Woman pulls gun on mother and daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
I saw a different video. Here's my interpretation. In short, I'd say no charges for the white woman, and criminal charges of unlawful imprisonment and assault by the blacks involved.

Well, let's see. These SEVERAL overly hostile blacks are impeding, harassing, and instigating, and creating a unlawful imprisonment situation by blocking the car. And clearly trying to create a situation b/c they're all recording it. So their goal is plainly to stir up something. The white woman appears to be pregnant. The white woman was nice and police and even apologized as they tried to leave. Is the threat of lethal force justified? It's a tough call but at that point she might have reasonably felt fear for her life or her presumed babies life with these hostile aggressors. You also have multiple people working in tandem as aggressors, and IMO a mob of people IS a lethal weapon.

I don't think the white girl handled it perfectly, and they should have just left. If these blacks purposefully blocked them in, that's false imprisonment and a felony, and I'd have just acted in self defense with the vehicle and called the police and reported it.

I don't think any charges against the whites are correct, however. The woman was clearly afraid at that point. I would in fact charge the blacks with various crimes here, such as unlawful imprisonment and assault. In Michigan, I think where this occurred, that's a serious felony punishable by up to 15 years and $20,000 fine. Assault is a misdemeanor.

Reactions
I'd have just acted in self defense with the vehicle and called the police and reported it.
I'd love to see some actual legal analysis of this, because if it's legally defensible I love the ease out and drive away while talking to 911 option. Making space between myself and a bad situation that's getting worse is always a nice option.

Reactions
Absolutely crazy.

This woman who pulled the gun and her husband are both going to jail on felony charges and will never be able to own guns again. If there would have been a good guy with a gun there, she probably would have been shot—and that would have been a rightous shoot. Embarassing and dangerous gun ownership on display for the whole country.

If your worldview holds an unarmed black woman and her daughter getting in a verbal altercation as a reasonable threat or fearing for your life, you need serious amounts of therapy and probably shouldn't own guns.
Let me see if I understand; unreasonably hostile and angry people can impede you, block you, get in your face and scream racist epithets, bang on your car, box you in so you can't leave, etc. These hostile black women in this video committed several felonies and misdemeanors including "hate crimes (I seem to recall some threats and race name calling but I can't recall)," absolutely created unlawful imprisonment, and absolutely assault this white family as they tried to peacefully and apologetically leave. I guess white people no longer have rights and must bow to angry mobs of blacks these days? Baloney.

Reactions
I haven't seen those videos but of course I agree if those are the videos one is watching. I that is a good point.

That said, if watching those videos puts you on edge, imagine being a Black person in America.

Imagine being a Black woman who's a new gun owner, eyes recently open to the necessity of our 2A rights, and she pops into this thread where there is 7 pages of folks mostly justifying why someone pulled her gun on an unarmed Black woman and her child.

If you want to talk about being on edge, really truly imagine what that would feel like if you were in their shoes.
Sorry, but you're entirely manipulating the facts to suit your narrative. This wasn't some peaceful black woman with her juvenile child. These were unreasonably hostile, angry, THREATENING adults who were committing assaults and felonious unlawful detentions of two completely innocent white people attempting to apologetically and peacefully LEAVE. Also note, as others state, this was a baited attempt to create drama given at least two of the instigators (committing crimes) were recording the event.

If you feel the need to materially twist the facts, you probably should re-weigh your position.

Reactions
I'd love to see some actual legal analysis of this, because if it's legally defensible I love the ease out and drive away while talking to 911 option. Making space between myself and a bad situation that's getting worse is always a nice option.
Be the first to call 911.

These whites should have been on the phone with 911 and hitting record on a video camera. I think that's the lesson here. Get 911 on the line, and start recording. Also, get car video cameras installed.

Officer, I'm the victim of a hate crime, I'm being harassed and threatened by multiple black people who have encircled my vehicle and screaming threats at me, and they've blocked me in and I'm in fear of my life because they are unlawfully detaining me from leaving the area. I've seen videos of whites being drug out of vehicles and beaten, and even seen whites get shot in their cars....

I believe you need to act reasonably, but I think few people would not be afraid of violence in this situation. Unhinged lunatics encircling you and making threatening statements and gestures, and COMMITTING CRIMES including felonies...

Reactions
I believe I would omit the racial specifics until asked on the 911 call. Other than that, I like your plan in theory.
Agreed -- the mere act of calling 911 is considered a racist attempt to get people killed. Reference, Amy Cooper in NYC. Throwing in color would make it worse (not legally, but from the lose-your-job from twitter mob perspective).

Reactions
They were being baited to react, and in my opinion, pulling the gun out was the worst thing they could do. Nothing in the video suggests that their lives were in danger. Assuming the "bump" was accidental, white family seemed to be the victim, until the lady pulled out the gun.

Granted, black family just kept yelling & shouting verbal attacks, but you have to realize that they are just trying to get a rise out of you. Attack on the vehicle was unfortunate, but this is the political & social climate medias & our leaders have put us in. I feel like all you could have done in that situation was call 911.

Reactions

A quick review. (I'm using race and sex purely to identify parties)
3 Black women harassing and with threatening tone and posture a pregnant white woman.
Black woman 1 directly impedes pregnant white woman from entering her car. That's probably some sort of a crime, maybe misdemeanor assault or maybe a felony unlawful detention or other creative charge.
Black woman 1 threatens physical assault on white man.
Both women clearly antagonizing the man, shouting "Do something, I dare you..." Clearly THEY are trying to instigate something, including false accusations of being 'ignorant and racist' sans any evidence; and the man doesn't fall for it.
Multiple misdemeanor assaults by these black women, making threats and creating apprehension for violence (recall, the threat to beat up the white man just moments before).
White woman tries to be rational and de-escalate and even apologized.
Then the two of the black women purposefully walk behind the van as the white couple try to leave, for a second time unlawfully detaining them with a goal to prevent their exit and instigate.
Then one of the black women beats on the van for no apparent justifiable reason, possibly doing property damage which might be a misdemeanor.

These white folks apparently did nothing to instigate any of this and they are the victims here. Period.

I'm not saying it was a good idea to draw the gun. I outlined earlier that I'd just have called the cops and turned on the camera myself, and filed criminal complaints against them.

Reactions
Or that anti-carjacking flamethrower thingy invented by the dude from Australia that someone posted a few days back. That would be EPIC! :s0140:
S. Africa. I posted. ;-)

Edit -- the thing about electric fencing is that it is merely painful and some warning signs would make it clear to stay back, so not a secret trap. After that, if someone gets zapped -- their problem. (although honestly, I fear even that would be illegal)

Reactions
Not so much us no longer having rights but those rights are not supported and quite obviously as of late no longer legally protected if violated.
The current moral panic, where white people are presumed born racist and whiteness treated like original sin, is going to set equality back decades. The so-called anti-racists are forcing people into doing things they wouldn't otherwise have ever though about, like avoidance to mitigate the risk of ending up the target of a social media mob. It's an exceptionally sad state of affairs.

Reactions
Agreed -- the mere act of calling 911 is considered a racist attempt to get people killed. Reference, Amy Cooper in NYC. Throwing in color would make it worse (not legally, but from the lose-your-job from twitter mob perspective).
Yep, calling 911 on a Black person is against the law in Oregon.

I still do not know why the husband was arrested.

Oh, and yes, he was fired from his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Gordon is a great guy, highly recommend doing business with him.
    • NWGN
  • Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Have done several transfers through this shop. All were pleasant experiences. Folks were friendly and pleasant, prices were fair. I wouldn't...
  • Gorge Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Good little shop. Have transferred numerous pieces here and it's always been pain free. My only little gripe is limited hours (currently not...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place to pickup from sites like Davidson's. Low fees. Friendly folks.
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    This has been my go to for all transfers. Peter, the two Jasons and Joe have always been very professional and accommodating. The transfer...
Top Bottom