JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is not a good idea to investigate bumps in the night with your piece locked up.
In a similar situation both me and The Beloved would be armed. With carbines. And sidearms.
We live far enough out to know that the cops aren't going to get there soon enough to do any good. (Not that I rely on Leviathan for something that important.)

All of this was avoidable.....for someone who TRAINS and Plans Ahead.

True.... but even so, critical thinking skills are still needed. Every incident is complex and flowing. To be driven by the event unfolding rather than stopping to think is a recipe for disaster regardless of planning and training.

BTW, I've always been in the "shelter and defend" camp, this incident just proves the value of that strategy!!!

I've only cleared the house one time, and that was armed. There was a large crashing sound, but I couldn't hear any further disturbance nor any voices/whispering/footsteps/etc. The house was clear... turned out that the wind had split a neighbor's maple tree in two, and the sound of it breaking and falling made the loud noise.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top