JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Woodland Guns & Ammo - Overall Rating

• Excellent

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Very Good

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Average

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Fair

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
stopped in because I was in the area...and because it's a gun store of course.
friendly guy behind the counter..the owner I believe.Decent selection and prices on what I was looking at,would prolly return if up that way.
howver,I did not like the fact that he keeps the handgun price tags face down under the guns.I don't want to have to ask while browsing.
overall a decent small shop ,stop in if your out Woodland way.

Yes that is the owner - one man shop so far. He must have been in a hurry when moving the guns into the cabinets from the safes as they are usually visible. Also the tags are color coded - forget what is what on that front but I think the red and the green tags are used or consignment and the white tags are new.

So far this is my favorite shop in the area. He has a decent selection especially for a smaller shop and most important he seems to have a knack for stocking the right stuff. From what I can tell his prices are always reasonable. Last time I checked his ammo prices are on par with wally world and if you don't see something he will most likely order it in for you.

I purchased a gun here and would not do it again. He sells most of his guns higher than any other dealer around by a small margin. He will not honor the pricing ON HIS OWN WEBSITE!!!!! He gave me a quote over the phone and emailed it to me and still would not honor it. He will not offer any help over the phone. It is a nice shop on the inside but there is so many people screwing off in the shop you can't even get help. There are to many other gunshops in the vancouver area to waste your time with this one.

I purchased a gun here and would not do it again. He sells most of his guns higher than any other dealer around by a small margin. He will not honor the pricing ON HIS OWN WEBSITE!!!!! He gave me a quote over the phone and emailed it to me and still would not honor it. He will not offer any help over the phone. It is a nice shop on the inside but there is so many people screwing off in the shop you can't even get help. There are to many other gunshops in the vancouver area to waste your time with this one.

First off this is not a valid complaint. This is a slanderer trying to use this forum as a foundation to discredit the reputation of Woodland Guns and Ammo.
I will ALWAYS honor my web pricing, and my prices are very competitive. This complaint is a complete fabrication. I do not give pricing of firearms over the phone, and why would I logically give out two prices as this slanderer stated and then not honor them? This is not good business and I value my reputation in this community more than that. I understand the motive behind these allegations. I feel this post should immediately be removed and this user should not be allowed to tread on the reputation of an honest outfit. Get therapy!

I've known the owner for over a year now and asked him about Junebug's comments regarding quotes. He definitively stated that he has NEVER given a quote on a gun and not honored his price. I would tend to believe him over someone who joins this site specifically to complain about a shop for their first and only post. Junebug - if you had a bad experience with the shop by all means man up and talk to the shop owner - the guy behind the counter. He is a reasonable person and if you have a valid complaint you should give him a chance to make it right before trying to ruin the shop's reputation.

The shop is a owner operated one man business - so yes, on occasion, the shop can get a bit busy and you may have to wait your turn. I know many of the "regulars" that frequent the shop and so far I have never seen any of them push ahead of new customers, in fact quite the opposite - they tell new customers to go a head of them so that they aren't preventing new customers from shopping. After all, more customers = more sales = larger bulk purchases = better prices. Also - I have received better customer service at this shop than any other in the area - I can think of a few that have much higher prices and are irritated that you would ask to see something behind the counter.

I've known the owner for over a year now and asked him about Junebug's comments regarding quotes. He definitively stated that he has NEVER given a quote on a gun and not honored his price. I would tend to believe him over someone who joins this site specifically to complain about a shop for their first and only post. Junebug - if you had a bad experience with the shop by all means man up and talk to the shop owner - the guy behind the counter. He is a reasonable person and if you have a valid complaint you should give him a chance to make it right before trying to ruin the shop's reputation.

The shop is a owner operated one man business - so yes, on occasion, the shop can get a bit busy and you may have to wait your turn. I know many of the "regulars" that frequent the shop and so far I have never seen any of them push ahead of new customers, in fact quite the opposite - they tell new customers to go a head of them so that they aren't preventing new customers from shopping. After all, more customers = more sales = larger bulk purchases = better prices. Also - I have received better customer service at this shop than any other in the area - I can think of a few that have much higher prices and are irritated that you would ask to see something behind the counter.

Maybe Junebug got confused with the Gun Room. :s0131:

I do not in any way believe this happened.

First off this is not a valid complaint. This is a slanderer trying to use this forum as a foundation to discredit the reputation of Woodland Guns and Ammo.
I will ALWAYS honor my web pricing, and my prices are very competitive. This complaint is a complete fabrication. I do not give pricing of firearms over the phone, and why would I logically give out two prices as this slanderer stated and then not honor them? This is not good business and I value my reputation in this community more than that. I understand the motive behind these allegations. I feel this post should immediately be removed and this user should not be allowed to tread on the reputation of an honest outfit. Get therapy!

Actually the gun I purchased was a springfield xd shown on you website at 479.99 in fact it is still on your site at that price and when I came in to buy it you told me the best you would do is 499.99 and that your website must not be up to date. HOW IS THAT SLANDER.

I have had a great experience every time i have walked in. The owner Tim is a great guy, is spot on and has great prices. Don't worry about junebug.... There is always a turd in the bunch... (junebug... go back to your meetings).

Actually the gun I purchased was a springfield xd shown on you website at 479.99 in fact it is still on your site at that price and when I came in to buy it you told me the best you would do is 499.99 and that your website must not be up to date. HOW IS THAT SLANDER.

And he gave it to you how long ago?? Even if it wasn't over the phone or email...... i wish i could of had a quote for fuel a few months ago. Some people.

Junebug, I purchased my first gun from woodland guns and ammo a month or so ago and had a fantastic experience. First of all where do you get off complaining about his pricing? I purchased a xd9sc for $499.99 same as you and it is the best price around period. I went to every other gun shop around and they are all at the same price or higher, in fact Kieth's sporting goods was selling a used one for $550 and the shop on hwy 99 is selling their new one for $550 so your pricing complaint is completely invalid. Second off, yes there are usually people in the store when you go in (which should go to show you it is a good shop) but no matter how many people are in the store the owner has greeted and taken care of me very quickly. I went in the other day and held a CZ P-01 and I am now considering trading in my XD to him for the CZ trust me I would not be doing more business with them if he had bad pricing or treated people bad, and by the way he has that gun on his website for $615 but it is in his shop for $608 so I would say he more than honors his online pricing. It sucks that you had a bad experience but next time that happens to you (by the way I am sure you are the problem) please don't bash someones business on an online forum!!!! As you can see from mine and many other responses everyone else has had nothing but good experiences with this shop

Afternoon Everyone,

This is Tim. I'm the owner of Woodland Gun's and Ammo. I really appreciate the support of everyone on this forum. I'd like to invite Junebug to give us another shot. Please feel free to come by and I'll get you two free boxes of 9mm ammo, (a $27.78 value) for your XD. Hopefully your next experience, if you give us a second opportunity will be better. Thank you to the firearms community and the great supporters out there that keeps small shops like mine in business. As gun lovers we're all on the same side. Junebug you're welcome in back anytime, hopefully no hard feelings:)

My son and I visited the shop for the first time about a week ago and ended up buying him his first gun. The owner was great to deal with and we felt like we were well treated. Woodland Guns and Ammo is highly recommended in my opinion and we will certainly be going back.:s0155:

Visited for my second time today. The first time in was several months back and he had several customers at the counter and was in deep conversation with a couple of guys so I figured I would come back later. Didn't make it back until this morning. I have been looking for a 9mm to shoot drills with that I could throw in the dirt and mud without losing sleep over the damage I did to my pistol. Honestly I have had 4 separate people tell me not to bother stoping by this place and only one person I know that spoke highly of him. I tend to form my own opinions so I figured I would give it a shot and I live in the same town so why not spend my money here. I showed up a little after ten am and there were a couple guys at the counter, I believe transferring a private sale. They were standing in front of the pistol display case so I decided to check out the goodies on the wall to kill time until they were finished. Several minutes in the guy behind the counter ( the owner) says " hey what can I help you with, what's your deal?" I started to say I was here to see what you had for pistols when he cut me off, looked down and said who has mud on their boot? This threw me for a second, I looked at the guy standing next to me, looked at the floor and saw a few minor heel prints on the tile floor and we proceeded to check our boots. It has been flooding here in woodland as I'm sure you are aware of the landslide we had that shut down northbound I-5 for a couple days. After checking my shoes it turns out I was the perp that had some how found mud with my left heel. I quickly apologized but was asked to leave. I feel like this should have been handled better as I was not intentionally damaging property and all could have been fixed with a simple wipe of a paper towel which I would have gladly done as I was the idiot that didn't check my feet before I walked in. I don't like to make things difficult for small business especially gun shops but I really think they could use some work in the customer service end of things. I didn't want to make a big deal of this but it has been bugging me all day for some reason and I felt the need to vent a little.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top