Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Woman Drops Gun

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by pokerace, Feb 8, 2013.

1. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

2. Suge206

Suge206 Seattle Active Member

oops!

3. Rotty

Rotty Skagit County Active Member

OOPS!!! Isn't the word for it. Dumb Arss!!! Is more appropriate. Treating a loaded gun as a fashion accessory and then not securing it properly is not a good idea. She is lucky no one is dead. There is no other explanation for it than just dumb luck.

4. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And yet another example of why our rights are being stripped away. ..

1 person likes this.
  5. cityrice

cityrice vancouver wa Active Member

I have never owned a cheap derringers, or know much about them, this is a second time something like this has happend with those guns. Maybe be a poor choice for CCW?

6. Suge206

yeah of course shes retarded for carrying a Deringer cocked and loose in her pocket.

7. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Holster Holster HOLSTER!!!

civilian75, mouse, fyrediver and 3 others like this.
  8. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

yes, she shouldn't have carried it loaded. but even with the holster, I would never carry that thing loaded. simply because it doesn't have a trigger guard.

Gun owners, please know your firearm before carrying it. stop making us look bad. ;)

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

"Would you like a bandage with that?"

sickpuppy and (deleted member) like this.
  10. MrZeat

MrZeat WA New Member

where do all of these irresponsible idiots keep coming from. :|

11. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was thinking the same thing. I've always wanted a derringer, but don't think I will carry it. I'll stick with something that won't go bang if it gets dropped.

ironmike86 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Grandstanding DA! Even a first year law student knows Assault requires intent. Jackwipe!

13. Bigd6943

Bigd6943 In the all year rain state Active Member

You wouldn't carry anything loaded? Then why carry a weapon at all? You never point your gun at anything you're not planning on shooting/killing!!!!
    So people should carry around unloaded guns then if the situation arises they should stop hold the gun out load it and then fire? In the meantime the person you're pulling the gun on Has now killed you killed your children raped your wife and stole your car. You might think about keeping your weapon loaded but that's just my opinion and I'm just one man. One man that keeps his weapon loaded with the one in the chamber but I also carry a Sig with auto Deecock To each their own. On another note that women should never be carrying a gun in the first place again just my opinion

oknow and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Suge206

try reading it again, skippy.

15. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I carry a NAA .22 Mag in my pocket with no holster. The NAA has a landing slot between each cyl. It's a notch the hammer goes into so basically the hammer is locked and not over a cyl. To fire you have to pull the hammer back with brings a loaded chamber under the hammer and it will fire. There is no trigger guard and no other safety. As long as the hammer isn't pulled back there is no chance of it firing and it takes a conscious effort to pull it back to firing position. Dropping it won't do anything either.

16. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

If you believe your statement then you really need to look at the whole picture. They are trying to strip our right to to bear arms to prevent us being able to fight against a tyrannical evil government amd protect what God has given us.
    STOP FOLLOWING THE SHEEP THINK!!!!

17. Blan Dam

Blan Dam Ridgfield, WA New Member

That's what you get for buying your wife a fracking derringer for a CCW. Just cause its 'cute' doesn't mean its a good gun.

18. cityrice

cityrice vancouver wa Active Member

[video=youtube_share;vdCnjBmVz28]http://youtu.be/vdCnjBmVz28[/video]

19. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

While you bash other for their mistakes, if you look on the net, I am sure you will find at least three off duty LEOs that have done exactly the same thing in the last year. First one comes to mind is the one in WI a couple moths ago. Training does not fix carelessness.

BTW: they do make holsters for derringers, and with that exposed trigger and hammer, they are needed to be safe.

20. Suge206

that chick on sons of guns is a solid 2.64/10