JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, just wow.
Tremendous courage and trust in the power of God (compassion).

This woman was going through a serious low in her life, used her courage to suffer and live, connected with the suffering of the shooter and gave him the courage to lay down arms to live as well.

In the process she saved many lives that day. She behaved like a true Saint!

Of course, this kind of thing probably wouldn't have happened in Canada where they devised a way to keep people on their meds!...

"Today, NBC reports that (the potential shooter) Hill's mother died and that he'd stopped taking his medicine because his Medicaid expired. CBS adds that Hill pleaded guilty to threatening to kill his brother earlier this year."

Good on her. But I'm a poor speaker.

I'd feel better with my Glock pointed at his head while I was ''Talking him down''. :s0092:
You know. Just in case?

It just seams shaky to me to try and go all rational on an irrational person with a gun on me?

I put more faith in his looking down a barrel of my gun to get him thinking about an outcome he did not envision. ;)

But you try the talking thing.
Just remember many have begged for there life. Or tried to sympathies with there attacker.

Most times they don't live to tell the story!

Thats some serious bravery.

And the fact another school shooting was avoided is a miracle. Im glad her words got through to him, in most cases when dealing with bipolar or schizophrenic individuals coming OFF their medication their symptoms increase greatly.. The fact he heard her words, understood and empathized wth her means part of his brain was still open to suggestion.

Had he been further coerced by a negative source (especially with his mental condition) such as internet trash talking/bullying or media violence glorification perhaps this same story would have drastically gone another way.

Thats some serious bravery.

And the fact another school shooting was avoided is a miracle. Im glad her words got through to him, in most cases when dealing with bipolar or schizophrenic individuals coming OFF their medication their symptoms increase greatly.. The fact he heard her words, understood and empathized wth her means part of his brain was still open to suggestion.

Had he been further coerced by a negative source (especially with his mental condition) such as internet trash talking/bullying or media violence glorification perhaps this same story would have drastically gone another way.

You never really know what is going through another man mind. And that's fine.
But when he pulls a gun. It starts to get a lot clearer.

At that point I'm good to let him know how I feel.

She definitely saved many lives that day. I was trying to remember this but couldn't. Now I know why.....Its from 2013. He ended up getting 20 years for it.

*Edit* ...and so is the original post :oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads