Woman pulls gun on mother and daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
As more people feel emboldened to instigate incidents such as this, eventually someone will get shot/killed in what the shooter will describe as a defense of their life.
People have already died. Remember Navy Vet Jason Washington in Portland two years ago? He took his drunk friend's CHL piece and was just trying to get them away from a confrontation. The SJW mob pursued them two blocks onto the PSU campus and a Black teen stuck camera phone his friend's face. A melee ensued, the pistol hit the sidewalk, and the campus cops showed up just in time to shoot Jason dead as he picked it up the pistol by the holster. I was blaming the police big time for that shooting until I saw the body cam where an SJW who looked like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo tell the cops that Jason had pointed the gun at them. No charges for the SJW instigators or Shaggy the liar.

Reactions
People have already died. Remember Navy Vet Jason Washington in Portland two years ago? He took his drunk friend's CHL piece and was just trying to get them away from a confrontation. The SJW mob pursued them two blocks onto the PSU campus and a Black teen stuck camera phone his friend's face. A melee ensued, the pistol hit the sidewalk, and the campus cops showed up just in time to shoot Jason dead as he picked it up the pistol by the holster. I was blaming the police big time for that shooting until I saw the body cam where an SJW who looked like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo tell the cops that Jason had pointed the gun at them. No charges for the SJW instigators or Shaggy the liar.
The enemy is not opposed to using lies and misinformation to achieve their goals.

Wombat of Doom

Reactions
The entire part is not shown in that video that shows what happened prior to the drawing of said weapon. IMO, that is where any judgment would be made and I can't see it. Ergo, I would withhold judgment entirely. However, I wonder if that was entirely the point of the shaky cam going off the participants, knowing that some form of physical provocation would occur. I also am not going to let myself get hit in the head again. Period.

Last edited:
The video in the OP is the longest one available. It picks up right after the brush-up at the restaurant doorway, about a minute and a half before the gun is produced.

Reactions
The video in the OP is the longest one available. It picks up right after the brush-up at the restaurant doorway, about a minute and a half before the gun is produced.
In the short time period where the phone is fumbled, it’s possible a strike took place, but from what I observed so far, it didn’t seem like it. The facts will of course come out in any discovery.

What is sadly tragic in this whole encounter is that it could/should have been diffused at the very outset when Ms. Wuestenberg brushed/bumped into the 15 yoa daughter of Ms. Hill. A simple and sincere apology by Ms. Wuestenberg at that point would likely have made moot the pain and financial suffering the Wuestenbergs are about to experience. It is good manners to apologize, and even just a simple "Excuse me" should suffice. From the article, it appears that Ms. Wuestenberg was either unable or unwilling to reach into herself for that minuscule effort. Her poor manners are going to cost this couple plenty in the coming months...
While I agree with what your saying, it’s all based upon the assumption that Ms. Wuestenberg is the bump-er... She may have been the bump-ee.... Indeed I’ve dealt with a 15 y/o who thought she was entitled until we got things set straight. It amazes me the lack of courtesy and manners the younger generations are capable of exhibiting.

Having said that, Ms. Wuestenberg should have been the bigger person, dug deep and apologized. Pardon me. Excuse me. Sorry. Not that difficult to say.

She did indeed violate my #1 rule when carrying, that’s to be the most humble individual in the situation. Not being a doormat either, but to be wise enough to not make something so stupid the hill to die on...

Last edited:
Reactions
There's a lot missing from the video...particularly what went down in the five minutes prior to this and exactly what was going on at the back of the vehicle. It seems like the African American woman banged on the SUV. But did she cause damage and did she start getting physical?

Overall it seems like the white couple were somewhat more reasonable than the other two. At one point you even hear the white woman give an apology of sorts and say that she cares about the black people. But it's a really incomplete picture.

That said, I think the woman drawing her gun was an overreaction. But again, without knowing exactly what went on there it's hard to say for certain.

Kinda interesting that the key part is missing. Wonder if that was done deliberately. :rolleyes:

Also note that people are getting really fed up with all the accusations of racism. The left has made this their tool to club and silence anyone who doesn't agree with them and many people have jumped on the bandwagon and used it if they can gain and advantage by doing so. This will not end well for so many reasons. Not the least of which is that it tends to dilute the instances of real racism. If you keep crying wolf when the wolf isn't there, pretty soon nobody will believe you when the wolf really is there.

This is also a really good lesson for anyone who carries. This will likely be an expensive situation for the couple to get out of. And they could easily lose their gun rights over this. Make absolutely sure it's a life or death situation before you draw your weapon. And as short tempered as everyone is getting, it is often best to simply walk away.

Last edited:
Reactions
There's a lot missing from the video...particularly what went down in the five minutes prior to this and exactly what was going on at the back of the vehicle. It seems like the African American woman banged on the SUV. But did she cause damage and did she start getting physical?

Overall it seems like the white couple were somewhat more reasonable than the other two. At one point you even hear the white woman give an apology of sorts and say that she cares about the black people. But it's a really incomplete picture.

That said, I think the woman drawing her gun was an overreaction. But again, without knowing exactly what went on there it's hard to say for certain.

Kinda interesting that the key part is missing. Wonder if that was done deliberately. :rolleyes:

Also note that people are getting really fed up with all the accusations of racism. The left has made this their tool to club and silence anyone who doesn't agree with them and many people have jumped on the bandwagon and used it if they can gain and advantage by doing so. This will not end well for so many reasons. Not the least of which is that it tends to dilute the instances of real racism. If you keep crying wolf when the wolf isn't there, pretty soon nobody will believe you when the wolf really is there.

This is also a really good lesson for anyone who carries. This will likely be an expensive situation for the couple to get out of. And they could easily lose their gun rights over this. Make absolutely sure it's a life or death situation before you draw your weapon. And as short tempered as everyone is getting, it is often best to simply walk away.
The words racist and racism are all but nearly meaningless now with how often. The are thrown around for the most mundane things.

Reactions
Regardless of how it got started, you never engage the trolls. De-escalate and leave. The trolls were unarmed so no reason to pull a gun on 'em, the lady with a gun was standing too close. There was no threat, she just got frustrated with the trolls and wanted to go home, i get that. In her defence, i think the troll walked behind the car on purpose to slow them down/annoy (power excercise), you know the kind of crap kids do when they dont get their way? Reason why i say that is because I assume the trolls were together but went separate directions, maybe I'm wrong.

Bottom line, the law is with the trolls on this one.

nwslopoke

Reactions
When a family member is in potential harms way, the first instinct should be to get them away. If it's with a stranger, you'll never see them again. Move on. No need to argue.

If the other person is an idiot, all the better reason to move on. You will never enlighten them in 100 years let alone 3 mins of arguments.

Reactions
Gangsta parking??? And here all this time I thought it was called combat parking... o_O
I've always found it funny to see cars parked like that, because you have take same actions for whichever way you park; drive forward and back out and reverse order. I call it "Heist Parking." I always say it when I see it: "oh crap, another heist in progress."

BUT . . . Heist parking makes way more sense for me now, because I look white.

Reactions
... the troll walked behind the car on purpose to slow them down/annoy (power excercise), you know the kind of crap kids do when they dont get their way? Reason why i say that is because I assume the trolls were together but went separate directions, maybe I'm wrong.
The mothership prevented the minivan pilots from leaving by standing in the way and beating on the rear window.

In my CHL course I was trained to never pull unless I've decided I have to shoot, and I believe that in the vast majority of cases that's the wise move. I don't think there was much good about this encounter, but I'm very curious about how serious an offence it is to prevent someone leaving, since leaving would be my preferred move.

Reactions
I've always found it funny to see cars parked like that, because you have take same actions for whichever way you park; drive forward and back out and reverse order. I call it "Heist Parking." I always say it when I see it: "oh crap, another heist in progress."

BUT . . . Heist parking makes way more sense for me now, because I look white.
UPS actually did a study (of course they did, they're UPS) and found that backing in is actually significantly safer. I read the study, and the reasons they gave after presenting the figures were essentially that to back in, one has an opportunity to survey the spot immediately prior, whereas backing out leaves a situation where the vehicle is entering the traffic flow with limited visibility.

Some parking facilities have rules about it though.

bbbass

Reactions
Tend to agree with that assessment.
White woman "lost it" under continuous barrage of harassment by black woman, but that is not an excuse for white woman to draw down on black woman.
Black woman had no weapon, there was no disparity of force, and no threat of imminent grievous bodily harm or death.

Would like to know what precipitated the entire encounter. From what I could hear and from what I read, it sounded like white woman brushed up against black woman's daughter in the restaurant's doorway. Apparently, white woman was not contrite enough in her apology, or did not even offer one (no crime in that, just poor manners), for black woman to feel satisfied. Then, we get black woman moving to a position behind the vehicle to apparently block them from leaving, while white man almost bumps the vehicle into black woman, likely because black woman was in blind spot on diagonally opposite side of vehicle. Then black woman whoops up on the rear of the minivan, causing white woman to lose all control and exit the vehicle with gun and charge it. Then white couple leave the scene after having assaulted black women with a deadly weapon.

Just a whole lotta stupid going on there from all four of them... :rolleyes:

On the bright side, a careful review of the video footage will show that Ms. Weustenberg has far better trigger discipline than does Ms. McCloskey of St. Louis...
Although in all fairness, Ms. McCloskey has far better control of her emotional outbursts and her mouth than does Ms. Wuestenberg...
Next time, just shoot and be done with it...

bbbass

Reactions
Racism is all the rage right now...

I recently criticized a woman's post online. She called me a racist and then kept yammering at me repeatedly for the next ten comments. I called her a yapping dog and moved on.

IMO it's getting harder to do that when unarmed. I really am running out of patience for people that won't accept a simple mistake and apology and insist on barking in your face. But when armed, I know I have to use the utmost discretion. It's actually easier for me to walk away then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    8/1/2020
    We went there today, at the righthand fork past the shooter info sign, and at the spot where there's a fallen log across a trail; good backstop...
  • Tigard Pawn 4 More
    5.00 star(s)
    Tigard Pawn for privated transfers: Good to go
    Met someone from the board out in Tigard as he was purchasing three of my Mosins. First stop was at NW Armory but didn't realize they were closed...
  • Buster Beaver Design
    5.00 star(s)
    Great folks!
    Sold a pistol and bought one the same day at Buster Beaver. I got a complete tour of the facility and a briefing on some of their powder coating...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Above and Beyond
    I hand delivered an extremely sentimental firearm that needed rebluing. I hoped that he could get it looking half way decent again. Tim went...
  • Buster Beaver Design
    5.00 star(s)
    All around great people A+
    I have had Buster Beaver Cerakote a Sig P229 before and it came out flawlessly. I have also dealt with John a couple of times on firearms...
Top Bottom