JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know. When I first started carrying a friend of mine said 'no one can mess with you now.' I nicely explained that when carrying you have to go even farther to avoid a physical conflict. If you have to play the coward, fine. Sort of sucks LOL.

If I ever felt the need to fight someone - agreed mutual combat I believe is the legal term - I would ask to be excused while I go disarm first hahaha. Gun, backup, knife, flashlight, Kimber pepper, in trunk now, close trunk, lock, check. Geezer fight!

Amen brother!

Gecko 45 is something if you dont know about you are in for a real treat. Read the story if you want a laugh but dont read it while you are eating or drinking in front of your computer or you will be cleaning your keyboard and monitor. Enjoy. Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines

I got it , you can let your imagination run wild, but I was a money carrier so I was always weapon drawn when going to and from. Not really exciting but It was a job. I always kept the hammer on a dead cylinder. Like I said would not of changed the situation if there was one. A drawn weapon is not always in earnest.

I expected to hear a whole host of misinformation, rumors, conspiracy theories, etc. on the national news sites, but was surprised to see some of it here as well. It's just that I expected a group of people with a high level of interest in guns to be a little better informed. Not to be... Anyway, a few corrections:

1) According to a statement by a representative from the police union (who did an initial interview with the officer), the officer was dancing with his wife when he was approached from behind by the deceased, who proceeded to aggressively hug him (intoxication was heavily implied) and, in the process, yanked on his belt, holster and, ultimately, trigger, causing the accidental discharge.

2) A statement by the local police chief already established that the officer's holster was of a type that allowed full access to the trigger while the gun was holstered.

3) Department policy in the officer's precinct is (unlike many which require full-time carry) to allow the officer a choice as to whether or not to carry. The officer was acting according to proper procedure.

4) Department policy (as in typical across the U.S.) requires the officer to keep one in the chamber at all times. These are cops in high crime districts folks, not suburban weekend shooters just having fun! Again, the officer was acting in accordance with his department's policies.

5) This was, according to all official statements to date, a tragic accident. ONLY the deceased's mother, who is understandably distraught, has suggested that there might be some other "explanation".

6) There are many possible ways to account for an angle of fire which could result in death. For example, it's clear from the initial investigation that the girl, presumably accidentally, had pushed/pulled/moved the gun during the incident. Regardless of the initial angle of the gun/holster at rest, as it was being moved during the incident it could have been repositioned to a variety of different angles. It is also quite possible that the girl was substantially shorter than the officer, or that she was shot in a vital organ or blood vessel in the lower half of her body, causing a bleedout. Regardless, one does not need to resort to conspiracy theories in order to imagine many potentially lethal combinations. Again, there have been NO official statements by any investigative body as to the angles involved, what portion of the the girl's body took the impact, and what the ultimate cause of death might have been. We can well imagine that she bled out, but an organ failure would result in death just as easily.

Overall, a sad and tragic event. And certainly there's no need for anyone to spread rumors, misinformation and other ignorance.

Who the hell are yew?

I should post up something like this, too...

----

OK everyone. I just want to clear the air, here... been a lot of misinformation, and I'm here to saveahoe and fix you morons.

1 - This didn't even happen in Detroit. It happened in LA. BIG bit of misinformation there, and I'm disappointed a bunch of gun freaks would get that part wrong.

2 - The deceased wasn't actually a woman, and wasn't drunk. In fact, it was two guys, high on methamphetamine.

3 - The officer was in full compliance with department policy... He simply wasn't prepared for spotty gravity.

4 - The officer's wife didn't have anything to do with it. She was actually in Mali at the time. She's a pirate.

4.2 - The "firearm" actually wasn't even a firearm... The LA/Detroit Interjurisdictional Taskforce team the officer was assigned to is having budget problems, and the weapon in question was one of these:

Shu-eyelash-curler.jpg

8 - My hair is a bird.

Thanks guys... tragic incident.. I appreciate you guys spreading the word that the story that's going around in actually totally partially incorrect.

To everyone who is all upset people are "spreading rumor", they're not. Everyone is trying to figure out what happened based on the very few facts that the media actually presented. Person shot by IWB holster from a hug, behind, through the heart. Yeah, with very little information on something that seems seemingly impossible, people will talk.

Considering there is more to this story isn't a conspiracy story. It's wise to want the facts, and not accept someone's word on your first flyby.

I want to remind everyone to keep this thread civil and appropriate for a family-friendly website. I'm sure we're all anxious to hear the facts, which I'm really hoping come to light soon.

Sounds like she may have been doing some sort of "exotic dance" on her knees...:s0155:

<broken link removed>
Miller was dancing behind Officer Isaac Parrish at his home in Archdale and was on her knees and tugging at Parrish’s waist when his holstered gun fired, striking her in the chest, a police official familiar with the investigation said Tuesday.

The official said the angle of the gunshot is possible because Miller was not standing and described it as some type of "exotic dance."

Wayne County Medical Examiner Carl Schmidt said his office can’t tell the position Miller was in when she was shot but said the police version could have happened. Schmidt said the gun’s muzzle was pointed downward in such a way that the bullet went into Miller’s chest and came out of her back at a lower point.

Herself wanted to know if the deceased was a midget, maybe?

You know, strange stuff happens sometimes. I assisted an autopsy once, where the driver was making a left hand turn, and fell out of the jeep (M151A2). The jeep made a complete circle before the other three guys in the jeep could stop it, and it ran over the driver. [That was their story, and they stuck to it...until the autopsy evidence didn't agree with their fable.]

Makes you wonder if there was any gun shot residue on anyone's hands...

maybe she was hose hugging him?:huh:

ive carried for over 15 years now concealed, and never had to keep one hot, and have had to draw it countless times. And in all those situations haveing one hot wouldn't have made any difference in outcome of those situations. Ive been there.

Really? You've drawn your weapon as a civilian in anger "countless times?" Maybe you should stop doing stupid things with stupid people in stupid places.:s0114:

Really? You've drawn your weapon as a civilian in anger "countless times?" Maybe you should stop doing stupid things with stupid people in stupid places.:s0114:

He claims to have been a "money carrier."

With that said - the money was being carried and he had to unholster his weapon "countless" times - suggesting he was threatened or robbed "countless" times? And survived all of them?

Also, having the hammer over an empty cylinder is not carrying "cold." If you pulled the trigger the cylinder would have turned and the next round would have fired.

This news story clearly refers to a semi-auto, which wouldn't have discharged without a round in the pipe - huge difference. As such, your comment about a revolver is pretty much pointless.

I'm sorry, bud. Accusations of being a mall ninja aside - your back story just doesn't add up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top