JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was fortunate as a kid. Was a Cub Scout in the small town for a year then we bought 80 acres out in the country. 43 2nd growth timber and 37 cleared acres. No scout pack but this was logging country and my dad logged when he was growing up. Soooo they had this club for kids called Woodmen Rangers. Well, we camped, fished and shot. I won the field day with all 2nd places to get 1st overall. My prize, nice Eagle claw rod & reel. Dad rewarded me with a Remington 581 bolt action .22 on my 10th birthday. Still have it. Brutus out

I grew up in Russia. My school (elementary + middle + high schools combined, kids from 7 to 17 in the same big building) had a .22 rifle range in the basement, and it was quite normal. This was part of the "basic military training", a mandatory class inherited from the USSR when the country was expecting a nuclear strike from the U.S. We practiced throwing (replica) grenades, running in gas masks through smoke, taking cover, treating wounds and injuries, studied theory on chemical / nuclear / conventional attacks. At that age (10-15 years old) "prepping" was fun, nobody took it seriously. The teacher had served on a nuclear submarine and told us a lot of tales.

All men younger than 27 have to spend 12 months in the Army with a bunch of excemptions for PhDs, single parents, medical conditions, etc.

While civilians cannot possess handguns / automatic weapons (ever since the communists disarmed the nation), they can shoot them at ranges. Most of the population does NOT want handguns / concealed carry to be legalized - after decades of playing the "zero sum" game of "fair wealth distribution" the post-communist society continues to distrust everything and everyone. People believe that in the absence of any long-standing gun culture the nation would descend into a bloodbath, at least during the first generation (or maybe not - but nobody wants to find out). The murder rate per capita is 3-4 times higher than in the U.S. - people kill people with knives, axes, illegal guns, traumatic pistols, poisons, bare fists, whatever.

Asking for Putin here is the same as asking for Stalin. His macho TV image is cheap domestic propaganda for those still clinging to their old cold war fantasies. The country is completely controlled, milked and abused by Putin and his friends. Protesters are repeatedly thrown into jails and most people do not even bother to protest anymore because of the unlevel playing field and having a lot to lose (thanks to the oil prices) - everybody is taking care of themselves, rich folks are trying to send their kids abroad to study and possibly settle - the U.S. is one such destinaton. It is a sad story of a communist-castrated nation and a number of scumbags abusing the sheeple.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top