JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was out and about in the forest today. I came around a bend in the road (I was driving at this time) and at the far end of the visible stretch of road in front of me was an animal, probably 50 yards, maybe 75. It was standing just at the edge of the road. I stopped and grabbed my binos, but they had the darn rain jacket on them from an excursion I had just come back from. I looked back to the animal as I fiddled with my binos just in time to see it leave the road. It waddled like a bear but was way too small to be an adult, and seemed to long (for its height) to be a cub. It had reddish brown hair almost like a fox but darker, and was bigger than a fox. The first thing I thought was that it looked like a red panda type animal. I thought about it all the way home and only then did I think of a wolverine. I've read they estimate as few as 20 in the state but then there were reports of one being seen several times out on the coast, I forget where. How many of you have seen confirmed or strongly suspected wolverines in your local travels?

Last Edited:
Oh darn, I thought we were hunting commies.

Red Dawn - Wolverines - YouTube

A badger has a face more resembling a baby bear, with a shorter snout than a wolverine. A wolverine has a face that is more dog-like, and longer, sort of German Shepard looking, with black around the mouth and snout.

There is also a big difference in size. A badger seldom goes more than 30 pounds. A wolverine can be up to 80 pounds.

Badgers can be slightly dangerous. But a wolverine, if he feels the slightest bit cornered, will come straight after you with a vengeance. Wolverines believe the best defense is a good OFFENSE. I'm pretty sure the animal in the Hunter S. Thompson picture is a badger. Looks too small to be a wolverine and the snout is too short.

A badger has a face more resembling a baby bear, with a shorter snout than a wolverine. A wolverine has a face that is more dog-like, and longer, sort of German Shepard looking, with black around the mouth and snout.

There is also a big difference in size. A badger seldom goes more than 30 pounds. A wolverine can be up to 80 pounds.

Badgers can be slightly dangerous. But a wolverine, if he feels the slightest bit cornered, will come straight after you with a vengeance. Wolverines believe the best defense is a good OFFENSE. I'm pretty sure the animal in the Hunter S. Thompson picture is a badger. Looks too small to be a wolverine and the snout is too short.
Thats a wolverine, not a badger

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top