JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering about opions on brands of mounted bipods.I just picked up a Howa/axiom and am looking for a good bipod the gun.I have always used sticks before on my AR but it just did not feel right with this rifle as far as height and mobility.

I have used Harris and Shooters Ridge and I feel that the Shooters Ridge bipod is just as good as the Harris and it's about half the price and it works very well when you are coyote hunting

I have 2 Harris bipods, and one shooters ridge, and have had one previous. The shooter's ridge is a decent clone, but doesn't feel quite as solid as the harris bipods. That said, I use the Shooters ridge on my rimfire trainer, and the harris 6-9 on my precision rig.

I think it was a decent deal when it cost $29.99, but for what they are going for now, just get the harris.

If you are hunting with them I would not use them as they are cumbersome to use on different terrain. They are great for the bench and I would get Harris for that reason. Look at BogPog's and that is what I use for predator hunting. Here's the reason it is adjustable for seating kneeling and standing and the pivot head rotates 360 degrees. You can't do that with bipods. These are great for uneven terrain and slopes where bipods are difficult to use. Just my opinion though.

I have a Harris 13-23" on my gun right now, and I am not impressed. It is a decent bi-pod for the money, but still seems a little cheap, and flimsy. I have to agree with Scott that they are not for hunting. They do work okay for target shooting. Overall I would save the money for something better.

I'm not sure on the brand, but I personally would NOT buy a Harris. To many moving parts and exposed springs and I have owned two. One bipod fell apart on a rugged hunt. The brush will eat the springs, branches tend to get entangled around the release mechanisms. Maybe, I'm to hard on my equipment?

My advice; look for bipods that don't have exposed springs; it should also have a swivel that allows 360-degree horizontal movement. Think about it, most Harris's are designed for line-of-sight shooting, the more you tweek the gun in a direction that it wasn't intended the mount and mechanisms will start to loosen. Warranty's are BS when the springs or parts are MIA.

I do apologize for not having the brand names. You can expect to spend over $150 for a quality bipod.

Good luck
Mike

I have a Shooters Ridge I bought when they were under $30, it works fine. The nuts securing the legs to the baseplate loosened up, but I tightened them and added loc-tite, and haven't had any problems since.
I prefer to shoot across my backpack or my sweatshirt as padding on a log or rock, but, sometimes the bipod is a real fast, nice rest in the field.

I have used many bipods including those mentioned above. from my experience they all work. The shooter needs to have practice with each and good shooting practices. A couple of peices of random sticks found in the wood will do, if u do your part. If you can't do your part forget it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top