JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
and his methods................

Gyula Mastárós reveals his trade secrets about selecting and shooting his Uberti replica Colt Walker in a 2016 movie from capandball - another Hungarian world champion BP shooter, Dr. Balász Németh.

Seems like all this custom-shop stuff you might read is pure hokum. Anyhow, as an aside, be advised that Mr Mastáros is 6ft 7in, and holds that Walker in a grip like an armourer's vice.

International competition only permits one-handed shooting. Either hand is good, but not both together.

Did not know that...thanks for pointing that out.
For me part of my enjoyment of shooting blackpowder arms is using them as the were used in the 18th and 19th centuries style of loading and shooting...Just thought it was cool to see such good marksmanship , with what many folks would call a "bad" shooting stance...
Andy

ALL STATIC bullseye target shooting is done one-handed. From airguns to the about to be banned .32 S&W centrefire. That's why the guns themselves have such odd-looking grips.

upload_2019-4-1_15-32-53.png

upload_2019-4-1_15-33-27.png

and his methods................

Gyula Mastárós reveals his trade secrets about selecting and shooting his Uberti replica Colt Walker in a 2016 movie from capandball - another Hungarian world champion BP shooter, Dr. Balász Németh.

Seems like all this custom-shop stuff you might read is pure hokum. Anyhow, as an aside, be advised that Mr Mastáros is 6ft 7in, and holds that Walker in a grip like an armourer's vice.

He's about the size of Hicock45...

Huh, semolina to bring ball to top. Makes sense in my mind vs everything I've watched before where there is a big "gap" in the chamber that I'd think hinders accuracy.
I've always wanted to get a cap and ball revolver. I kinda an oddball and am drawn to the Lamatt.

ALL STATIC bullseye target shooting is done one-handed. From airguns to the about to be banned .32 S&W centrefire. That's why the guns themselves have such odd-looking grips.

View attachment 565196

Yes, but my Beeman Unique ISU 69 in .22LR weighs about half what a Walker weighs! Holding up a fine target pistol, with fitted grips is a whole bunch easier than a 4.5 lb. Walker with those tiny grips!

My wife had a DES69 back in the GOD. I liked the nifty dry-fire set-up - turn in a little screw on the rear sight base and it interrupted the hammer travel...so easy. She shot it without the barrel weight - I shot it with a copy of the original barrel weight made by electro-spark shaping a lump of tungsten carbide. That thing could shoot.

I removed the barrel weight, and made up another weight that extended back. I then installed a Weaver rail on it so I could put my Aimpoint on it for Bullseye matches. Works great and helps my old eyes.

In years gone by I fell in LOVE with the Smith and Wesson Model 41a and the Model 46s!!!

I think it might have something to do with the fact that I was handed a Brand Spanking New Model 41, 10 Magazines, a Brick of Military White Box Ammunition, several Targets and a Stapler. The Total of my Instruction amounted to: "Take this out to the 25 yard line and load all of your magazines with 10 rounds, fire them all up until you have emptied the Brick and then
they'll give you another Brick. Shoot until your time is up."

The First Brick turned out to have one 9 and one 8, everything else was either a 10 or an X but I didn't know anything about those at the time but did think it was pretty good shooting.

When I was asked about how I had shot the target I explained I had simply aligned the sights and Squeezed the Trigger on went on to the next shot.

Unfortunately, I got orders to the Little Squabble in Southeast Asia so I never got assigned to the Southern Command Rifle and Pistol Team. I have a feeling it would have been Nice!!!

I've always been a huge S&W fan, and when I shot Bullseye 2400 matches I used a S&W 745 IPSC for my .45 match, and a S&W 52 .38 wadcutter for my "any centerfire" match. I bought a S&W 41 to use in the rimfire portion, but had occasional stovepipe ejected empties, which really screwed with my match scores, and forced alibi rounds.
Others on the team shot 41's without issue. I finally sold my 41 and went to the Beeman Unique, and never regretted that move.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top