JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not sure if you are aware of it or not, but including the buffalo is a bit outside the relm of hunting. The main reason the buffalo were killed off is so that the plains indians would not have a food source. The white men who wanted to control the land that the indians were roaming on did not want the indians to be free to go where ever they wanedt to go, and controlling the food source was one way to force the indians to capitulate to living on the reservations with promises of cattle which were to be supplied by the indian agency. Much of which never occured.

Wolves left to their own devises will hunt and kill any smaller animal including your children if given the chance.

I for one would prefer that animals like beavers be seriously controlled. They are fine as long as they don't start tearing up your neighborhood and flooding the road over the local creek.

It is nice that you like the wildlife. I like it too, but I am human, and I admit that I am a preditor.

The balance of nature was all here before we arrived and there were many animals. Once we came with guns blazing and trapping we almost wiped out entire species of animals. Buffalo, otters, beavers, wolves, and several others. I for one want to see them in the wild.

I am not sure if you are aware of it or not, but including the buffalo is a bit outside the relm of hunting. The main reason the buffalo were killed off is so that the plains indians would not have a food source. The white men who wanted to control the land that the indians were roaming on did not want the indians to be free to go where ever they wanedt to go, and controlling the food source was one way to force the indians to capitulate to living on the reservations with promises of cattle which were to be supplied by the indian agency. Much of which never occured.

Wolves left to their own devises will hunt and kill any smaller animal including your children if given the chance.

I for one would prefer that animals like beavers be seriously controlled. They are fine as long as they don't start tearing up your neighborhood and flooding the road over the local creek.

It is nice that you like the wildlife. I like it too, but I am human, and I admit that I am a preditor.

I recently saw a show on the History, or Discovery channel, I forget which one that detailed the facts about Native American tribes that would stack rocks in a strategic manner in order to stampede entire herds of buffalo off of cliffs so they could easily collect the remains below.
Thought it very interesting.

The balance of nature was all here before we arrived and there were many animals. Once we came with guns blazing and trapping we almost wiped out entire species of animals. Buffalo, otters, beavers, wolves, and several others. I for one want to see them in the wild.

Canada and Alaska have over 70,000 of the exact same wolves forced on us. Plenty to see up there,,,

The Anti's have an agenda. They are abusing the endangered species act, to further their cause. Why else would the humane society and others commit so much money to these lawsuits to keep wolves protected? The states have to be able to manage them, just like any other animal. As long as the wolf is protected, it can't happen. Special interest groups just don't want to let it happen either.

As long as every bleeding heart animal lover, keeps getting suckered into sending money to save poor cute homeless kitties and puppies. These groups will have neverending monies for more wolf lawsuits,,,

Makes me want to vomit, everytime I see a humane society commercial. With some celebrity begging for money, for homeless cats and dogs. I guess technically, a wolf is a dog. Right? Technically, they are homeless. Right? So I guess, really they aren't lying. Just putting a little spin on the truth,,, ;) :s0112:

Makes me want to vomit, everytime I see a humane society commercial. With some celebrity begging for money, for homeless cats and dogs. I guess technically, a wolf is a dog. Right? Technically, they are homeless. Right? So I guess, really they aren't lying. Just putting a little spin on the truth,,, ;) :s0112:
Don't confuse The Humane Society with; The Humane Society of the United States, the HSUS.
The Humane society that has the pet shelter in your town is a pretty decent organization. They ARE NOT affiliated with the HSUS.

The HSUS is the animal rights gestapo. Run by vegan creep Wayne Pacelle that is out to collect money for advertisements to collect yet more money. Their definition of hunting falls under "wildlife abuse." The ending of which just happens to be one of their principle objectives.
Less than 2% of their revenues go to household pet causes.

my dad took a couple dogs for a walk down near yuma az last week. a really nice brown and white border collie was snatched by a coyote while they were out for a walk in the near desert. the border collie was 8-9 months old and about 50 lbs, just plain gone

we seen a lone wolf in juntura, thats 40 miles east of burns ... and burns has now finally reported a wolf ...confermed sighting with in 8 miles of town as of rifle deer season .

Here is the original site for the Cry Wolf Movie. Crying Wolf

Not sure I agree with the conclusion 100%, but they do put up the facts and bring some of the players to light. News reported that a lone male is in Crater Lake National Park. I spoke with a sheriff in the Maury Mountains a week ago while on a camping trip. He told me there is a breeding pair in the Ochocos south of John Day. He also told me the OF&G is concerned about elk numbers, after what happened to Idaho.

Are we seeing beginnings of backlash over wolves?

Call it coincidental timing or something else, but two essays have appeared in the past few days that have captured the attention of Northwest hunters, who seem prepared to fight back against what they feel is a tidal wave of wolf expansion that has not been very well thought through.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top