JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont see the problem with the term harvesting.
Aren't you harvesting the meat?

Killing is a part of it sure, but if all you're doing is killing an animal and leaving it there, i'd hardly call it hunting.

You dont say you're going to kill the corn, even though you are. That would imply that you're simply killing and nothing more. You harvest it.

This. Kill is just one of many steps in the harvest. You kill sage rats or coyotes. You harvest meat game by killing, field dressing, hauling, skinning, butchering, processing, etc.

A rifle is a rifle, a pistol is a pistol. A weapons systems or weapons platform is so totally different.
I kill the deer then slaughter it. I
As to rails. They have uses. but the over use of them is silly and a waste/

My biggest pet peeve is the 3 shot group, a statistically meaningless term, hence its popularity.
mathematically you are correct, But i have don't recall anyone i have read or seen using it statistically. Perhaps you could share an example

I use it to verify new rifles/scopes are setup correctly and I am doing the correct actions repeatedly. First shot to be sure of bullet placement on target. 2nd shot to sure the rifle is shooting point of aim. 3rd shot is to be sure I an able to repeat 2nd shot, call it a proving shot for myself.

Why would the modern innovators of their time roll over in their graves at modern innovation?

Don't rip on things you don't understand. There are BILLIONS of uses for m1913 rails. You don't have any use for them, but there's nothing wrong with their existence.

So why not share one or two as an example instead of making a illogical and mathematically false statement.
Can you come up with even 1000 unique uses.

So why not share one or two as an example instead of making a illogical and mathematically false statement.
Can you come up with even 1000 unique uses.

The article "an" is used before words starting with vowels or consonants with vowel sounds- "an illogical and..."

When I said "billions," I was (I thought obviously) grossly exaggerating. Sometimes exaggerated exaggerations bring a little fun and distraction into a debate, and it's a literary tool I use frequently. I'm sorry if it escaped you.

Speaking only of the kinds of rails I use- quality free-floated handguards on the M4 platform, rails: increase accuracy potential; decrease weight; allow same-planing folding sights; allow, in conjunction with a lightweight offset ring, up to 12 different weaponlight mounting positions; allow 12 o'clock mounting of a light with low-profile front sight; allow the quick attachment and detachment of VFGs and bi-pods; allow for the basically only secure attachment method for PEQs; etc, etc.

But you know all this.

The article "an" is used before words starting with vowels or consonants with vowel sounds- "an illogical and..."

When I said "billions," I was (I thought obviously) grossly exaggerating. Sometimes exaggerated exaggerations bring a little fun and distraction into a debate, and it's a literary tool I use frequently. I'm sorry if it escaped you.

Speaking only of the kinds of rails I use- quality free-floated handguards on the M4 platform, rails: increase accuracy potential; decrease weight; allow same-planing folding sights; allow, in conjunction with a lightweight offset ring, up to 12 different weaponlight mounting positions; allow 12 o'clock mounting of a light with low-profile front sight; allow the quick attachment and detachment of VFGs and bi-pods; allow for the basically only secure attachment method for PEQs; etc, etc.

But you know all this.

What are you gonna use all that stuff for ?

"Operator"

Geezus, anyone who uses anything is an "operator". Watch as I operate my blender! Tactical smoothie!

"Warfighter"

Because "soldier" or "serviceman" isn't badas* enough and doesn't convey what a tough SOB you are... :rolleyes:

"The author......." (Picture caption in gun magazines)

For some reason, the way authors phrase the captions to pictures of themselves shooting guns seems so immature and asinine to me. I guess a lot of my distaste comes from how stupid I think most of these writers look taking "cool", "intimidating", or "tactical" photographs of themselves holding guns. 98% of gun-writers are fat and out of shape, they just look foolish in those tactical poses. In the newest issue of G&A they have a big chunk at the back with some retro articles, it would seem that this habit goes farther back than I thought. Then I took a look at a National Geographic and noticed they often used a similar convention: "The author meeting a group of Massai in Kenya" somehow seems less douchey than "The author wielding his formidable .338 weapon system".

There's more, but no time now.

"Tactical". I have a strong aversion to buying any item or from any shop with the word "tactical" in it.

That is tacti-mazing. I totally have the opposite issue. I only buy things with the word "tactical" in it.

I only buy tactical underwear and socks. All black. Well, except for that Nike swish.

All my pencils are tactical. I am not sure what that even means, but it is true.

I ordered tactical popcorn at the movies the other day. They had none. Those losers. Don't they know everything is better when its tactical. So, I went popcorn free.

My toothpaste is tactical. Tastes like crap, but its tactical. That's all that matters.

I only eat tactial food. Of course, I am getting sick of eating MRE's. But. . . . you gotta remain loyal to tactical, right. TV says so.

I named my dog tactical. He doesn't answer to it. Dumb dog. Doesn't he know tactical is tacticool?

My toe nail clippers are tactical. Must be, the have a swing out bayonet? Don't be fooled. It is not a toe grime scrabber, its a toe bayonet?

I also pee tactical. Don't ask me how, I just do. Sometimes I crouch, sometimes I do a roll and a jump. Bathroom is a mess, but I am tactical with my waste!

I only watch tactical TV. That means a lot of Nutnfancy, Top Gun, Top Shot, Air Wolf and A-Team.

Tactical is just tacticool tacti-mazing.

No, just the computer screen which is also my TV. His videos are petty long so they are just like TV. Anyways, he is "on break" and disappeared a week ago to "mull over" he next steps with the project. All the nutnfancy followers are worried he disappeared.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top