Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

World ending update

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by giddyupgo55, May 24, 2011.

1. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Because of a error in the math the world will now end October 21.:huh: Good luck everyone.

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Well, that's really going to tick me off if the world ends before Halloween.

3. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

4. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

As long as Dogfish Head gets a shipment of their 120 Minute IPA here to the West coast before then it's cool with me.

5. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

IBTL

the bible says nobody knows the time.. therefor, thinking you do should give you pause.

6. titsonritz

titsonritz has left the building. Well-Known Member

And I believe it this time too. :rollingeyes:

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

It is all greed and arrogance masquerading as humility. Anywhere greed can be used as bait, shysters will be lurking. I am sure that disgusting geezer is enjoying his cash and prizes.

8. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Technically, he didn't attribute his "error" of 5/21/11 to a miscalculation this time around like he did back in 1994. His prediction was that the Rapture would take place 5/21/11, and those that are left behind would face unimaginable suffering until the world is finally utterly destroyed 5 months later (10/21/11). He is actually claiming that Judgment Day did indeed come last Saturday, but it was a "spiritual" judgment, without anything physically happening, so that's why there's no tangible evidence, and so he is basically holding that complete annihilation of the world will indeed come on 10/21/11, despite the apparent absence of a Rapture.

My question is... how exactly does one make the sort of mistake that he made? It seems like global earthquakes that devastate the population of the globe, unimaginable suffering, and 200 million people being suddenly whisked away into heaven is pretty distinct from a "spiritual" judgment day, for which there are no observable signs of any sort. It's not like one can go... "Oooops did I say instant global suffering? I meant to say life is gonna continue as usually for a little while longer!"

9. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

the guys obviously a wackjob. what i cant figure out is how any of this managed to go mainstream...???

10. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

This will get REAL ugly if it happens during football season.
    The whole mid west area will be pissed.

11. mjbskwim

The millions of dollars he has spent on this.He had adds and vans with adds in Times Square.
    That kind of money gets you MainStream coverage

12. raftman

On top that, the whole idea of the world ending has definitely been dominant in the public's imagination for a number of reasons lately. For example, on account of that 2012 nonsense, and the resurgence of zombie anxiety.

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

The collapse of the US and global ponzi debt-based economies and great strife yes. A man on a horsy flying through the clouds, no.

Expecting bad times based on facts is not delusion. It is simply impossible for the US to continue at its standard of living much longer. We are on the brink. Not based on some doomsday nonsense, but the facts.

What is really sad is this conman creep will STILL get his sheep to follow him into October and give him even more $$$ and prizes. People are really gullible, desperate and deluded. The key is deception and delusion vs lack of intelligence. Many otherwise very intelligent people believe the ridiculous because they were indoctrinated into it since childhood. Tom Cruise believes 13 trillion years ago a dude was busy storing up human souls on a planet far, far, away. Is Tom Cruise an idiot? No. Deluded, yes!

Brainwashing and propaganda effect ditmits and intelligent people the same.

This is why it is not fair to call this creep's followers stupid, dumb, etc. A more fair assessment is that they are victims of deception. They should be pitied, no mocked.

14. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

Negatory.

Should we give them a hug too?

15. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

No, those people are morons. They should absolutely be mocked, as pity is wasted on them. Tom Cruise IS an idiot.

Intelligent people are unaffected by this type of stupidity, as they have enough thought process to see through it. Thus, only the mentally weak fall for this type of thing..

Trlsmn, gearhead, dude young and 7 others like this.
  16. raftman

^Exactly!

17. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys but with the Oprah show being done I think that might have qualified as one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

18. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

I thought that was a sign, that things were getting better.

gearhead and (deleted member) like this.
  19. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

yea plus like i posted in the other thread about this... im pretty sure somewhere in the Good ol book it says something like “Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves"

I think this guy should pick up the bible n read it.. he may learn a thing or two..

20. mjbskwim

Maybe he's a Harry Potter fan and has all the fairy tales he needs?

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.