JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today's Forgotten Weapons* features variants of the vz61 family of machine-pistols. One had a wood stock and a quick google-age seems to suggest not a one off. Were these ever imported or cloned here? Just curious because I like the vz61, but the stock is kind of "meh", and that's being charitable.

You working for the ATF?

THAT's A JOKE!

So then......don't just slap a stock on a pistol, without the proper ATF form 1 and the payment of the tax. I do NOT want to see anyone end up in prison over this.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Adding a wood stock to a 1913 rail end piece like you show above is very easy. It's literally just two screws and a 1913 folding adapter (I like the Sig Sauer/sb tactical folding adapter best personally due to very nice lockup).

I chopped a regular wood stock and made it a folding wood stock this way. Attached a piece of metal pic rail to the front and the folding adapter to the stock. I always thought if I wanted make it a near flush fit (ie little to no gap between the wood pieces) one could inset the folding adapter into the wood. Never bothered doing that though. There would always be some metal showing on one side (the edge of the folding adapter). If you don't want it folding it would cost less and just use a mount for a pic rail of the right size for your stock. Just make sure to use two screws not one. Otherwise the stock will want to rotate no matter how tight you think you have it.

The custom smith 3d printed adapters are well made. I have the mp5 version and the sp5k version. They are a bit off color kind of a bluish black vs true black. The mp5/mp5k ones have a metal qd mount on the bottom which is a godsend. No more trying to fit a brace/stock and a separate qd mount on the same rail (the rail is always small).

Here's a pic of the mp5 custom smith adapter, note the slightly bluish hue. The color difference is noticeable next to a black receiver.
5B89C2AE-D1DF-4AA1-BFF7-93BFC9AD5881.jpeg

Last Edited:
I'm sure someone here has a take off wood AK wood stock that you could cut down to fit. Not sure about length of pull though.
4ACAFD4C-8CF9-4321-ACD8-3BCD8D5EFDE4.jpeg
I will have an extra one of these below shortly (gun and stock order is delayed, already have one stock so this one is extra) you can have but you would have to modify and add wood to fill the gap above the receiver which would be a royal pain unless you enjoy wood working. Also thumbhole may not be the style you want for a machine pistol, it's kind of more of a rifle stock. Also I have no idea about grip fitment but it's wood, you can modify a lot.

Left side
67FE6313-515F-4F3A-9CED-B41470EBAAC0.jpeg
Right side

D01D756A-4910-4661-A9BB-2F22A025D343.png

Last Edited:
Finally had a moment to circle back to this. I bought one of these adapters:

1659116910377.png

Suggestions, with link if possible, on:

• Appropriate woodstock. Does not have to be folding and would prefer not, actually.
  • Whatever bits I need to attach said.
Thanks all. :)

View attachment 1248625

• Appropriate woodstock. Does not have to be folding and would prefer not, actually.
So since you will have the rear facing pic rail (excellent!) you can now literally use any pic rail (1913) mount/clamp/base plate and attach it to your stock. Note that a side benefit is that same stock could be used on any gun you have that has a pic rail on the back.

You could get a standard mounting plate like for a red dot or you could take the 1913 rail mounting clamp/base off a laser, flashlight, red dot, or anything that has a 1913 mounting plate. Then drill two holes in the plate (unless it already has holes) and screw it to the wood stock.

Fe here is the mounting plate on this $12 red dot (it's not ideal due to the shape but you get the idea)

B4E658E1-6970-4946-B939-A0B1CB2225C2.jpeg
A112E632-A557-46D8-8EB5-DF05201EAA86.jpeg
Some examples, note this from a fast Amazon search I did not check sizes of any of these. 40E476D2-B737-40AF-9BAD-293869217C0D.jpeg 68B6204C-3E0C-4F59-A2BB-803B2C9244BC.jpeg B75CF7AA-03DA-440D-B8AA-A46B901DC75E.jpeg

Or if you want to get really creative, the huge choice of mounting plates lets you do anything you can imagine. For example you can have a quick release stock, a stock with a red dot mounted at 45 degrees as a secondary sight, A QD sling adapter as part of the plate, A loop sling adapter as part of the plate. Or add a second pic rail that is longer to which you could attach a qd mount or ? to the part of the pic rail that extends below the stock. These kinds of things are for the creative minded and not standard imo:

A1FBFEB7-2A8C-4A79-91CF-8DC378A1D1A9.jpeg E2B14E28-DD00-4CFA-840C-721B290E6B01.jpeg 4A6E6518-7BE0-41CE-A509-8C77F9F6A1FE.jpeg 1FDEA5EE-FF37-485D-960F-4BF0CEBD3343.jpeg
Not sure if this one would be useful or not. Just one I noticed with long and short options. Seems like this style may be more likely to flex though compared to a one piece plate?
5B6D1F14-84D4-4569-809F-811B715A2627.jpeg

Last Edited:
For stocks I would try to find an akstock that someone removed for cheap. I have never explored it but I would guess ak retailers like Atlantic, dissident arms? also sell ak stocks. I would think AK guys would know where to get less expensive ak stocks so it might be worth a seperate thread requesting places to buy stocks? I got the thumbhole one I was talking about But I can't see any way to attach it to vz61 due to grip is part of the stock (pic attached below). I bet someone on the forum has a regular ak stock laying around unused. Or maybe try an ask parts place?maybe even eBay?

One thing I would suggest is find a stock that has roughly same height at the shoulder as the one in the video you posted. I don't know if ak stock is that same height/shape I'm only guessing.

Another alternative if you want a custom "dream" stock is that Korea guy linked above and have him mount a pic rail mount to it. I'm guessing that would be expensive though but I don't know. All just ideas, feel free to ignore. I've installed/converted about 8 pic rail braces/stocks fwiw but on mine I used folding adapters (personal preference).
0B82ABDA-6AB1-4977-A1AB-C719BBEB596E.jpeg

Last Edited:

View attachment 1248625

is this one plastic? I have the isle manufacturing one which is zytel. Debating attempting to brass cast one using the isle manufacturing one to sand cast it. (Not destructive to the zytel as I would sand cast.) I like metal.

is this one plastic? I have the isle manufacturing one which is zytel. Debating attempting to brass cast one using the isle manufacturing one to sand cast it. (Not destructive to the zytel as I would sand cast.) I like metal.
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it is polymer.* I too would prefer metal. But worth playing around with. (This year has been insane in my personal and professional life, and continues to be so, but some time off starting, well, today means working on projects. :D)

* Came in earlier in the week.

Part - Copy.jpg

Thought I would post a pic of another pic rail mount that has one screw that is "almost" a quick release. One screw may make slightly less stable long term but benefit is quick removal if u want.

ECE68C91-CA86-48E3-A181-A153B370B53D.jpeg
A02F96AF-EFE7-4D7C-BFCF-BFAFC59E1CAD.jpeg
Also FYI probably not what u want but here is pic of sb tactical/sig Sauer folding adapter. U can see that it can be mounted or even set into a wood stock but the hinge part will always be showing.
72C9ECB9-519E-49B8-89A5-4013016A0425.jpeg
9FF87091-09F2-4112-BA37-ACBD8790A844.jpeg
0EAE29CD-44A4-4C30-B828-CC5A28E20004.jpeg
Also FYI I wouldn't bother with the thimbhole stock unless u really like woodworking. Too hard to try to make it fit. It fits standard ak guns but lots of little wood working to make it fit. I just put on a lynx 12 and it's just rough fit at this point. I do love the feel in ur hand though.
7AF99907-BD8A-495F-A258-722F5604E206.jpeg

FYI I noticed this ak stock and furniture in the classifieds. Looks like it's up north though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top