JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Posted: Apr 01, 2013 12:34 PM PDT Updated: Apr 01, 2013 12:45 PM PDT

By Paul Craig - email

OREGON CITY, OR (KPTV) -
An Oregon City woman was being attacked by a man after parking her car Sunday night, until she pulled out her handgun and sent the assailant running.

Oregon City police said it happened at 10:20 p.m. near 8th Street and JQ Adams Street. The 22-year-old woman said a stranger approached her from behind and grabbed her pony tail, dragging her backward.

She said he continued to assault her until she produced her handgun, which she legally owns, according to police.

The woman pointed the gun at the attacker and he ran away.

Oregon City officers, along with a Gladstone K-9 team, responded to the scene, but were unable to locate the suspect.

He is described as a white man in his 20s, standing 5'8" tall with a slender build. He had hair down to his chin and no facial hair. He was wearing a brown zip-up jacket or hoodie with dark-colored pants.

If you have any information about this case, call police at 503-496-1616.

Copyright 2013 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved

Woman pulls gun on attacker, attacker takes off running - KPTV - FOX 12

Wait, where is the graphic details about the horrible gun used? Doesn't the media want to talk about how it was an AR-18 with 900-rnd drum magazines and how it was used against her and the school bus of nuns?

Oh, wait, never mind doesn't fit their narrative my bad.

She shouldn't have had a pistol. The Vice President said all she can handle is a double-barreled shotgun. Then she just needs to shoot it through the door...

It would have totally resolved this situation...

Ask Ginny Burdick what might have happened to this woman if she was not armed?

I am suprised she did not shoot him. She was attacked and waited to see the attackers reaction when she pointed a gun at him? He could have been hopped up on something and pounced on her taking the gun away even if she shot him. She should have unloaded on him. IMHO.

She's probably suprised she didn't have to shoot him. Sounds like she drew and had him faster than he could continue. I'll bet if he would've continued to advanced rather than retreat; we would be talking about an entirely different outcome to this assault. I'm proud of her decision to carry and couldn't wait to tell my wife about that woman saving her own life with a handgun. My wife has her CHL and we're saving for her carry gun. I'm glad that woman is safe and I'd hope that more women would choose to carry.

My prediction:
The attacker will complain that he can no longer engage in sexual activity and suffers PTSD.
Gloria Allred will sue the Oregon City woman on his behalf seeking damages for pain and suffering.
The Oregon City woman will be arrested since she can't prove that a whistle would not have done the same thing.
She will lose her CHP, and have all firearms and vehicles (including those of close friends, relatives, and neighbors) confiscated.
Diane Sawyer will do a one hour special on how the rights of the attacker were violated when the OC woman victimized him.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top