JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did anyone else see this article in "The Oregonian"?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I haven't read the Oregonian in years. But honestly, it does make sense. You are more likely to be a victim of violent crime inside this country than you are to be a victim of terrorism. Terrorist attacks inside our country are still relatively rare. Violent crime however, happens every day all over the country.

With the mainstream media ginning up as much fear of guns and their owners at every turn, I'm not the least bit surprised.
Especially when the figures are based on a poll taken with a specific agenda in mind.

:s0140:

Democrats are scared of everything except the people that most want to kill them and Republicans trust their fellow man and are afraid of that which is a bigger threat.

And in other news.... Water is wet; like the bunched panties of liberals...

.......And then they get in their car and drive to work/store/appointment........Where they become a thousand times more likely to be maimed/ disfigured/dead than being involved with gunfire.

Sit 'em down and repeat a million times that the sky is red, and they will look up and see a, red sky!

Maybe after today's terrorist attacks in Paris some of these people will revise their opinion(s).
Of course, if some jihadist shoots up a restaurant here, the DHS would probably call it workplace gun violence anyway, and skip over the terrorist part.

I bet those French Liberals are wishing for a 2A. The attacks are still on going now from some gunman. This looks to be a large coordinated attack in multiple locations up to 12 if the news is correct. Soon to be in a country near you.

This Just in...

MTpockets Poll reports that 80% of voters greatest fear is losing their wireless signal.
The other 20% feared not being able to find a WiFi hotspot as their greatest fear.
Hope this gets a 1000 retweets and a bajillion likes by all my "followers" and "friends"....I fear it won't.

All of those polled could not identify their State Representative and did not know the District in which they reside.

Sadly, this is the state of the American voting public today. My heart weeps for this country's long term future as a free, proud and humble people.

I haven't read the Oregonian in years. But honestly, it does make sense. You are more likely to be a victim of violent crime inside this country than you are to be a victim of terrorism. Terrorist attacks inside our country are still relatively rare. Violent crime however, happens every day all over the country.

And the cure for both terrorism and violent crime are one and the same! I have one here on my nightstand! The Oregonian is a joke.

And the cure for both terrorism and violent crime are one and the same! I have one here on my nightstand! The Oregonian is a joke.
The Oregonian may be a joke to anyone that can think for themselves but it unfortunately influences lots of folks that enjoy being spoon fed their political and lifestyle views from the media.

An assistant professor that teaches "Mass Media" is trying to grab a student journalist's camera to prevent him from documenting what is being done and said at the protest. W. T. F???

Does that tell ANYONE how the leftists want the press to be, and the limits on free speech they would/will impose if they get their way?

For a college prof to stifle free speech to that extent speaks volumes.

Americans Fear Guns...Fear being a form of self induced mental illness based upon something that has yet to happen, or has happened in the past that is not happening now and may never happen again.

Also interesting in this discussion - and perhaps it needs to be said in the comments for that story too, is the recent Gallup Poll (definitely not a gun friendly group), that showed "Despite Criticizm
Americans Fear Guns...Fear being a form of self induced mental illness based upon something that has yet to happen, or has happened in the past that is not happening now and may never happen again.

Fear, in and of itself is normal. We all have it. The question is, do we fear what we should fear, and do we let that fear rule our lives and our rationale? The big difference I see is that those of us that take our self-defense, protection of our families and homes seriously, understand rational fear. We know there are threats out there, even if they're not everyday events for us. We don't stop our lives because of those threats. We plan, we prepare, and we hope that the day will not come that we have to face the threats. We are not controlled by fear, we face it.

They suffer from irrational fear. They fear things that aren't really threats to them, like inanimate objects such as guns. Guns themselves are not something to be feared. Only those that use guns for evil need be feared. You and I know that, they don't. Rather, they fear law-abiding gun owners, which is completely irrational. Their fear is misplaced and it rules their lives. Top that with the fact that they believe the lies their told about laws protecting them and about government protecting them and you have a perfect storm of irrational fear mixed with the apathy that their safety is assured by others and is not their personal responsibility.

Yesterday's events in Paris should wake some folks up. Most of them will slip back into their fairy tale world where only NRA linked gun owners are worthy of fear. But I do believe some minds have been changed, hopefully for the better. And, I think support for our side will continue to grow here after each of these events.

Also interesting in this discussion - and perhaps it needs to be said in the comments for that story too, is the recent Gallup Poll (definitely not a gun friendly group), that showed "Despite Criticizm

Fear, in and of itself is normal. We all have it. The question is, do we fear what we should fear, and do we let that fear rule our lives and our rationale? The big difference I see is that those of us that take our self-defense, protection of our families and homes seriously, understand rational fear. We know there are threats out there, even if they're not everyday events for us. We don't stop our lives because of those threats. We plan, we prepare, and we hope that the day will not come that we have to face the threats. We are not controlled by fear, we face it.

They suffer from irrational fear. They fear things that aren't really threats to them, like inanimate objects such as guns. Guns themselves are not something to be feared. Only those that use guns for evil need be feared. You and I know that, they don't. Rather, they fear law-abiding gun owners, which is completely irrational. Their fear is misplaced and it rules their lives. Top that with the fact that they believe the lies their told about laws protecting them and about government protecting them and you have a perfect storm of irrational fear mixed with the apathy that their safety is assured by others and is not their personal responsibility.

Yesterday's events in Paris should wake some folks up. Most of them will slip back into their fairy tale world where only NRA linked gun owners are worthy of fear. But I do believe some minds have been changed, hopefully for the better. And, I think support for our side will continue to grow here after each of these events.
Very well said etrain!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top