JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congrats. I sent my son to Washington State for his chosen degree field and paid out of state tuition. I was told by his HS guidance counselor to not to expect any scholarship help because he was a Caucasian male even though his grades were some of the best in his class. She was a piece of work, but sadly she was being honest.

Here's hoping your boy has a great college experience. It's tough watching them leave the nest, but gratifying watching them come into their own. Be ready for "Dad, I'm kind of short on money!". Ask me how I know. :s0114:

Thanks guys! he's earned this all himself by getting a 4.0 since gradeschool, he already has 2 local cash scholarships that will help him with expenses and have sent him to a couple college summer programs. The Mindsmatter program he has gone to every Saturday since sophomore year to study as well as sending him to summer programs back east the past two summers they help kids study for SATs and help them apply for grants.

Marathon Education Partners | Marathon Education Partners

<broken link removed>

Congrats!You always said he was smart. This just proves that fact...and that he obviously takes after his mother's side of the family. :)

Well his mom was Japanese so you're probably right about that.

DSCN1105.jpg

Something to be proud of. I know my folks were pretty proud (and relieved) when I was able to secure similar sorts of funding for school back when I went, after providing me many of the same tools and opportunities that you gave your son. I'm certainly planning on helping my kids "make it" the same way...it's the only way to appreciate what you've got and make sure you don't waste it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top