JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Our cleanup was great! 17 signed in plus some young future steward shooters. We spiffed up all 4 lanes and we all had a really great time! It is so nice to work along side such good people. It gives me great satisfaction to know that there are many people who share our mutual concerns for the well being of recreational shooting on public lands.

Thanks to the Rocky Mtn Elk Foundation members and the Oregon Hunters Association of Yamhill Co. who attended. Really great to meet those folks and I appreciate the values they represent!

And that After Party was true to the standard phrase... "A BLAST!"

I'll have some pics to post later. Thanks all!

Bill

Good day, weather held off and was pretty warm for the most part, thanks to @Cogs for organising and the food, which was very welcome after all that work.

IMG_20200222_111357.jpg

But it was fun to get a picture standing on the tree stump it turned out to be.
IMG_20200222_105558.jpg

Got to shoot the Enfield for the first time too.
IMG_20200222_133808.jpg

IMG_20200222_133822.jpg

Good day, weather held off and was pretty warm for the most part, thanks to @Cogs for organising and the food, which was very welcome after all that work.

View attachment 662749

View attachment 662750

View attachment 662751

View attachment 662752
Ha! Love that first pic... "Not A Target"! You and I climbed all the way up there just to find it was a white washed old stump that looked like a white target! Oh well, we needed the exercise, right?!!! Love the view from up there! And loved spending some quality time with you! You are a good man. Thank you!

I feel that we did great. Might night have gotten 100% participation from all the people shooting at the lanes but a lot better than last year and everyone was very appreciative and understanding when we showed up to clean up the lane.
Sorry we took off a little early. I was meeting a guy in Manning to buy a Vortex scope before we headed to Tillamook.
The water picture was up one of the OHV areas off of 6. 2nd picture was Pacific City.
Finish it off by saying good to see everyone again.

Sorry to all i met, it was nice meeting everyone and chatting, but i'm afraid that for me, i recognise Clark Kent, but i never remember his name. It get's worse when he removes his glasses :(

Well we got there when everything was already done and the wife was too uncomfortable arou d so many people shooting. :/

Our stupid alarm didn't go off this am.

But, we passed you on the way home, Cogs :D

Well we got there when everything was already done and the wife was too uncomfortable arou d so many people shooting. :/

Our stupid alarm didn't go off this am.

But, we passed you on the way home, Cogs :D
Ha! How could you have passed my hot new pickup?!!! While it might not be a 'New' truck, it's new to me! I'm lovin this thing!

2-22-20 Dumpster 1.jpg

Thank you to everyone who joined us today. It was a great turn out and a lot of cleaning got done. A big shoutout to @Cogs for arranging this event. Also, thanks to all the kind people who were very generous with their toys at the after party. My two boys couldn't stop talking about the firearms they got to try out.

Thank you to everyone who joined us today. It was a great turn out and a lot of cleaning got done. A big shoutout to @Cogs for arranging this event. Also, thanks to all the kind people who were very generous with their toys at the after party. My two boys couldn't stop talking about the firearms they got to try out.
Seeing your little guy going to town on the "2 stamp" Scorpion, and giving it all the strength he could muster, was pretty hilarious.

View attachment 662749

View attachment 662750

View attachment 662751

View attachment 662752

Nice! I picked up an Enfield last summer. A 1918 BSA No1 MK III. Who's is it? So many versions and millions made during the war years. That looks like some spendy ammo for it? I bought surplus made in 1980, by MEN in Germany. And I recently picked up some PPU 150 gr reloadable, in case bad times come back.

Good thing we knocked this out yesterday before the weather came in. The lanes weren't all that trashed to begin with, maybe the word is getting out. Crazy how popular that place is getting, it was like a parade of vehicles all morning long.

Photos are great, thanks for posting.
Hard to believe there were 2 pickups full of waste gathered. :oops:
The dumpsters are 4 cu yrds each. We did some stomping to get it all to fit.

When I left, I drove up the road to check those spots where we posted the no shooting signs and could not see much evidence of shooting. I'm sure we'll see more as the weather gets warmer but for now, it's been working. We are missing 2 signs out of the 6 we put in. (I think it was about 6-8 months ago when we put up the signs).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top