JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Volunteers?

• Total voters
@Kristina

I was on the far left of the firing line, and was shooting an old High Standard Double-Nine .22 revolver.
IMG_20180513_061304.jpg

If this is the one you were thinking of, just let me know and you're welcome to try it out sometime. I actually have a few different versions of High Standard revolvers, but this one is by far my favorite, and goes with me on almost every range trip. As you can see, it has a few miles on it... ;)

@Kristina

I was on the far left of the firing line, and was shooting an old High Standard Double-Nine .22 revolver.
View attachment 459620

If this is the one you were thinking of, just let me know and you're welcome to try it out sometime. I actually have a few different versions of High Standard revolvers, but this one is by far my favorite, and goes with me on almost every range trip. As you can see, it has a few miles on it... ;)

Yeah, must have been you. There were only a few of us shooting revolvers and I know you aren't @FordPrefect .

I just bought a S&W model 14-4 and was watching your hammer cocking technique, but there was so much activity at the firing line I didn't get a chance to chat with you.

I had a nice time on the hill there and it was great to meet new folks. The camp out was a bit interesting, with tweakers scrounging brass at 3 AM, neked elk, and that black kid Ruger running around with no clothes on. To all that attended I want you to know that it takes a special kind of person to volunteer for efforts like this one. It has great rewards for all.
Lot's of nice weapons made an appearance after clean up. My favorite part! Cogs deserved his AR for his dedication to Trash No Land and cudos to the folks that built and donated the parts.
Great pictures @FordPrefect . Really impressed with your drone. Your 500 S&W is the bomb too!
Good time......

Here we go with the list of the awesome NWFA members who donated their day to clean up the messes of the jack-wagon jerks who left it there.

The gift of your time is very much appreciated by those who value quality recreation!

@Joe Link , let's show these folks some GREEN!

@drewp
@Legs
@FordPrefect
@Timbertodd
@Kristina
@arakboss
@cHaOsReX
@turbo_vanner
@Tarawa86
@Awilsonaf
@bugster42
@HarryHaller
@Mike Johnson
@ConcernedCitizen
@wcdubois
@citizen a
@Reno911
@Cogs
@Taco_lean
@LuckySG
and Keith T put a user name of just Keith but it doesn't come up as a NWFA member user name.

If I missed someone, let me know.

Last Edited:
Here we go with the list of the awesome NWFA members who donated their day to clean up the messes of the jack-wagon jerks who left it there.

The gift of your time is very much appreciated by those who value quality recreation!

@Joe Link , let's show these folks some GREEN!

@drewp
@Legs
@FordPrefect
@Timbertodd
@Kristina
@arakboss
@cHaOsReX
@turbo_vanner
@Tarawa86
@Awilsonaf
@bugster42
@HarryHaller
@Mike Johnson
@ConcernedCitizen
@wcdubois
@citizen a
@Reno911
@Cogs
and Keith T put a user name of just Keith but it doesn't come up as a NWFA member user name.

If I missed someone, let me know.

Taco_lean, wife, and dog were present. His dog leaping up into his arms while fleeing from Ruger was hilarious.

That reminds me... I failed to get most of your names,

I feel you on this one!

I tend to remember screen names more than actual names, except for those that I've gotten to know over a couple of years now.

In the beginning during the sitting around phase before the meeting I get more face time with folks, but afterwords during the cleanup and shoot out, I find myself getting caught up in the moment and I always miss getting to say hi to a few forum members that I've had conversations with many times on this forum and would like to meet in person.

Thankfully, we hold more than just one clean up at the North Fork sites, we tend to organize a clean up there as much as it is needed, so there are always opportunities to see each other again.

That and if you ever need an extra shooting buddy, you know where to find me!

I was up there last weekend didn't look really bad. Funny thing was the guy in front of me pulled off to take the road to get there but fortunately for me he missed the turn off to the right to go up to the shooting Lanes which allowed me to get the last open spot on the upper lane. Does anybody know if they are thinking of expanding north Wolf Creek or even opening up another one near by?

I was up there last weekend didn't look really bad. Funny thing was the guy in front of me pulled off to take the road to get there but fortunately for me he missed the turn off to the right to go up to the shooting Lanes which allowed me to get the last open spot on the upper lane. Does anybody know if they are thinking of expanding north Wolf Creek or even opening up another one near by?

It was discussed at the cleanup that if we can keep It looking super clean, we may be able to get more spots opened up there and in other forests as well!

@Cogs you better post up some of those pictures I took of you shooting your sweet new ar!!
Yeah, I remember you saying something like you 'might have' taken a couple pics... I'll include those with the 'After Party' pics when I can get to them. I have a rather large 'Do list' I'm working on this after noon. Then friends and fam coming over for the dinner by the river thing. Might be dark before I can get back to the photos.

Found a few mins before guests arrive...

Here's the AR and a link to Drop Box with the video of the presentation. Sorry this is a Drop Box link but I don't have the proper video programs to do this kind of stuff right. If it asks you for a Drop Box account set up, just skip it and you can watch the vid. It's a .mov movie because I couldn't convert it to an MP4. I may try a few more free download conversion programs to see if I can get it done properly.

Dropbox - Bill gets anAR.mov

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads