JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I gave my Freshman speach in High School on how to field strip and clean a M1 Carbine. This was the 73-74 school year. took one phone call from Dad to the VP to get permission to take it to school on the bus. Only rule I remember was I had to keep it in my locker between classes and wasn't supposed to carry ammo for it. I got an A.

Another thought. If this is a School what makes anyone think its equal to one of our High Schools the students in this video could be something equal to a ROTC program. And I wonder do these same kids have a firearm at home? That would be the question. Not if they drill with one in a class but if there is one in the cup board at home.

in fact that is a big maybe:

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/russia

"In Russia, only licensed gun owners may lawfully acquire, possess or transfer a firearm or ammunition

Genuine Reason Required for Firearm Licence
Applicants for a gun owner's licence in Russia are required to prove genuine reason to possess a firearm, for example, hunting, target shooting, collection, personal protection,

Minimum Age for Firearm Possession
The minimum age for gun ownership in Russia is 18 years25

Gun Owner Background Checks
An applicant for a firearm licence in Russia must pass background checks which consider criminal, mental, and medical25 26 records

Firearm Safety Training
In Russia, an understanding of firearm safety and the law, tested in a theoretical and/or practical training course is required for a firearm licence

Gun Owner Licensing Period
In Russia gun owners must re-apply and re-qualify for their firearm licence every 5 years

In Russia, civilians are not allowed to possess automatic firearms and handguns

Regulation of Automatic Assault Weapons
In Russia, private possession of fully automatic weapons is prohibited

Regulation of Semiautomatic Assault Weapons
In Russia, private possession of semi-automatic assault weapons is not specifically prohibited in law

Regulation of Handguns
In Russia, private possession of handguns (pistols and revolvers) is prohibited

Both open carry and concealed carry is prohibited with some exceptions

SO just because they are playing with an AK in some class does not mean you want to trade programs.

I wish they'd have firearms training in our schools. Also, if all men and women of 18 years of age were mandated to spend at least 18-24 months in military, maybe we wouldn't have so many anti-gun, overweight, liberal pansies running around and dictating their interpretation of The Constitution Of The United States Of America.

That's a great video. The way those kids get the cleaning kit out of the buttstock was impressive since I always seem to draw a bit of blood doing so.

I wish they'd have firearms training in our schools.Also, if all men and women of 18 years of age were mandated to spend at least 18-24 months in military, maybe we wouldn't have so many anti-gun, overweight, liberal pansies running around and dictating their interpretation of The Constitution Of The United States Of America.

I get what you're saying and agree for the most part.

I'm a vet....and can remember serving with some "interesting" folks. It's a volunteer Army and all....and honestly, some had no business being in. They would have better served their country by staying as far away from the military as possible (politics too - hopefully). They were walking cluster-bubblegums. Absolutely worthless. And they wanted to be in.

I can't immagine (well - I can, and it's a scary thought) dealing with a FLOOD of additional walking cluster-bubblegums. Absolutely worthless. That don't want to be in.

The miltary is not an assembly line operation that takes anything you stick in and out pops all heros. It refines you. It hones you. You ultimately choose how it does that. The individual decides the results are. It builds "character"?...Yes, it does! The "character" it builds....isn't always a postitve one. I'll give you that some undesireables come in and leave changed men. But there are also some that go in with the best intentions and ethics and leave sacks of trash. Ones that want to be there.

Ive seen it takes some of the most worthless slackers and sacks of fertilizer in the world and only makes them better and more "efficent" at what they are. Highly skilled, top notch slackers and scum. They wanted to be there.

Same with those who are solid quality folks that want to be the best they can be. Can take a good person and make them the best. Guys worth dieing for and willing to do the same for you. Yep...all volunteers too!

I was in the Infantry... and sadly met
anti-gun, overweight, liberal pansies running around and dictating their interpretation of The Constitution Of The United States Of America..
.... Not a ton of them, but more than I would have liked or expected to. And they wanted to be there. Some of the greatest men I've ever met, I served with. Some of the most vile and discusting ones I've met were in uniform also. The military is NOT a cookie cutter answer for everyone. Especially for those that don't want to be there....

I used to say that everyone should serve, but now I would advise everyone against it. Without all those willing bodies the military war machine would be starved and these worthless politicians would not be able to play Conquest around the globe.
If they tried the draft again they would get a lot more pushback from the general population.

I remember all these stories my buddies tell me when they lived in states like Montana or wherever, and they'd roll to school with rifles and shotguns locked up in their gun racks in their trucks. Wish I lived in a place where I could do that lol.

I remember at summer school in 1975 and it was before I started 6th grade. We got to fire single shot bolt action 22 caliber rifles. We had some basic firearms training and discussion first before we were issued an unloaded rifle. We then had to take a school bus over to the national guard armory that had in indoor training range.

Times have changed a lot since 1975 as this was in California.

I wish they'd have firearms training in our schools. Also, if all men and women of 18 years of age were mandated to spend at least 18-24 months in military, maybe we wouldn't have so many anti-gun, overweight, liberal pansies running around and dictating their interpretation of The Constitution Of The United States Of America.

I was regular Army (volunteer) when there was still a draft. There is good things to say about the draft, and bad. I'm not sure the "all volunteer" Army is any better (or even as good as) when we did have the draft.

The founding fathers had a problem with a standing Army. There was (is) too much opportunity to misuse it...as we see today. If you have a civilian reserve Army, no agressor will be stupid enough to invade you. (consider Switzerland and Sweden in WWII). If you keep you nose out of other country's business, you will have no (or very few) enemies.

IMHO: All 18 year olds should go in for 6 months of training, and then require a month a year for continuing training every year until they are 45 or 50. They also should be required to have the weapon, and ammo at home with them, and practice every opportunity they wish, ammo supplied.

If you want to be an officer, you would be required to do 18 months training and the 1 month a year with your men. The trainers could volunteer to be trainers for a max of 4 years at a time. (including officers) Consiencious Objectors (like the Amish) could do the work of some of our burocrats do now....at enlisted military wages, no retirement available.

I remember all these stories my buddies tell me when they lived in states like Montana or wherever, and they'd roll to school with rifles and shotguns locked up in their gun racks in their trucks. Wish I lived in a place where I could do that lol.

I lived in Oregon in the 50's and 60's. You could do that in OR back then too. All you need to do is get organized and reverse5-0 years of anti-gun garbage.

I was regular Army (volunteer) when there was still a draft. There is good things to say about the draft, and bad. I'm not sure the "all volunteer" Army is any better (or even as good as) when we did have the draft.

The founding fathers had a problem with a standing Army. There was (is) too much opportunity to misuse it...as we see today. If you have a civilian reserve Army, no agressor will be stupid enough to invade you. (consider Switzerland and Sweden in WWII). If you keep you nose out of other country's business, you will have no (or very few) enemies.

IMHO: All 18 year olds should go in for 6 months of training, and then require a month a year for continuing training every year until they are 45 or 50. They also should be required to have the weapon, and ammo at home with them, and practice every opportunity they wish, ammo supplied.

If you want to be an officer, you would be required to do 18 months training and the 1 month a year with your men. The trainers could volunteer to be trainers for a max of 4 years at a time. (including officers) Consiencious Objectors (like the Amish) could do the work of some of our burocrats do now....at enlisted military wages, no retirement available.

They had some much against standing armies that it is unconstitutional for the US to have one outside of times of war.
If we were not still technically at war with North Korea, the active Army would be a big no-no.

Not that would matter to those power hungry, self absorbed jackals in congress. They never really followed that particular article of the constitution anyway.

not sure if they still have it but in 2000 had a buddy at tumwater highschool and they had a marksman elective class that went shooting at the littlerock gun range. he had to seperate the bolt from gun before school grounds, then had to hand it over to the teacher to be locked up till the class.

I used to say that everyone should serve, but now I would advise everyone against it. Without all those willing bodies the military war machine would be starved and these worthless politicians would not be able to play Conquest around the globe.
If they tried the draft again they would get a lot more pushback from the general population.

I'm of a similar mind. There was once a time when I would have burned the entire world to ashes for this country if that's what it took... but this sad-sack, sorry, POS, hedonistic, upside-down, evil cesspool of a dying "empire", run by insane SOB's looking for any excuse to devour me and mine isn't worth my, or mine's blood.

We need to serve... by burning out our internal/domestic infestation.

In 1965 I was on the high school rifle team. We shot small bore indoor matches.

Later, I was in the USN (Submariner) during Vietnam when there was a draft. In those days recruits couldn't go whining to a lawyer about their treatment. For those who had a hard time following orders there was "rocks and shoals", either formally or informally, and the drill instructor could and would kick anybody's butt. Either you conformed and straightened yourself out or you ended up in the brig.

I think Robert Heinlein had a pretty good idea that he included in his book "Starship Trooper". In that world, military service was voluntary, but citizenship depended on having served. No service, no vote.

I was in high school and driving in that time frame as well. All through September - December we all had guns and bows in our trucks, and we parked on campus. No one worried about it. And we were skipping school to hunt pretty regular also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top