JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This video of a father and son shooting a vintage Schmit Rubin at a smaller target 1000 yds away with iron sights and getting hits using an old ironing board to rest on. This is more impressive to me then spending a ton of money to lay claim to a longest yards record.

Last Edited:
Ho yeahhh!
waterboy-rubbing.gif

I kinda bet his daughter doesn't get asked on many dates, though.

Young Johnny: "Your Dad can do WHAT now??" (while reflecting on how fast he can run a mile...)

I don't think you're comprehending how far away 4.4 miles is and what it takes to hit something at that distance. I'd bet most couldn't do it with 1068 previous rounds.

Nah, it's just pointless. They made it perfectly clear what it takes - trial and error. Completely useless in any way. In their own words, isn't even immediately repeatable. A bit like those videos with guys throwing water bottles that land upright - 150 takes until chance smiles on them.

World Record Extreme Long Range Shot 4.4 Miles

Rifle is chambered in .416 Barrett
Chassis is a Cadex Dual Strike from Canada
Barrel is an LRI from Sturgis, SD – 40" with a 1:9 twist.
The barrel was "structured" by tacomHQ in Arkansas.
Action is a McMillian TAC50
The scope is Vortex Razor 6-35×56 FFP scope with EBR-7D MOA reticle.
Meh, Imna wait til it comes out in 10mm.

Didn't read the article, but It would be interesting to see what was easily repeatable without having forward air control. At 2000 yards is it under 20"? That sort of thing. What is it's practical utility?

JP9

Didn't read the article, but It would be interesting to see what was easily repeatable without having forward air control. At 2000 yards is it under 20"? That sort of thing. What is it's practical utility?

JP9
It's legal in California so it's the best gun in the world and everyone should have one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top