JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shouldn't have opened the door.

Should have had a gun when they went to check it out.

Wife and baby should have stayed in room.

Should have looked at security camera.

Maybe should have stayed in room, or kids room and called cops.

Should have used a rifle or shotgun and shot the perp in the head.

Should have used a rifle or shotgun and shot the perp in the head.
My only problem with shotguns is proximity to other people. In my house there are distances around 15 yrs and another long hallway. The shotgun was my 1st firearm. When my daughter was living at home I felt it was somewhat useless if I ever had to shoot at anyone between my bedroom and hers.

My only problem with shotguns is proximity to other people. In my house there are distances around 15 yrs and another long hallway. The shotgun was my 1st firearm. When my daughter was living at home I felt it was somewhat useless if I ever had to shoot at anyone between my bedroom and hers.

Yeah a rifle is better, but pretty handicapped in CA if you follow their stupid laws.

Can always use a full choke in your shotgun to keep things tight, also flight control loads from federal, or slugs for more precision.

Barricade in place and call 911, then make the decision if they get to where you're making your last stand then engage until the threat is gone.

I've lived this scenario at 3:00 am in the morning, the difference is I didn't leave my upstairs (place we sleep and area I would defend), nor did I even go downstairs. He took what he wanted and thankfully didn't attempt to come upstairs.

Police still took 22 minutes to get to us...glad I didn't count on anyone else to save us.

Barricade in place and call 911, then make the decision if they get to where you're making your last stand then engage until the threat is gone.

I've lived this scenario at 3:00 am in the morning, the difference is I didn't leave my upstairs (place we sleep and area I would defend), nor did I even go downstairs. He took what he wanted and thankfully didn't attempt to come upstairs.

Police still took 22 minutes to get to us...glad I didn't count on anyone else to save us.

Yep! Secure your kids and bunker down. Whole reason I bought a 2 story. We are all upstairs and you will need a full suit of body armor to make it up my stairs!

This story is a good example of how not to do things all around. They had a camera and obviously failed to use it. The great thing about them (camera's) is even the super cheap ones allow you to see them with a phone if you wish. Then after failing that come to the door with nothing in hand.

Very sad and so unnecessary. I do not understand people who go to the trouble to install security measures and then don't use them. :rolleyes:

1. If you think you have a prowler outside your house at 3 a.m., for the love of god do NOT open the door to check and especially unarmed with a baby in your arms
  2. Check your security camera and see if it shows anything
  3. If it does or you're worried, call the police, gather the family and hunker down in a defensible location, and wait for police to arrive
  4. Shoot any and all intruders

Shoot any and all intruders

Preferably w/o your spouse standing in front of them. She "emptied her clip". After jumping around the corner and the perp pointing his weapon at her, what choice did she have except maybe jumping back? IMO she's been watching too many TV shows. :rolleyes: All this was avoidable!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top