JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am going to be putting together a new workout MP3 selection today. My musical tastes are pretty eclectic, so open to most suggestions. Though, for workout music, it should be uptempo, and either hard or upbeat. Some genres are normally put on such a player would be Industrial rock/Industrial dance, heavy metal, some world music, EBM, some Latin, techno, old school rap, etc.

So, what do you suggest? Thanks! :)

Five Finger Death Punch
Seether
Tantric
Eminem
Saliva
Limp Bizkit
Disturbed
Metallica
Tool

These are some in my workout playlist :)

I don't listen to music when I work out, the noise in my head is enough. Plus, I'm not patient enough to "make" a playlist.
Putting all my music on song shuffle allowed me to rediscover Glen Gould.

That said:

Olivia Newton John, "Physical"
Toss Devo or Kraftwerk in there... Beastie Boys, Chemical Brothers, Flaming Lips / Ozzie / Black Sabbath / Montrose / Coverdale / Deep Purple / AC*DC
When lacking imagination or needing to vomit, try some Jane Fonda or Richard Simmons tapes. :eek:
George Clinton <<< This

For warm-down, listen to Leonard Cohen....

Edit to add:
Third World / Jimmy Cliff / Toots and the Maytals / Bob Marley / Peter Tosh / Clash / The Beat / any of the '80's ska bands.
Back in college, used to work out to the above, plus Dire Straits, Men at Work, Weather Report, Shadowfax, Keith Jarrett. The later solo work by Knopfler and Hay are pretty solid too.
One more edit.... Sat down to reload a few years ago and put on Bit*c*hes Brew. i was so taken by the brilliance of Miles that I didn't get but a few rounds loaded. Fast forward 15 years, sitting in my son's car listening to his playlist and discover he really digs Miles Davis too. The boy has better taste than me, by far.

Last Edited:
See what you think about:

Alien Weaponry

Like you, I listen to just about everything as well and most guys here have covered the good metal.. but these young guys (AW) have some great weight lifting music if you've exhausted the other metal music by listening to it too much.

For me, sometimes listening to the same metal over and over wears off in terms of psyching up for heavy lifting.. so Im always trying to find new metal, rap..etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top