Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Woman Talks Down active Shooter

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by MikeE, Aug 22, 2013.

1. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

RicInOR and Sgt Nambu like this.
  2. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

A smart and brave woman.

Slobray and Sgt Nambu like this.
  3. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Props to Ms Tuff. Her courage and common sense is a great example for cops to follow.

Slobray and Sgt Nambu like this.
  4. Ed69

Ed69 OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow, just wow.
    Tremendous courage and trust in the power of God (compassion).

This woman was going through a serious low in her life, used her courage to suffer and live, connected with the suffering of the shooter and gave him the courage to lay down arms to live as well.

In the process she saved many lives that day. She behaved like a true Saint!

Of course, this kind of thing probably wouldn't have happened in Canada where they devised a way to keep people on their meds!...

"Today, NBC reports that (the potential shooter) Hill's mother died and that he'd stopped taking his medicine because his Medicaid expired. CBS adds that Hill pleaded guilty to threatening to kill his brother earlier this year."

coyotecaller and MikeE like this.
  5. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Good on her. But I'm a poor speaker.

I'd feel better with my Glock pointed at his head while I was ''Talking him down''. :s0092:
    You know. Just in case?

It just seams shaky to me to try and go all rational on an irrational person with a gun on me?

I put more faith in his looking down a barrel of my gun to get him thinking about an outcome he did not envision. ;)

But you try the talking thing.
    Just remember many have begged for there life. Or tried to sympathies with there attacker.

Most times they don't live to tell the story!

Slobray and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Thats some serious bravery.

And the fact another school shooting was avoided is a miracle. Im glad her words got through to him, in most cases when dealing with bipolar or schizophrenic individuals coming OFF their medication their symptoms increase greatly.. The fact he heard her words, understood and empathized wth her means part of his brain was still open to suggestion.

Had he been further coerced by a negative source (especially with his mental condition) such as internet trash talking/bullying or media violence glorification perhaps this same story would have drastically gone another way.

MikeE and Medic! like this.
  7. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

You never really know what is going through another man mind. And that's fine.
    But when he pulls a gun. It starts to get a lot clearer.

At that point I'm good to let him know how I feel.

Slobray and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  8. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Wow, what a woman!

9. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

She definitely saved many lives that day. I was trying to remember this but couldn't. Now I know why.....Its from 2013. He ended up getting 20 years for it.

*Edit* ...and so is the original post :oops:

Slobray likes this.