JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you think that working a checkpoint is the equivilent of the skills required in a combat infantry unit that is engaged then all I can say is, "God Help Us."

letting women into combat roles has been long overdue. i'm all for it. the only thing that had better remain the same are the physical requirements. they better not water it down.

Of course they are going to water it down. Fire and police were not getting enough women who could make the cut, so they "relaxed' the physical requirements for them. Likewise, the military will do the same. Facts don't matter. That is the PC world we live in.

On a different note...I wish they would allow older guys like me into the military.
We could serve in various positions that our experience would excel in.
Not everybody in the military needs to run an obstacle course in under 5 minutes.

If they relax the standards for women - and they will - then why not for us old farts?

The biggest problem I see is when on the news you see an American woman drug thru the streets and beheaded in some foreign country. This is not going to go well and I see way to many problems arising from this. I am not sexist at all but woman should be careful for what they wish for.

You are so RIGHT!!! They are already driving Semi Trucks, working construction, heavy labor type jobs and joining the military. If they want to do it, FINE let them. I just do not want to hear any un-do fussing or whining when things don't work out the way they think it should.

Everyone has the right to do what ever they want. With that being said NOT everything is going to be beneficial for them just because they have the right to do it. Example, if you have a bad back and you say you have the right to light that heavy item then I do not want to hear cry when your back goes out.

Maybe some of you who doubt female stamina and strength have not been watching Survivor or Big Brother for the last ten years. Every time a stamina competition comes up that involves the ability to endure pain and persevere it is almost always women in the final two. And as far as hand to hand combat goes? Seriously? There is a reason there is no bayonet on their rifles anymore.

The sad thing is that the thing females in combat will have to fear more than anything may be their brothers in arms. Rape in the military is a serious problem, even within the confines of well protected bases. I hate to say it, but if my daughter went into the army I would be more worried about the men around her than the enemy. I am ex-military and know two women who were gang raped by their fellow soldiers.

Some of the best ( and worst ) soldiers I knew in the Army were women. Of course a lot of them were bull dyke lesbians too but thats cool now too. Good for them. If they can pass the same ( easy ) physical requirements that men do they can do the same jobs as far as I'm concerned. Many of them can.

My ex wife is former IDF and she could certainly take on a tribe of Taliban on her own and they'd go back home crying to their mommies when the battle was over.

Maybe some of you who doubt female stamina and strength have not been watching Survivor or Big Brother for the last ten years. Every time a stamina competition comes up that involves the ability to endure pain and persevere it is almost always women in the final two. And as far as hand to hand combat goes? Seriously? There is a reason there is no bayonet on their rifles anymore.

The sad thing is that the thing females in combat will have to fear more than anything may be their brothers in arms. Rape in the military is a serious problem, even within the confines of well protected bases. I hate to say it, but if my daughter went into the army I would be more worried about the men around her than the enemy. I am ex-military and know two women who were gang raped by their fellow soldiers.

Did you seriously just compare the day-in, and day-out physical streesors of being in combat with being on a reality TV show? You know TV programs are not real life right? You know that after those "challenges" they go rack out and have decent meals, and don't have to carry their food and water on their backs for days or weeks on end right? And you also know that on reality TV the "last 2" standing is based on what will produce the best ratings - something that is irrelevant in combat, and not "stamina."

Further to all who keep reminding everyone that woman have been involved in combat for years already - that is not the change being discussed. Woman have not been "allowed" in combat arms jobs in the past - period! Being a gunner on a truck and being ambushed does not make one a combat arms soldier. The job of being a soldier in a light infantry unit is so much more complex than riding around in a truck out side the wire. Because one has been done for sometime does mean the other will be a success.

I assure you, that anyone who understand the disparity between military PT standards for males and females can attest that reacting to an ambush as a gunner on a supply convoy does not mean that females will also be successful living on a re-trans site or satellite COP for months on end and conducting dismounted patrols at 15,000 ft elevation carrying a M-249, or M-240, squad issued equipment, demo, NVGs, breach kit, spare ammo, spare barrels, spare batteries, body armor, food, water, comms equipment, personal comfort items and so on.

This is nothing more than a politically correct way of ignoring the fact that males and females are different in an effort to coddle and avoid hurt feelings. This is a sure fire way to cause the unnecessary deaths of any female who misunderstands the job of being in the Infantry to the point that she thinks she can do it. I understand there are examples of woman in the past (VERY few) who have been effective in combat, but I can also show you a video of squirrel that can water ski - that does not mean we can expect any or all squirrels to do it. The difference being if the rodent can't water ski, we can all say "oh how cute, nice effort though" where in this situation failures will result in coffins coming home draped in flags.

Lastly - if equality is the goal, where are all the woman fighting to have their PT test graded the same as mine as opposed to their current unequal (but beneficial) standard?

That is exactly what I worry about, fan. My granddaughter is a Navy Corpsman and that crap happens all too often, in all the services.

I knew women in the Army and now who can and could run circles around me when I was in my prime and who could handily knock out more pushups and situps than I ever could. Even fat worthless chunks of sh!t could pass the mens PT test. The regular PT test for women is for the file clerks and girls working in the post office and the mess hall. The ones who want to train with the boys will train with the boys and if they want to be in combat in a combat role they will do it.

Sometimes I wish I had a daughter cause if I did nothing would stop her @ss. Crappy genes. All I get is boys.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top