JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just google, it's an AP story.

Cliff notes: Cop black list. The article suggests a database that holds names of all cops terminated, punished, or otherwise have been found to have engaged in misconduct. Also it suggest a requirement that checking this DB would be mandatory for any publicly funded PD before hiring a police officer. This would have to be state level, or municipality level law, since this is not in Fed's jurisdiction.

Personally , would go a step further and add a presumption of negligence by the PD, and personal accountability of the PD leadership, should an officer flagged by this DB be hired and again engages in misconduct. Once you put someone's job on the line, it makes them sit up and listen very quickly.

Why, because the jobs are funded by my taxes, so yes, I get to have an opinion on the standards of the people who are hired to do that job.

Sounds a little Draconian to me. I just watched a cop get railroaded because - and this is straight from a juror - the jury was in fear for their lives if they acquitted. If it can happen that blatantly you can be sure it's happening at a more subtle level more frequently.

Mr. Sweat does make a good counter point; however, there does need to be more accountability for the people placed in these types of roles.

But... we all know that getting people to be responsible and accountable for their actions is difficult these days.

-Robert

Just google, it's an AP story.

Cliff notes: Cop black list. The article suggests a database that holds names of all cops terminated, punished, or otherwise have been found to have engaged in misconduct. Also it suggest a requirement that checking this DB would be mandatory for any publicly funded PD before hiring a police officer. This would have to be state level, or municipality level law, since this is not in Fed's jurisdiction.

Personally , would go a step further and add a presumption of negligence by the PD, and personal accountability of the PD leadership, should an officer flagged by this DB be hired and again engages in misconduct. Once you put someone's job on the line, it makes them sit up and listen very quickly.

Why, because the jobs are funded by my taxes, so yes, I get to have an opinion on the standards of the people who are hired to do that job.
Would tardiness show up under "punished"? You'd think an arrest record would be sufficient as 9/10 of that environment is political.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top