JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently, he is the son a failed mayoral candidate who lost to the current mayor. He was ID'ed as a wacko in Jr. High, when offered help his parents declined and home schooled him. How much you want to bet he got the gun from dear ol' dad?
^^^Called that one...

But when Crimo applied for a firearm-owner's identification card three months after the weapons were taken away, his father sponsored his application because he was under 21, the state police said in a statement, according to the Chicago Tribune.

"The subject was under 21 and the application was sponsored by the subject's father. Therefore, at the time of FOID application review in January of 2020, there was insufficient basis to establish a clear and present danger and deny the FOID application," the statement said.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/05/highl...-crimo-threatened-to-kill-his-family-in-2019/

From the same article...

Illinois has a "red-flag" law — the Firearms Restraining Order Act enacted in 2019 — which allows family members to apply for a court order so that authorities can confiscate weapons from those deemed to be dangerous.

But despite the law being in place for two years, officials said it is rarely utilized.

Glad to see they're so effective. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
" coming out party."? That phrase is universally attached to homosexuals informing family and friends of their sexuality. Are you now suggesting that he was homosexuals and that in someway led to his actions?
You said it not me, that wasn't my intention or what I said.
It is weird that you related the two thing's.

hulka.jpg

Last Edited:
Concerning the issue of his (?) crossdressing, is it possible that he was just trying to get a feel for a future roll he may be destined to fill in his near future?

So much failure...

• Early 2019: "local police went to the home after receiving a report Crimo had tried to take his own life a week earlier."
  • Sept 2019: "Police took knives from home after Crimo said he would kill people "
  • After the Sept visit: "He legally obtained the weapon used, officials say". 5 guns total.
  • "Police in Highwood – the suspect's hometown, just outside Highland Park – had no prior crime-related interactions with Crimo, according to Chief Dave Wentz."
  • "He posted violent imagery online"
  • "His uncle says he saw no warning signs " ...his uncle who lived with him. Lived with him....

Takeaway here: he was documented both suicidal and violent but apparently police departments dont talk to each other and his own live in family member had no idea.

PD should have confiscated his firearms a long time ago.

The media is sure doing everything it can to NOT name the type of gun he used. I've heard "high powered rifle similar to an AR15," a bunch.

So what the hell was this thing? Because you know darn well if it was an AR15, they would be saying so. It will be pretty ridiculous if it turns out to be a High Point 9mm carbine.

My guess, however, is it was a mini 14.

The media also says he bought five guns. So what were the other four?

Did the "ordinance" expire or something? :rolleyes:

The toll in this wealthy, liberal Chicago suburb: Six dead, at least 30 wounded and the realization that no city or town is immune to the gun violence rocking America.
Mayor Nancy Rotering signed a city ordinance banning assault weapons almost a decade ago. The Supreme Court later declined to hear an appeal seeking to overturn the ordinance. Rotering said she did not know details on how the alleged shooter obtained the high-powered rifle used in the assault, but she said he did so legally.
While it may be true that 'no town is immune to gun violence', some towns are not disarming all the victims, while at the same time releasing known violent offenders on low to no bail--this is the difference between a handful of dead people before the perp is shot & the heavy death toll we see in blue cities

My 3 main take-aways from this incident, which is about the same as the last couple:

1. LE is entirely inept when it comes to halting a mass shooting attack. "Leave it to the police to protect us" is absolute B.S.
2. Having more people on the streets with CCW's and free to carry in public settings greatly increases the odds of one stepping up and putting a seed in a shooters pumpkin. (Or for those arguing this guy was on the roof and a handgun would be ineffective at hitting a target... fire supression works!)
3. It's sure a good thing that these shooters are still gravitating toward "assault rifles". Dual wielding a couple 9 lunginators would have flipped the dead and wounded counts on their head. "24 dead, 7 wounded". Be grateful for small gifts. 🤣

Crimo purchased the rifle used the assault around 2020 and 2021, according to Sgt. Chris Covelli, the spokesman for the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force. Covelli did not provide the exact location or dates of the purchase.

Covelli, speaking at a press briefing, also said that a year or so prior, in April 2019, police were called because Crimo had attempted suicide, which resulted in Highland Park police visiting his home. The family assured the responders that they were seeking help from mental health authorities, police said.

Five months later, police were again called to Crimo's home because he was threatening to kill people, Covelli said. Responding officers also confiscated 16 knives, a dagger and a sword from the home.

In announcing charges Tuesday afternoon, Lake County State's Attorney Eric Reinhart also spoke pointedly about the state's red flag law.

"Illinois has a strong red flag law that keeps communities safe and respects everyone's rights," Reinhart said. "We must vastly increase awareness and education about this red flag law."

Late to this thread, did not read all posts, BUT:

Why are the police so "cagey" about publicly identifying the gun used? "Similar to an AR15", "High velocity ammunition", etc. etc., etc. Nothing specific that I have heard. (and yet they have sales records, etc.)

Most normally at this point (including the Kyle Rittenhouse incident), the weapon would be immediately identified as to caliber, manufacturer, etc.

What's going on here?

Why are the police so "cagey" about publicly identifying the gun used?
Obviously, because it doesn't fit the political narrative. Notice that they haven't come out with the "assault weapon" branding, which is their "go-to". IMHO, that's pretty telling that they are struggling to keep the weapon used in conformance with the agenda. They are sure trying though. Using terms such as "high caliber rifle" and "AR-type" association working in the publics mind.

After all. We ALL know that even a 9mm PCC could fit within those descriptors.... if you're ignorant enough to believe the current nonsense out of capital hill.

(Not that I think it was. The audio captured certainly sounded heavier caliber, but making the point...)

Last Edited:
Obviously, because it doesn't fit the political narrative. Notice that they haven't come out with the "assault weapon" branding, which is their "go-to". IMHO, that's pretty telling that they are struggling to keep the weapon used in conformance with the agenda. They are sure trying though. Using terms such as "high caliber rifle" and "AR-type" association working in the publics mind.

After all. We ALL know that even a 9mm PCC could fit within those descriptors.... if you're ignorant enough to believe the current nonsense out of capital hill.

(Not that I think it was. The audio captured certainly sounded heavier caliber, but making the point...)
And also with the exception of the sound track of the gun firing, a 10-22 with an Arch Angel stock would qualify toward all the furtive, reserved descriptions.

Then you learn this happened in Illinois with tight gun laws, red flag laws and even a decade old AWB:
Highland Park has been a leader in the fight against gun violence. Nearly a decade ago, Rotering led an effort in the Chicago suburb to ban assault weapons.

So what does the worthless Gov and VP do? Why demand nationwide extensions of these worthless laws. Because the goal isn't saving any lives or anything virtuous

Law enforcement and politicians haven't mentioned how fortunate they are that the shooters are not more proficient. A well practiced shooter would have had a much higher percentage of hits.

I wonder if being in women's clothing was more than just a disguise.
If you mean to imply he had tendency/desire to cross dress, i would think not. His purpose was to murder and try to escape, otherwise he would have gone as himself and died by the police in a shootout or something. Typical espinage training all too popular. Just my opinion.

Covelli, speaking at a press briefing, also said that a year or so prior, in April 2019, police were called because Crimo had attempted suicide, which resulted in Highland Park police visiting his home. The family assured the responders that they were seeking help from mental health authorities, police said.

Five months later, police were again called to Crimo's home because he was threatening to kill people, Covelli said. Responding officers also confiscated 16 knives, a dagger and a sword from the home
Back in 2010 when we went to get wifey her FIRST gun, she was delayed. It ended up being 30 days. As I recall she had to go down to the courthouse and spoke to a lady that searched for a record/reason for the delay. IN THE END, what held her up for the purchase, was something from 30 YEARS PRIOR! She was 19, in a car with a couple or three other kids, and one of the boys had a wrist rocket and was shooting mail boxes and had interaction with Portland Police. Nothing came of it. No charges. Parents notified. No official punishment/fines. Lessons learned. Her name on that little, thirty year old report, got her delayed! How in the EFF'S sake did the contact with police for this nut job not end up on any record?
Honest people get delayed all the time because of having a name similar, or a same last name, as a criminal.
Scenario: Police are called to a house. Names, address and situation are in a report. After the police contact and info written down report is filed. In a week or 30 years, that name date and situation is there as public record.
"Red Flag Laws" my bubblegum! Too bad no one as asking the real important question of why this kids last name wasn't in the database?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top