JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just saw an article in the on-line Columbian thatwoodstove use in Clark County has been temporarily banned due to increasing air pollution levels.

There is an exception for homes where wood heat is the only source of heating.

I guess the air in Oregon is getting pretty thick as well.

Stay warm!

They do this every year around here. I dont think its really enforceable and ive never heard of anybody getting checked whether wood is your only source of heat or not. Just another waste of time kinda like this WA law:

"It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town."

Yeah....27degrees here this morning. I'll stop heating with the wood I bought for the winter when they pry my woodstove from my cold dead hands!!

This air is great, you ought to be along the Wasatch Front in Utah when they've got a good temperature inversion going, like three month out of the winter. Got to laugh at 'em, all the big signs they have across I-15 that warn you of impending doom and comute times are telling you NOT to drive due to the air quality. LOL

Mike

Just another waste of time kinda like this WA law:

It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town."

HEy Slimer13, ya got a citation for that law? That's a good one!!

I have two small wall heaters that never get used. My woodstove is burning wood every minute I'm home, and I don't plan to stop.

I think it's funny the farmers can burn during the end of summer all day Lon and you can cut the smoke on the air with a knife. The ash that lands on my truck is even worse.

I'll burn as long as they burn.

Maybe
I have seen areas ban wood buring, gas lawn mowers ( Use electric) , Ban wood buring stoves/ ovens - except where there is no other option, Have not seen BBQ - but have seen lighter fluids eliminated.

But on Wood stoves adn heaters - if you want to sell your house - you have to have a system meet current emissions - so it does get expensive to sell a house with a wood stove/ fireplace insert - if you have to upgrade it.

I would hope they would ban leaf blowers. MOst useless tool I have seen.

Last we should eliminate all politicians

Whats next, BBQs and lawn mowers.

I'll spend $100 for heat this winter and that includes the gas that I used cutting, hauling and splitting it.

Makes me proud that I'm doing my share to heal the earth by heating with renewables.

So the Gov forces homeowners to heat with fossil fuels? Hmm.

Medford has a wood burning stove ordance. EPA tells you when you can and can not use your wood stove. Ya get a ticket for using your stove on a no burn day.
Wood heat the only heat in your home? Tough.
Buy the way. Get a wood cutting permit. The last one I got was for an area 35 miles from my house. Perfectly good log landing a mile from my house. Logging operation had been finished for over 6 months.
Let's all burn more oil, gas and electricity. (sarcasium) And save the planet.

Medford has a wood burning stove ordance. EPA tells you when you can and can not use your wood stove. Ya get a ticket for using your stove on a no burn day.
Wood heat the only heat in your home? Tough.
Buy the way. Get a wood cutting permit. The last one I got was for an area 35 miles from my house. Perfectly good log landing a mile from my house. Logging operation had been finished for over 6 months.
Let's all burn more oil, gas and electricity. (sarcasium) And save the planet.

Sounds like Medford is a real bubblegumty place to live.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top