Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wolves

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZigZagZeke, Mar 8, 2013.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I was arguing with a tree hugger on another forum and put enough into this post that I thought I'd share it here:

2. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Since this is OT, Grimm is back on tonight!

4. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

On March 8, 2010 a young woman, Candice Berner, was killed by wolves near the village of Chignik Lake, Alaska. This report provides documentation of the investigation and conclusions related to that fatal attack. The physical and circumstantial evidence for a fatal wolf attack in this case is convincing. Other fatal wolf attacks have been documented in North America and throughout the world (Linnell et al. 2002, McNay 2002, McNay 2007), but the validity of investigator conclusions in wolf attacks have often been questioned because of a widespread impression that wolves do not act aggressively toward people. That impression is based on the observation that, at least during the twentieth century, there were no documented cases of healthy wolves killing or seriously injuring a person in North America (Mech 1998). This report documenting the Chignik Lake attack is significant because it includes DNA analysis that positively confirms wolf involvement.

5. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

The Cascades wolf was native to Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. I weighed 60 to 110 pounds. The imported Canadian gray wolves weigh 90 to 170 pounds. The imported wolves came from northern British Columbia and Alberta.