JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The story's a little old, however I thought I'd bring it up as it looks like the woman is soliciting help to pay her legal expenses. NJ Sentences PA Resident Meg Fellenbaum to A Year in Jail for Simple Possession (arrest details here).

I'm not sure what happened, however I suspect the woman was probably more than a little rude to the arresting LEO. While sounding like they were searching for reasons to nail her for something, what they're prosecuting her for (and she pled for) is unnecessary. The only bad experience I've had was when one of my car's passengers was being stupidly rude (unnecessarily) to the officer.

EDIT: (Maybe not awaiting confirmation) That said, I think I'll be sending a couple dollars to help out.

Last Edited:
BS to the 9th degree. I am sending a few bucks her way. I have a feeling I would have a hard time being friendly to the NJ cop who was trying to take away my freedom for something I have every right to have under the constitution of the United States.

I challenge you to find any information from the county this story supposedly happened in or to find anything in a legitimate news source referencing this.

Just because something has been floating around for a year on gun blogs and gun specific websites doesnt mean it actually happened. Fake News AKA Propaganda.

Its been hard watching the proliferation of propaganda in this country in the last 4-5 years from both sides. Lost a few friends because of it.

Last Edited:
So you are saying that the New Jersey second amendment foundation and the 50 or so stories on this all throughout the gun universe are all BS.... Because why?

Do you think if someone was picked up in Washington for carrying a concealed pistol without a permit it would make the news? There would be internet reporting about it? I sure as hell don't. Why then would you expect it in New Jersey?

Yes, I would expect to be able to find it in court proceedings , public arrest records etc. When this came out before I did some searching . Found nothing. Nada, squat. For something has become somewhat of a rallying cry for concealed carry at a time when there is pending legislation for national carry in Congress I certainly would expect to find something an an actual accredited news source SOMEWHERE. Its not there. Not in county arrest records. Nothing. Same story rehashed a few different ways on gun blogs and a bunch of commentary by outraged gun advocates and a few requests for donations but nothing but vapor when it comes time for a little fact checking. Its a story.

My BS meter is strong and when things actually do happen its real easy to find a trail. Theres no trail here.

This story is 100% made up. Not one of the places it appears on any firearms websites link to an original news article, a statement from a public official or any other source. If it's true, where did Ammoland hear about it? They don't cite a source, they just keep linking back and forth to other firearm websites.

So you are saying the New Jersey second amendment foundation is made up? or that they got duped?

It seems really unlikely to me that what appears to be a legitimate second amendment support organization would propagate a false story.

Go to the SAF
So you are saying that the New Jersey second amendment foundation and the 50 or so stories on this all throughout the gun universe are all BS.... Because why?

If the outrage at the actual SAF for NJ website was so strong you'd think you'd be able to find some mention of it on their actual website.

Second Amendment Foundation

Yes. The 50 or stories are all BS. No credits, references, cites, verifiable dates etc. Just a bunch of cross referencing with no verifiable facts. I find friends I havent seen in years all the time with court records , news stories, marriage licenses, etc. Its easy. I cant find squat for this story in original court docs, local newspaper police blotters etc.

Go to the SAF

If the outrage at the actual SAF for NJ website was so strong you'd think you'd be able to find some mention of it on their actual website.

Second Amendment Foundation

Yes. The 50 or stories are all BS. No credits, references, cites, verifiable dates etc. Just a bunch of cross referencing with no verifiable facts. I find friends I havent seen in years all the time with court records , news stories, marriage licenses, etc. Its easy. I cant find squat for this story in original court docs, local newspaper police blotters etc.

That is a completely different organization, why would you find anything there?

I'm going to say that I support this potentially fictitious character, except financially (i'm broke and should worry about my own CHL first).
I also think that there should at least be an arrest record and court records on the circumstance... if those can't be found, yeah, it's fake... BUT there is truth in this! I would not be surprised if somebody from the LGBTQ community was needlessly scrutinized against because some jerks hate them for no other reason. Probably same is true for gun owners, tho i've always gotten along with cops over it.

Let's just agree that if the story is true, it should be recognized and publicized.

I got no dog in this fight, I really don't care that you don't believe. Knowing what I know about New Jersey I don't have much problem accepting this happened and don't find it the least bit weird that there is no "news" about such a piddly thing.

You referenced them. Read your post above

"So you are saying the New Jersey second amendment foundation is made up"

the "society" sends a letter to the editor of a blog. They ( a guy ) read the same "story" you did. Thats not proof.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top