Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Women, shooting, and our future

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Goosebrown, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

NWGlockgal and 41Slinger like this.
  2. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

My first wife I never trained to shoot, for several good reasons. My second and final wife, I will when she is ready.

Brutus out

Goosebrown likes this.
  3. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Married 41 years, I've tried, but wife has never shown interest until San Bernardino. I think maybe like a lot of the rest of the country, people are starting to see that it's not just tin foil hats.

gundog10 likes this.
  4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Elma, WA Well-Known Member

You can only stick your head in the sand so many times until you get your @$$ whooped.

5. Goosebrown

Good call. I am on my final wife just now.

6. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

My current, and only ever, wife gets irritated when I refer to her as my "first wife" in conversations with other people. Especially when she is standing there.

"My wife complains too much....."

"Really? My first wife did the same thing!"

transittech, PaulB47 and 41Slinger like this.
  7. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Wife used to shoot, and has her own little J-frame Smith. But it's not something she cares a lot for; she rarely practices. I guess she figures I will shoot whomever needs shooting!

But yeah, gun control is dead, except as a fantasy among the ruling class. The gun banners are losing much of their previous constituency. People don't like being defenseless - imagine that! It's hard to argue against "When seconds count, a cop is only minutes away."

gundog10 likes this.
  8. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

"Women" and shooting/freedom.
    It's really interesting how many/most "free thinkers" essentially sanction the wholesale brutal enslavement and murder of everything that breathes over yonder, with their vote here.. but then of course pimp some stupid shoes, the children, their pocketbook, yadda.
    "It" is beyond cheap talk and begs and sickens

9. gundog10

gundog10 Member

Married 41 years and have owned guns all my life (well mostly 13 and up) and my wife had shot a few times with me outside of work but never showed much interest in having her own. That was until about five years ago (at the time we lived in Stockton ca) when there were a rash of break ins with assaults close to where we lives. Honey! I wan't my own CCW and off we went. She currently has an XD-40, Ruger SR9 (pink lady), and a Ruger 22mag and carries each depending where we are going. About a week ago I received a package in the mail with an AR-15 upper (magpul addition) inside. I handed it to her and her response was "this is nice" will you build me an AR? I am a happy man but dang I wanted that upper for me:)

10. Certaindeaf

Precious! How does she vote/view the abused sisters yonder? please don't ban me

11. No_Regerts

You crack me up!

12. Certaindeaf

Well I was trying to kinda shine a light. you know. but I believe what I said is the thing at issue.. after a fashion

13. Certaindeaf

Oh, and no one would appreciate an abbreviated cutnpaste such as you just did. You cut like three whole words but didn't attest to that/show your underhandedness . Do not do that. please

14. No_Regerts

I see what you did there.

15. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

As the male gender is eroded by the Left and single women who have historically relied upon Big .Gov to provide services what in the past, has been the husband's responsibility to provide, realize the Big Bro has sold them for slaughter the number of armed women will (necessarily)continue to sky rocket;)

16. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

HEY
    Where does Bruce Jender fit in this movement??????? . . . HHHHmmmmmmmm!?!?

Sheldon

17. Goosebrown

As far as I know he has a gun at this time.

18. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Actually, I think SHE may have "TWO" guns . . . .

Sheldon

19. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

My wife grew up in small town ohio on a farm. Here dad would hunt racoons to sell the pelts for Christmas money.
    Any way she isn't a big gun person, too far removed from her roots. So I decided to buy her a gift card for a gun class for christmas so she can learn to shoot my pistols and be confident if I'm not home using the handguns.
    She was actually kind of excited for it. Something we can do together. And give me peace of mind if I'm away.

41Slinger and Goosebrown like this.