JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What permits? The state of oregon declassified wolf hybrids from the exotic species list years ago do to dna studies that they cant determine % via dna since domestic dogs and wolves contain the same dna. But i will tell you oregon state police, polk co sheriff dept, and ODFW are plenty aware of them and ive had zero issues in 9 years. There very content and trouble free .I had a friend that had a verified 100% Idaho wolf that lived in Independence and the city made it so hard on him to keep him by inacting new city rules he finally had to give him up. Fortunately i live in the country on a very large private parcel and there kept in a 150 x150 foot pen 5 ' cattle fence with 3 hot electric wires above up to 7 feet high and a low anti dig out hot wire . You come across sounding like your the wolf patrol ? And i said appear to be 100% , they were stated as being 75% wolf and 25% german shepard.
They passed legislation to reclassify them back to a wolf status last year (?) but your Gov Brown vetoed it......this time..... it is only a matter of time.

The wolf population is not anywhere near impactful yet.

Until they are a problem I think they should be left to grow their numbers.

I've never seen a wild one.

disagree
Family friends in the Salmon River (Idaho) country have neighbors that lose increasing # of their lambs each season.
I've seen (a) wild wolf both in Oregon, as well as photos in the neighbors yard of my Salmon River buddy.

The impact on both deer and elk population in that part of the country has considerable ecological issues arising as well.

I like wolves, they're neat. If they start eating people in Oregon, i'm cool with that. Good excuse for us to have more guns. "But miss Brown, THE WOLVES ARE EATING THE CHIDRENS!"

Yeah, I know... but I still like wolves. I'd also say that open season shouldn't start until I can't count the number of wolves in Oregon on my hands and toes...

I like wolves, they're neat. If they start eating people in Oregon, i'm cool with that. Good excuse for us to have more guns. "But miss Brown, THE WOLVES ARE EATING THE CHIDRENS!"

Yeah, I know... but I still like wolves. I'd also say that open season shouldn't start until I can't count the number of wolves in Oregon on my hands and toes...
Kids somewhere, forget where, are required to carry anti-polar bear guns to and from their schools.

Kids somewhere, forget where, are required to carry anti-polar bear guns to and from their schools.
That's how it should be here. Maybe property values will crash and I could finally get that homestead I want started. ;)
"BREAKING NEWS! WOLVES BROKE INTO HANFORD REACTOR AND ARE MULTIPLYING AT RECORD RATES!" Next day... " MUTATED WOLVES EAT CALIFORNIANS, MASS EXODUS FROM OREGON!"

Last Edited:
That's how it should be here. Maybe property values will crash and I could finally get that homestead I want started. ;)
"BREAKING NEWS! WOLVES BROKE INTO HANGORD REACTOR AND A MULTIPLYING AT RECORD RATES!" Next day... " MUTATED WOLVES EAT CALIFORNIANS, MASS EXODUS FROM OREGON!"
Would you be offended if I asked what you're "on"?

The fed introduced grey wolves into the northwest where they never were. We had the smaller less aggressive red wolf here.

It pisses me off how they had to transplant these wolves into our lands when they are not even indigenous to this area. The wolves they brought in are from Canada and they are huge.

----

Ive heard of the above before, but Ive read no evidence of that. Please cite some sources... I'm open to learn.
I know of the Northwestern Wolf and Cascade Mountain Wolf sub-species (very specific to Oregon and Washington), but my understanding is they coexisted with the Grey wolf who's original range also included Oregon, all of the lower 48 actually and down into Mexico.
Red wolves existed only in the SE United States and were never native in Oregon.

F@$k the wolves!
We do not need them in our forests.
What purpose do they serve except to compete with the hunters for deer and elk.
Whats next grizzlies?
I have an idea...how about the game departments use the funds they get from hunters and actually manage the deer and elk instead of taking our money and bringing these elk and deer killing machines in!
Wolves are cool and all, but they are not that cool.
And fyi they don't just kill the sick and week. A pack can take down a healthy bull elk no problem.
Nevermind all the livestock they kill.

There are my thoughts.

Cougar cougar1.JPG cougar.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR