JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My lady and I (she finally came around, realized the Portland area and far-left politics are not the way to go) are planning our escape. While I genuinely do love Oregon, specifically the area I'm from (not where I live), it's not going to be anything close to cost effective to stay. On the private market, I was given the opportunity to buy my childhood home for 500,000 dollars. We are likely to choose Utah or Montana, I am pushing for Alaska, Wyoming or Nevada. Lucky for me, my employer is a multinational corporation that allows (encourages) transfer among states. I know some here are also making these plans, what have you come up with as viable?

Never lived in a big city, moved my office to from Seattle to Tacoma about 3 years ago. Living in a small town certainly buffers me from about 90% of the idiocy....for now. :D

While Alaska has many charms, seasons are just too harsh for my geezerhood. My old home state calls to me now and then, but the line between CaliMetastasis and old memories are as brutal as N Montana winters.
I dither over a few prized choices yet remain here firmly on the edge of the Oregon Outback. For now.:cool:

If I was making plans to move my family across the country to escape leftism, Arizona and Texas would not be my choices. Look at current trends, birth rates by demographic, and forecast ten years ahead. Kansas, Idaho, Indiana, and Oklahoma would be safer. Lots of San Francisco types moving to Texas. Lots of Los Angeles types in Phoenix now, trying to take over the state.

Agenda 21 and 23 [what ever the new agenda is actually called] is about a one world government with lives controlled from cradle to grave by the politician and government employee crime gang.

My lady and I (she finally came around, realized the Portland area and far-left politics are not the way to go) are planning our escape. While I genuinely do love Oregon, specifically the area I'm from (not where I live), it's not going to be anything close to cost effective to stay. On the private market, I was given the opportunity to buy my childhood home for 500,000 dollars. We are likely to choose Utah or Montana, I am pushing for Alaska, Wyoming or Nevada. Lucky for me, my employer is a multinational corporation that allows (encourages) transfer among states. I know some here are also making these plans, what have you come up with as viable?

The more guys like you flee is one less vote for freedom in Oregon .your vote will be replaced with :s0136: .

The more guys like you flee is one less vote for freedom in Oregon .your vote will be replaced with :s0136: .
I don't disagree. It's not just the political landscape. Frankly, I can buy a house with land in some of the parts of the country I've named for a little more than a tenth of the cost of what my mother has my childhood home set at. My rent comes out to roughly 20 gs a year.

Agenda 21 and 23 [what ever the new agenda is actually called] is about a one world government with lives controlled from cradle to grave by the politician and government employee crime gang.
To sum it up, in progression.
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Truth and Power Netflix.png

While Alaska has many charms, seasons are just too harsh for my geezerhood. My old home state calls to me now and then, but the line between CaliMetastasis and old memories are as brutal as N Montana winters.
I dither over a few prized choices yet remain here firmly on the edge of the Oregon Outback. For now.:cool:

And it looks more and more like Lewis County every year. Soon, the people not wanting to work will outnumber the people that do. Alaska is quickly turning into a hole.

I don't disagree. It's not just the political landscape. Frankly, I can buy a house with land in some of the parts of the country I've named for a little more than a tenth of the cost of what my mother has my childhood home set at. My rent comes out to roughly 20 gs a year.

What kind of climate do you like? Have you thought of any pre-existing medical or stuff that runs in the family that hasn't set in yet? Make sure the new place will have facilities to address that stuff.

Its like living in Hawaii and having a cardiac event. You'd better be in or near Honolulu.

I'm personally going to stay and fight the leftist tyranny from within, but I'm NOT going to be doing it from Portland... the new/old job gives me incentive to head back to eastern OR.

Actually, that's a little backwards... my grown sons have moved back to the EO and getting my old job back is a means to an end, another piece of a complicated puzzle.

I like high desert cold. We are both healthy. Would like to be within an hour of a city with a hospital. Even in Corbett, where my mom is, and I grew up, is problematic in the winter for first responders. She had a heart attack ten or so years back during an ice storm, and the paramedics would not come to her home. My stepdad, who has since passed, had to drive her down larch mountain to meet them at the fire station. Not being close to help is a familiar situation.

In 2009 the Wife and I packed up every thing and moved to Colorado, which at the time was a really good move, not so much now!:eek::eek::eek:
Still, up at the ranch, it's very conservative and the city politics are not going to effect us any time soon! Granted it's mostly Ranchers and retired Mil, but that has serious advantages! While the cities will burn, the rest of us will be just fine! We don't have to travel to the cities ( About an hour and a Half each way,) as most needs can be met locally, so that has it's advantages as well! Winters can be BRUTAL, and the altitude prevents many of the Flat Landers from venturing up from the Front Range anyway, so we should be safe ( Mostly) from the infection that is taking over the urban areas! Was it a good move, Yes, though it shows the truth in that even a VERY freedom loving state can and will fall to the Leftists once that takes hold as it did in Boulder!

Kansas, Idaho, Indiana, and Oklahoma
I'd consider Oklahoma as well.

I like OK as a state, but have ya'll watched those mega-tornados on YouTube??? I'd rather be someplace else!!! There's a reason property is cheap in the middle of the country!!

It's sad but true. And Calif was once the best place in the nation to live! But can you really blame people for fleeing? Nothing I can do for Calif now, and I keep getting outvoted by the Valley(here in Orygun)... Anybody really think that is going to change? How about estabilishing the Great State of Eastern WashOrDaho??? ;)

Last Edited:
I would strongly suggest spending plenty time in Oklahoma before moving there, because I'm here to tell you that place sucks, unless of course you are into tornadoes, triple digit temperatures with over 90% humidity, bugs and snakes the will f' your world up, massive poverty and bunch of ignorant fool meth heads. Other than that it's great.

If we can make it the next ten years Idaho or Montana are on the top of the list. WA. is going the way Oregon is going so when I retire, we're out of here! I feel for you brother.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top