JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Only took me almost 30 years to get into a position to be able to get one. IMG_20190921_193326.jpg

DAMN!! Color me green :D
I have SOOOO wanted to get a Mill and Lathe. Never do as I would seldom use the damn things. Still every time I need something I can't easily find I keep thinking how nice it would be to just be able to go into the shop and make it!! Enjoy!! Many of us envy you :)

I justified my mill purchase by figuring I'd have the capability to make a T-nut for my Aloris tool post so it would fit the PM-1340 I was still setting up. Made perfect sense to me. I mean, isn't that what tools are for? Ya make new tools & parts for other tools, right? Kinda the dog chasing its tail thing. Now I know why they do it :confused:

I've got a mill and a lathe to make big pieces small. I've got a TIG welder and a wire feed to make small pieces big. This way I can make anything!!:D:D:D

No matter how little you use it, you will never regret having it. A number of years ago one of the cheap plastic hinges on my garage door broke. Sunday morning, no garage door places open, no suitable replacement available at big-box stores. I found a couple of chunks of aluminum and whittled out a billet hinge. With my truck trapped in the garage I had nothing better to do....

I justified my mill purchase by figuring I'd have the capability to make a T-nut for my Aloris tool post so it would fit the PM-1340 I was still setting up. Made perfect sense to me. I mean, isn't that what tools are for? Ya make new tools & parts for other tools, right? Kinda the dog chasing its tail thing. Now I know why they do it :confused:

Yeah yeah, it's like having a complete set of WW tools and all I've really built was jigs, sleds for the table saw and fixtures to enhance the usefulness for every other tool in the shop.. I weld WOOD.:s0092::s0092::s0092::s0112:

Thanks all. Got a lot of endmills, boring head, rotary table, and vise. Lathe is next. Don't have a tig(yet) but do have a mig and oxy. If any of y'all need something done let me know.
What I need is someone to move in close to me who has all this equipment who tells me "hey come over and use the stuff any time you want, just leave a few beers and clean up your mess when done. :D:D:D:D

So, not really the place for this but since it's a self-selected group of guys interested in machine tools, I thought I'd mention that I have a small Warner & Swasey turret lathe I need to get out of my way. Got it in a kluge deal, don't need it but can't stand to see it scrapped. It was being used as a second op machine when taken out of service so it runs. Needs work to be back in full trim but it does run and is usable if someone wants a project. Not sure what I have in the way of collets for it. 3ph, with a transformer to run on a rotophase. $400 (negotiable) if anyone can use it. Guessing it's 2-3k lbs. My old forklift will pick it up. PM me if interested..

I just REALLY hate to see machine tools scrapped.

So, not really the place for this but since it's a self-selected group of guys interested in machine tools, I thought I'd mention that I have a small Warner & Swasey turret lathe I need to get out of my way. Got it in a kluge deal, don't need it but can't stand to see it scrapped. It was being used as a second op machine when taken out of service so it runs. Needs work to be back in full trim but it does run and is usable if someone wants a project. Not sure what I have in the way of collets for it. 3ph, with a transformer to run on a rotophase. $400 (negotiable) if anyone can use it. Guessing it's 2-3k lbs. My old forklift will pick it up. PM me if interested..

I just REALLY hate to see machine tools scrapped.
400 eh? I'm am definitely interested! I'll pm you!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top