JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What gets me about this story is that the woman defended her life and yet the police still say that charges are up to the Prosecutor. Perhaps they'll get her for not having a permit to use that pistol?

That and the deceased is described as, "very family oriented." I guess his father needed something nice to say about his dead thug son.

<broken link removed>

Actually, there are a number of questions that the DA can ask, that will determine the fate of charges. As I say this, don't miss understand, I applaud the woman.
1. Where was the boy shot? In the back? In the front? In the side?
2. Did the gun go off in the struggle? Or after the woman gained control?
3. What happened after the woman gained control of the weapon? Did the attacker continue the attack? Did he run?
4. Frame of mind at the time?
5. Was the woman in fear for her life? (this is a big one in CA)
There are other like minded questions that could be asked.

Interesting quotes from the story:
“Last night, I heard gunshots,” said neighbor Patricia Woolheater. “I wasn't sure how far away it was from my house. I was afraid for my life.”

And: “It makes me want to go out and buy a gun and protect myself,” said Munhall resident Michael Orr.

Yup. I've had both those feelings in the past, glad I decided to follow through, buy a gun, get training and carry myself.

Makes me wonder what the Fathers other six kids are like....:(

To be fair, one can't and probably shouldn't make any assumptions. As someone who's got extended families with large numbers of kids and someone with friends and coworkers that come from larger families, it seems it's often very likely that there's one one or two that could be called bad ones.

Have a cousin who became a convicted felon by the time he was 16, but his 4 brothers and sisters have maybe 2 speeding tickets between all of them, and no other run-ins with the law.

Quote:
the deceased is described as, "very family oriented."

Aren't they all ;) ...

Keith

I was just going to post that.

Bad guys re family oriented too.They just have a twisted idea of how to feed the family.

Raftman,that's not a very good argument to me.
I too have been around large families.If you can't take care of all the kids,and teach ALL of them right from wrong,don't have so many kids.

The way I would put it is there is always one who was lost in the group and didn't get enough attention,so the child acts out to get attention.

I have also seen big families that all the kids were pretty dang good too.

The saying goes,if you can't feed them don't breed them.
Same goes for teaching right from wrong.
You go out and work 4 jobs to feed all your kids,and pay the price with a couple bad ones.

I too have been around large families.If you can't take care of all the kids,and teach ALL of them right from wrong,don't have so many kids.

The way I would put it is there is always one who was lost in the group and didn't get enough attention,so the child acts out to get attention.

I have also seen big families that all the kids were pretty dang good too.

The saying goes,if you can't feed them don't breed them.
Same goes for teaching right from wrong.
You go out and work 4 jobs to feed all your kids,and pay the price with a couple bad ones.

I don't think any of that is actually relevant though. My point was that one bad kid doesn't mean the rest or even any of the others are bad. That is, you shouldn't make any assumptions about the other 6 based on 1 bad one. You posed your explanation as to why it happens that one or two of several are bad, but my point was simply that it does happen, without speculating on the causes.

Obviously the father didnt have a clue what his son was doing. I dont think that my son at age 17 would be out on the streets at 12:15am.

Obviously the father didn't have a clue what his son was doing. I dont think that my son at age 17 would be out on the streets at 12:15am.

That! heck my 19yo calls if he's going to miss dinner. :p I'm not over protective he is just respectful.

I do agree with Raftman, one bad seed doesn't reflect on the rest.

Did anyone notice the other story linked on the same page...

<broken link removed>

Just another example of why a person should have the right to protect themselves.

Interesting that the article noted the robber robbed a gas station after the first robbery went amuck. Illustrates how thieves will keep going onto the next robbery, murder, etc. until they are stopped.

Kind of makes one think that looking the other way isn't always a good idea as you may be the next one...or maybe that was just from the movie Spiderman :)

Did anyone notice the other story linked on the same page...

<broken link removed>

Just another example of why a person should have the right to protect themselves.

Interesting that the article noted the robber robbed a gas station after the first robbery went amuck. Illustrates how thieves will keep going onto the next robbery, murder, etc. until they are stopped.

Kind of makes one think that looking the other way isn't always a good idea as you may be the next one...or maybe that was just from the movie Spiderman :)

THAT BG got away and was so traumatized that he robbed a gas station later that night and was just out of jail for robbery with a knife. Unbelievable. He needs to go away for all day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top