JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Zombie virus, blah, blah, blah, search for Patient Zero, blah, blah. It's the part about urban chaos, survival, mayhem, that sort of thing that is well-portrayed and scary. But save your dough for Redbox or Netflix. Premise might not be the right word, but I can tell you walking out of a crowded theatre into a crowded parking lot was a bit uncomfortable as a result of the movie.

From the trailers, and now your review, the movie doesn't look anything like the book. The book is interviews of soldiers and survivors written 10 years after the 'Zombie Wars'. A very good book, with lots of interesting survival ideas that you normally wouldn't think of. I enjoyed it (the book) very much.

Keith

Go read the book. Or listen to the Audio Drama.

It is supposed to be a series of after action reports 10 years after the end of the zombie infection was stopped. Talking to various survivors and their stories.

While it seems like a silly topic, the book called The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks actually is a very interesting review on TEOTWAWKIT type situation. In this case a world wide Zombie outbreak. But many of the things it talks about carry over to more plausible situations.

I recommend reading The Zombie Survival Guide as an interesting take on end of the world scenarios. And World War Z, as a work of kind of unnerving fiction.

The movie to me just looks like another zombie movie.

Go read the book. Or listen to the Audio Drama.

It is supposed to be a series of after action reports 10 years after the end of the zombie infection was stopped. Talking to various survivors and their stories.

While it seems like a silly topic, the book called The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks actually is a very interesting review on TEOTWAWKIT type situation. In this case a world wide Zombie outbreak. But many of the things it talks about carry over to more plausible situations.

I recommend reading The Zombie Survival Guide as an interesting take on end of the world scenarios. And World War Z, as a work of kind of unnerving fiction.

The movie to me just looks like another zombie movie.

Even Max Brooks said the movie is World War Z in name only. It's just another zombie flick.

The wife and I went to it. Hand still hurts from her squeezing it the whole time.
Since when do they launch C-130's off carriers? When I was in the biggest plane on the deck was a E-2. Other than that not any other gripes.

It is probably not good to spent money to watch movies. Money is power spend it wisely.

Occasionally indulging in harmless, escapist entertainment can be beneficial to ones state of mind and mental health.

The trick is to be aware of and honest about what you are watching. I dont drink or smoke or gamble or do drugs. Sometimes, if I have had a bad or stressful day, I like to turn on the TV and watch what I refer to as a "Mental Twinkie." Its nothing but meaningless fluff and sugar and empty calories, but I know that and can be honest about that.....so like most other vices its probably OK to do in moderation. I havent had a mental Twinkie in quite awhile, so I think I'm going to take my son to see World War Z today and we will laugh and have a good time.

Thought the most poignant moment might have been when Brad was in the store to get supplies and had just shot someone who was assaulting his wife and attacking him and then he saw a Policemen coming right towards him and raised his arms as to surrender and the office walked right by him to get some food & supplies for his family........

A C-130 might be theoretically capable of taking off from a carrier, but if that carrier is stationed off the East Coast of the USA (as it was in the movie) it sure as heck isnt going to be able to fly from the North Atlantic all the way to a base in South Korea without refueling. Several times. Same deal with taking off from South Korea and flying all the way back to Israel. Just like the guns in movies that never seem to run out of bullets, the airplanes seem to be able to fly about 10 times farther in the movies than they can in real life.

A C-130 might be theoretically capable of taking off from a carrier, but if that carrier is stationed off the East Coast of the USA (as it was in the movie) it sure as heck isnt going to be able to fly from the North Atlantic all the way to a base in South Korea without refueling. Several times. Same deal with taking off from South Korea and flying all the way back to Israel. Just like the guns in movies that never seem to run out of bullets, the airplanes seem to be able to fly about 10 times farther in the movies than they can in real life.

A movie with 5.5b dead people running around and you're worried about unrealistic gas milage :huh: ?

Keith (Just kidding, I agree with you :s0155:).

I was not a big fan of the book but this was a great movie, and really did have some good Survivalist type moments. Overall more then anything else it was TENSE. I am a zombie movie fan, but they have stopped making me tense long ago, this film many times made me feel like I needed to run. they did a great job with it. The haters should stay away because they hate (to the point of bothering to post about a movie they don't want to see, and would not see, which I never really get) but if it looks appealing to you I say check it out, it is really good.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top