Women's forum

Discussion in 'Women Shooters' started by Jeannie, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Jeannie

Jeannie
    Bellingham, WA

Hi, lady shooters! It's pretty cool that we have a nice little sub-forum!

Jeannie

2. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome Jeannie!

AMProducts and Jeannie like this.
  3. Wolf256

Wolf256
    Kitsap County WA
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Doesn't seem to be a lot of us women posting much. Hope that starts to change.

DLS, Alexx1401, Jeannie and 1 other person like this.
  4. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

Yep, not a lot of us around here.

Jeannie likes this.
  5. LethalLovebird

LethalLovebird
    Eugene

80-90% of my business is ladies. I teach ladies defensive handgun and self defense in the Eugene area. Why I like working with women is there's 0 ego and they are very supportive of each other. Many of the women I work with are survivors of DV, most will out shoot me very soon.

6. Wolf256

Wolf256
    Kitsap County WA

I was at my local range yesterday for about 3 hours. I saw four (five if I count the 8 yr old young lady shooting rifle) other women during that time. I'm always pleased when I can out shoot the guys. Yesterday I was playing with my 22. I haven't put very many rounds through it yet and I still have some adjustments to the sights. The guy next to me wasn't doing very well with his 40. I think he started trying a little more after I pulled out my 1911 and took out the red. I love my Sig 1911 Nickel (45 ACP). I practice with it often and carry it quite often.

7. LethalLovebird

LethalLovebird
    Eugene

Nice work!! Keep it up.

Wolf256 likes this.
  8. Cheez_Monkey

Cheez_Monkey
    Portland, OR

I posted as a new member. I got 2 replies, all the new guys get lots of replies. Don't feel too welcome!

Howard1955 and partsed like this.
  9. American123

American123
    Federal Way

A lot of us come here for information, you being welcome here goes without saying (at least from me anyway).

This is a great forum to learn and ask questions, the internet can of course provide a lot of info beyond this forum, but sometimes it is nice to here feedback from someone local on something you are seeking information on.

I’ve been conceal carrying for 7 years, shoot in local competitions at the range I attend and have taught/trained others how to become more competent shooters. I’m still working on my fiancé to carry regularly, I’ve got her into purse carry so far and weve been trying on body carry.

I started her out with rifles and a .22 LR BCG in the AR15. She loves going to the range together because I don’t treat her like a child, and I have effectively supported her, patiently and positively through her growth as a shooter.

If you have questions feel free to ask, but you are most definitely welcome here, as are all other freedom and second amendment loving folks, regardless of sex.

10. P7id10T

P7id10T
    Tetrachromatic
    Dysfunction Junction Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome @Cheez_Monkey and congratulations for resurrecting a zombie thread! :D
    Possibly the tepid response is due to your user name, as I vaguely recall not much response to my introductory post.
    Great community, lots of support, a plethora of knowledge, and people who are real, who you may actually get to meet.
    Not sure if I can post here, as I ticked the male box. [eta] well, that worked!

TeacherSmurf likes this.
  11. Cheez_Monkey

Cheez_Monkey
    Portland, OR

Why my user name?

12. Cheez_Monkey

Cheez_Monkey
    Portland, OR

And thank you!

13. P7id10T

P7id10T
    Tetrachromatic

Conjecture. Typically the noun monkey or in my case, idiot, when applied to people, is regarded as derogatory. Is there a tale behind your choice?

14. Cheez_Monkey

Cheez_Monkey
    Portland, OR

P7id10T likes this.
  15. P7id10T

P7id10T
    Tetrachromatic

Ah, a secret, properly redacted for public consumption! LOL

16. Cheez_Monkey

Cheez_Monkey
    Portland, OR

Wow, really? I like monkeys. And I love the smoking monkey pic. To me, it's just an animal, and a great one. And they are funny and intelligent. And it's a name I call MYSELF. The world, how it has changed

17. Cheez_Monkey

Cheez_Monkey
    Portland, OR

I was Dirty Harriet. I shed the tough girl name. That was also my humor showing.

partsed, Wolf256 and mkwerx like this.
  18. Wolf256

Wolf256
    Kitsap County WA

I think most of us just grin and bear it in the main sections. Not a lot of females here. It can be more informative and actually a little fun having to remind the regulars that you’re a female. Only gripe is grips. Finding a firearm that fits can be challenging, but when you find one you get to refer all the guy’s wives to it :p:D.

TeacherSmurf likes this.
  19. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground

Check back, there are lot more now ... I think is was just a matter of timing.

EPS likes this.
  20. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

Lol I don't even look at the knew member fourum all the time maybe once a month . welcome to the site there is a few women here they just don't post alot . like you they probably don't feel welcome but as for me that's not true you just have to jump in and get in the conversation . like Teacher Smurf and NWGLOCK GIRL .