JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Deep concealment options are out there. You might want to look at these:

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

Yeah, I got one of those Tuff iTuck cases.

They seem to work for small pistols, but since I have a large Galaxy Note phone that only comes with a large holster which is too big. Yes I can fit my full size Beretta Px4 Storm in there, but there is just way too much fabric that the gun is swimming around in.

One issue that would give me pause is that - if I read you correctly- you will be Out Of State... not good from the POV of whatever interstate laws may apply..and if the sign at the entrance says no guns concealed or otherwise, having to 'splain things to ANYbody could be uncomfortable at best, tho they may just tell you to put it in your car (doubtful in a big city these days), or kick you out of the park...
My own answer to these things is to either wear loose enuff pants with a shirt that hangs low on the waist... pocket carry OR carry some kind of bag, camera case, munchies-pack... or the like, with the 2nd Amendment in an easily accessable pocket. Of course IF they "wand and search", that might not work either..:( Have you considered BDU's with an ankle holster?

I have used fanny packs for just this reason since before they had some made for this. My favorite are the one Uncle Mikes make. I have several gathered over the years. In the summer they are everywhere here. I now and then hear someone proclaim "they scream gun" to which I always have to laugh. If all the fanny packs I see have guns in them there is a lot of guns being carried in places like this. Last time I was on Jury duty I used my largest Uncle Mikes since I got dropped off. I could keep all the crap I wanted to have with me in it. None of the LEO's running around the place gave me a second look.

The worse thing you can do here in Seattle is leave ANYTHING in your car. Unless you're in a Courthouse, or Police station parking lot, your car will be prowled. I go to Woodland Park Zoo every summer and conceal carry. I wear a long T-shirt that does not rise to the point of where the gun would be visible. As for printing, if you're just going about your own business, then you'll probably be the only person to know you are carrying. To be honest, the only sign I remember seeing, does not state "Firearms", just says weapons... What the hell does that mean? When I see that kind of sign, I carry on and don't announce it!

Doesn't the city, county and state courthouses provide you with a lock box or an officer take you firearm and holds it for you?

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2011-12/Pdf/Bills/Session Laws/House/1041-S.SL.pdf?cite=2011 c 221 § 1;
As far as I know and read, those lock boxes are for law enforcement only. I had to go to the South Snohomish courthouse to pay a ticket, and had to use the lock box for my wallet because it has a chain attached. I wouldn't attempt to even ask if there to lock up a firearm, unless you want a sh*t storm of hassle. Easier to leave it at home if visiting the courthouse if there is no designated monitored parking. Never trust giving a state employe in Washington state your firearm. I brought a shotgun that i got at an estate sale to the Sheriff's office years ago just to get the serial number checked out, and it magically disappeared behind closed doors. Got in an accident (hit by a car in a parking lot)and had to be transported to Evergreen Hospital while Conceal carrying. Did the responsible thing and told the officer on scene that I was carrying and he had my wallet and saw I was legal. He told me I could pick it up that day when I was released from getting checked out. Went the next day and was told they cant release it till it processes as not stolen. Long story short, took 2 months to get it back.

Ruger LC9s IWB with a long t shirt. Never been spotted. If you are worried my guess is that you will be carrying a back pack that day for snacks and such for your son or daughter. Use your GHB for the day or one like it and put your pistol in it.

A small sling pack is great for things like that and if you purchase the tactical kind then a lot of them actually have a spot for a pistol. :)
NO NO do not use your pack to carry your gun. Especially in a atmosphere like a zoo where you may be concentrating on your children and forget the pack.
I would never encourage purse carry for similar reasons.
There will be folks there to take anything that they can get their hands on.
I wouldn't go to Seattle first off but I definetly wouldn't go unarmed. The zoo for sure.
Out side the zoo would be a great scenario for making some extra money by robbing visitors. Many ways to get away from that place too

As far as I know and read, those lock boxes are for law enforcement only. I had to go to the South Snohomish courthouse to pay a ticket, and had to use the lock box for my wallet because it has a chain attached. I wouldn't attempt to even ask if there to lock up a firearm, unless you want a sh*t storm of hassle. Easier to leave it at home if visiting the courthouse if there is no designated monitored parking. Never trust giving a state employe in Washington state your firearm. I brought a shotgun that i got at an estate sale to the Sheriff's office years ago just to get the serial number checked out, and it magically disappeared behind closed doors. Got in an accident (hit by a car in a parking lot)and had to be transported to Evergreen Hospital while Conceal carrying. Did the responsible thing and told the officer on scene that I was carrying and he had my wallet and saw I was legal. He told me I could pick it up that day when I was released from getting checked out. Went the next day and was told they cant release it till it processes as not stolen. Long story short, took 2 months to get it back.

Yeah, not quite.

"In addition, the local legislative authority shall provide either a stationary locked box sufficient in size for pistols and key to a weapon owner for weapon storage, or shall designate an official to receive weapons for safekeeping, during the owner's visit to restricted areas of the building. The locked box or designated official shall be located within the same building used in connection with court proceedings. The local legislative authority shall be liable for any negligence causing damage to or loss of a weapon either placed in a locked box or left with an official during the owner's visit"

RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places—Local laws and ordinances—Exceptions—Penalty.

I've used the lockbox at the Spokane County courthouse many times. No one handles your weapon but you. They give you a key, you put it in and lock it, then you retrieve it on your way out.

Are there any other case laws or guidelines regarding licensed concealed carry on public property in Washington?

WALawyer has not provided support for his statement that municipal stadiums and convention centers are the same as parks and zoos. There is at least one court ruling in favor of gun owners carrying in Washington public parks. State Supreme Court agrees that Seattle can't itself ban guns

A second point of contention is if the City is acting "in a capacity that is comparable to that of a private party." by contracting the WOODLAND PARK ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY to manage the zoo?

A third point which maybe in favor of the Zoo's legal ability to ban carry would be contract law. I can see the City or Zoo arguing that although the property is public owned, visitors must pay a fee for entry and that the ticket is a contract which both sides must abide by. If the Zoo makes No Weapons a condition of that contract it may be enforceable. That is the argument of event promoters who lease publicly owned venues for concerts and gun shows. Anyone have a Zoo ticket stub? However, since the WPZS is acting as an extension or agent of the City who pays them to manage the zoo and even dictates a minimum wage, the State Preemption should still apply.

If this ban is allowed to stand, what is stop the City from turning over control of its public libraries to a Friends of Books non-profit Society who then get to make their own rules while still receiving public funding? Why Seattle Public Library Surrendered Its Gun Ban
PS What all does "No Weapons" entail? Legal firearm, buck knife with a blade less than 3", pepper spray, nail clippers, etc.?

Last Edited:
NO NO do not use your pack to carry your gun. Especially in a atmosphere like a zoo where you may be concentrating on your children and forget the pack.
I would never encourage purse carry for similar reasons.
There will be folks there to take anything that they can get their hands on.
I wouldn't go to Seattle first off but I definetly wouldn't go unarmed. The zoo for sure.
Out side the zoo would be a great scenario for making some extra money by robbing visitors. Many ways to get away from that place too

Good Points you got me on that one o_O

Good Points you got me on that one o_O

Anyone who has been around for a while remembers when even in public toilets had tanks. This has long been a source of a lot of red faces. People taking their gun off setting it on the tank then walking off. Many Cops never live this down after it happened to them.
as for public Wife has several purses that are a small back pack set up. They used to sell them at one of the big sporting places. She loves them. The secret is the pack does no come off her unless she is getting something out then back on. Slow way to get at a gun but often it's the only way she will carry so I am all for it.

Are there any other case laws or guidelines regarding licensed concealed carry on public property in Washington?

WALawyer has not provided support for his statement that municipal stadiums and convention centers are the same as parks and zoos. There is at least one court ruling in favor of gun owners carrying in Washington public parks. State Supreme Court agrees that Seattle can't itself ban guns

A second point of contention is if the City is acting "in a capacity that is comparable to that of a private party." by contracting the WOODLAND PARK ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY to manage the zoo?

A third point which maybe in favor of the Zoo's legal ability to ban carry would be contract law. I can see the City or Zoo arguing that although the property is public owned, visitors must pay a fee for entry and that the ticket is a contract which both sides must abide by. If the Zoo makes No Weapons a condition of that contract it may be enforceable. That is the argument of event promoters who lease publicly owned venues for concerts and gun shows. Anyone have a Zoo ticket stub? However, since the WPZS is acting as an extension or agent of the City who pays them to manage the zoo and even dictates a minimum wage, the State Preemption should still apply.

If this ban is allowed to stand, what is stop the City from turning over control of its public libraries to a Friends of Books non-profit Society who then get to make their own rules while still receiving public funding? Why Seattle Public Library Surrendered Its Gun Ban
PS What all does "No Weapons" entail? Legal firearm, buck knife with a blade less than 3", pepper spray, nail clippers, etc.?

First, I don't owe a duty to "provide support" for a hypothetical Internet argument with a stranger. The burden's on you, the proponent of your challenge, to make out a valid case.

Second, I have provided support by citing actual Washington Supreme Court precedent. What you've cited is a Seattle Times article that misstates what actually happened. It equates the supreme court's decision not to review the lower court as "upholding" the lower court, which is not correct. In fact, I remember emailing this reporter back when this story came out to educate her that the supreme court's decision not to review something is not legally considered as "upholding" the previous decision. A decision not to review is a decision not to review, that's it. The lower court decision stands, but a decision not to review is not a stamp of approval on the lower court decision. That would not happen unless the supreme court accepted review and then published an opinion agreeing with the lower court's reasoning. It's no surprise, then, that the KUOW article also erroneously refers to the supreme court's decision not to review the lower court as "upholding" that decision.

The case the article references is Chan v. City of Seattle, 164 Wn. App. 549 (2011). Take a look at the emphasis the court puts on the fact that Seattle tried to regulate firearms in a space "open to the general public." I think the City/Zoo would probably counter by saying that the Zoo is not open to the general public. Only those with a ticket may enter. This is distinctly different from simply being able to walk into a public city park or the public library.

Still, the fact that Seattle pays Woodland an operational payment is an interesting distinction from the traditional relationship between a municipality and a stadium. I would read the contract in full, though, to make sure that the city doesn't later make a profit in some other way, like through a percentage share of total revenue/ticket sales or something else. That contract is really long and I am definitely not reading all of it.

Anyone who has been around for a while remembers when even in public toilets had tanks. This has long been a source of a lot of red faces. People taking their gun off setting it on the tank then walking off. Many Cops never live this down after it happened to them.
as for public Wife has several purses that are a small back pack set up. They used to sell them at one of the big sporting places. She loves them. The secret is the pack does no come off her unless she is getting something out then back on. Slow way to get at a gun but often it's the only way she will carry so I am all for it.
When working in the streets downtown Seattle you need to have a cop or retired cop for a flagger.
We had one that left his revolver on the toilet,lol

When working in the streets downtown Seattle you need to have a cop or retired cop for a flagger.
We had one that left his revolver on the toilet,lol

I saw it happen at the court house one day. Guys kid finds it and hands it to his Dad. Dad should have known better. He walked out with it in his hand. Tried to walk over the to metal detectors to talk to a cop and give it to them. He never made it that far. A couple bailiffs saw him and did a full take down. It did make the papers and if that Cop was still a Cop I'm sure he never lived it down.

Oh crap, I did not think about bathrooms. Can't just leave it on your belt with pants around your ankles if the stalls are not very private. My usually workaround is to unclip my holstered LC9s while standing and put it in my pocket before sitting down.

Oh crap, I did not think about bathrooms. Can't just leave it on your belt with pants around your ankles if the stalls are not very private. My usually workaround is to unclip my holstered LC9s while standing and put it in my pocket before sitting down.

These are also responsible for a lot of the "accidental discharges". When it's someone who is carrying legally they of course blame the gun. It "just went off". When they are carrying illegally they of course just run out of the place. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top