JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Her: Don't bring that in my house it's dangerous.
Him: No honey, it's safe if you use some common sense.
Her: No it isn't, watch.....BOOM!
Her: See?

shots+fired+mug.jpg

<broken link removed>

ALOHA, Ore. -- Authorities say an Oregon woman fired a shotgun inside her home during an alcohol-fueled argument over gun control.

Washington County Sheriff's Office Lt. Bob Ray says no one was hurt but a neighbor's nearby house was damaged.

Officials say Susan Fleming argued with her 55-year-old boyfriend Friday night after learning he had brought his loaded 12-gauge shotgun into their Aloha home. Part of the argument included a discussion on gun safety, including how to properly handle a loaded firearm.

Police say Fleming intentionally fired the shotgun and blew out a hole in a wall about the size of a softball. They say she wasn't trying to shoot her boyfriend, who was in the room.

Fleming was jailed on several charges, including unlawful use of a weapon and menacing.

Guess she showed him. Didn't impress the cops though, or the neighbors.

shots+fired+mug.jpg

This happened a few blocks from me. It doesn't help my ongoing discussion with my bride about how many responsible gun owners there are compared to the number of blotto harridans.

You just can't make this stuff up! Aloha is an interesting part of Washington County, on one street you have people doing stupid things like this. The next block over and it's a totally different world.

Do you think she will have to have one of those alco-check breathalyzers attached to the trigger while on probation? Maybe she should have to attend a 12 step gun safety and control course. I wonder if you can get one of those sobriety coins for so many years of safe and sober shooting? :drunk:

Ho-lee-carp.

This is right up there with the redneck mantra 'hey guys, watch this'. Double dumbarse on the boyfriend who let his drunk nutball even near the weapon without securing it.

And; of course it isn't safe when you pull the trigger, you ninny!

If you think about it, she disproved her own theory. Boyfriend after she shot: "See, guns are safe! You just shot in a 150 sq ft room and no one was killed/injured."
Cops show up.
"You see, what had happened was..."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews