JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look at me being all bad at geography and such thinking that Highland Park was in Illinois and not Washington :oops:
Look at you being all bad at understanding ideology and not inferring that the reasons specific details are left out of news reporting in one area also a reason they could be left out in another area.

Look at you being all bad at understanding ideology and not inferring that the reasons specific details are left out of news reporting in one area also a reason they could be left out in another area.
Nah, I actually understand the real reason (read that "non talk radio" theory ;) ) behind the decision, but this thread is already way off track and introducing a non-firearm political side topic only increases the chances of thread lock

Nah, I actually understand the real reason (read that "non talk radio" theory ;) ) behind the decision, but this thread is already way off track and introducing a non-firearm political side topic only increases the chances of thread lock
Armed robbery suspect, be on the look out for a male in a blue sweatshirt…

Armed robbery suspect, be on the look out for a male in jeans…

What do you believe the purpose of that type of censorship is?

Did the "ordinance" expire or something? :rolleyes:

The toll in this wealthy, liberal Chicago suburb: Six dead, at least 30 wounded and the realization that no city or town is immune to the gun violence rocking America.
Mayor Nancy Rotering signed a city ordinance banning assault weapons almost a decade ago. The Supreme Court later declined to hear an appeal seeking to overturn the ordinance. Rotering said she did not know details on how the alleged shooter obtained the high-powered rifle used in the assault, but she said he did so legally.

My two take aways.

I was at a similar parade. I wasn't even contemplating anything happening. It was super busy and there where tons of kids. I was more focused on ensuring my kid was enjoying himself. He did and it was a really nice parade.

This came out of no where. If this happened at the Hillsboro parade, the panic and shear terror inflicted would likely be just as lethal as a few thousand were in attendance. People would be running nuts, stampeding over anything or anyone. That's it though, you really only have 2 choices, sit still and find cover or run. Not exactly like you could return fire or anything like that.

Sad, scar placed on the day of freedom and coming together as Americans.

Read this article on the Durden Dispatch i saw this morning.

oFSy0_qL_normal.jpg
Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray

I think Robert Crimo is a psycho. Planned it all out to look like he's both a Trump supporter and a Biden supporter. Perhaps a true accelerationist. He's got everyone squabbling over his politics but at the end of the day he killed innocents and represents no one but himself.

5:35 PM · Jul 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Planned it all out to look like he's both a Trump supporter and a Biden supporter. Perhaps a true accelerationist. He's got everyone squabbling over his politics but at the end of the day he killed innocents and represents no one but himself.
Obviously, both sides are going to try and spin the tragedy according to their own agendas, but personally, I highly doubt it was at all politically motivated. It's not always about them.

IMHO, it's just one more wishy-washy F'ed up youth acting purely on his own personal delusions of grandeur. Many have no idea how to cope with reality and fulfill their entitlement based expectations. Being immortalized in history, at any cost, may seem to some as a valid option and vindication of a perceived failed state of life.

Last Edited:
Obviously, both sides are going to try and spin the tragedy according to their own agendas, but personally, I highly doubt it was at all politically motivate. It's not always about them.

IMHO, it's just one more wishy-washy F'ed up youth acting purely on his own personal delusions of grandeur. Many have no idea how to cope with reality and fulfill their entitlement based expectations. Being immortalized in history, at any cost, may seem to some as a valid option and vidication of a perceived failed state of life.
Totally agree. Looking at his videos etc seems to me he is a loner and extreme introvert with an inner war going on in his mind.

I watch too much TV.

I have an unrealistic expectation that the police use secret service-style tactics to defend large groups of people at public events. Snipers on the roof along the parade route. Plainclothes officers in the crowd.

Obviously, both sides are going to try and spin the tragedy according to their own agendas, but personally, I highly doubt it was at all politically motivated. It's not always about them.
It is always about them. They are always the real victims of tragedies like this. You can just smell the narcissism.

If you run a search there are reports that the Highland Park shooter had legally obtained the firearm, but there are other reports that Highland Park had an AWB prohibiting high capacity magazines? Oops! There are suspect reports that the rifle had a large capacity magazine, but not specified; and in addition, there are suspect reports that the shooter was a violent extremist. There are photos of his bizarre appearance. Time will tell if the truth emerges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top