JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone ever shot Wolf ammo? I recently bought a 9mm and was wondering if anyone has used this ammo and had much luck with it. Just looking for some plinking ammo and not wanting to spend a bunch. Yet if 1 out of every 3 bullets is good, I'm not really saving much money...

Has anyone ever shot Wolf ammo? I recently bought a 9mm and was wondering if anyone has used this ammo and had much luck with it. Just looking for some plinking ammo and not wanting to spend a bunch. Yet if 1 out of every 3 bullets is good, I'm not really saving much money...

It is fine for plinking.

I use it in some of my machine guns.

It is very inconsistant with loading though....for example.....some are loaded weak and others hot etc.

So my cyclic rate on my guns varies during firing.

Kind of like.....rat, tat, tat....tat,tat,tat.......tat,tatatat....tat

If you get what I mean.

Short-range plinking is about all I would ever use it for. I don't plan on buying more when I run out. Out of my 16" carbines I couldn't even figure out where it was hitting(if at all) at 75 yards, while the Federal Eagle or Lawman FMJ's were doing fine out to at least 100 yards. I'm guessing the lot I have was loaded a bit on the weak side. Cycled fine in the AR and the Keltec though. I just ordered a bunch of Lawman for $10/box from Natchez, and Fisherman's Marine has a Sportsmans Show sale going on right now, I just picked up half a case of PMC Bronze for $10/box. They were almost out at Delta Park(unless they had more hiding in the back somewhere), not sure what the other locations have.

I wouldn't recommend using it in anything...especially gas recoil guns.

+1000 in gas operated weapons, unless you like cleaning guns a lot.

Blow back is fine.

They work fine in an MP5- but like I said, very in consistant cyclic rate with them.

Other plinking rounds seem to be loaded more consistant and don't have that issue.

I choose wolf and reloads over all the other brands based on price and performance. I'm a center mass shooter and wolf is more than accurate enough for that. Some guys will say it's hard on a gun, but for the price difference you can buy a hundred extractors as they wear out. (I havn't worn any out yet, 5000rnds and counting)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top