JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I put out cameras on game trails in my elk hunting area before the snow flew this past winter. I did not get one elk picture. I only caught one deer on camera. I did capture 8 wolves however. I also caught a couple videos of a lynx.

You can use this link to get to the videos, but you have to remove the ( - ) between the letters. Once there you should be able to see all 11 videos I have up. They are 15 second clips taken from my trail camera.

Last Edited:
I edited the link so it would post. To view it you'll have to paste it in a new browser and take out the ( - ) between the first three letters.

243 Ackley Improved or my 7mm-08. I'm not sure yet. They both shoot well. I am picking up my bait permit and have a good place picked out that I can sit 400yds away and observe anything coming in.

I'm hoping they are hungry coming out of hibernation.

Last Edited:
Dang dude, those wolves are trying to make off with your game camera! Did you put peanut butter on it or something?

for those trying to view the vids, remove the dashes from the link
i.e. https://www.b-i-t-chute.com/video/FcCYLBa6LmXa/ is actually at bit chute dot com
The lynx was cool. No noise, just standing there.

I was actually looking to see what the elk herd was like in there because I've hunted it for many years and this past fall I saw less elk than any time over the last decade. I know why now.

Nothing on the camera to make them be drawn to it. I put it out in December and they chewed it up in February. There's 11 total videos. I hope to get some more videos of bears coming to my bait while I'm out next week. Maybe a video of the kill?? I'm hopeful.

We occasionally have a black bear visit our place. I've never had bear meat, but would like to try it.

We have black bear come through our acreage at times, but I haven't hunted any. I have had bear meat a few times over the years as one of my brothers hunts said. It was pretty good, though somewhat fatty, from my recollection.

We have black bear come through our acreage at times, but I haven't hunted any. I have had bear meat a few times over the years as one of my brothers hunts said. It was pretty good, though somewhat fatty, from my recollection.
Bear meat isnt fatty, bear fat is fatty. Proper butchering fixes that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top