoday pimping how important it is to shovel more fiat dollars to the federal gov for useless wars, and all sorts of waste. All when we are already bankrupt.

Hats off to people that can grow a garden. When the shelves are all empty ....

While I'm positive that 'Hardcore Pawn' is the final word on the character of hundreds of thousands of Detroit citizens

Final word? I didn't say that. There has to be an explanation for why people act like that, and it seems like LBJ's great society did that to them. The law of unintended consequences.

The lead puppet is on the front page of USAtoday pimping how important it is to shovel more fiat dollars to the federal gov for useless wars, and all sorts of waste. All when we are already bankrupt.

I think you are way too kind. That "lead puppet" is a puppet master who is living his dream of destroying America.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top