Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Woke up at 1AM: too excited to sleep since I'm buying a gun today.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CascadeSam, Mar 30, 2013.

1. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

Am I the only one who gets so excited the night before buying a gun that it affects your sleep? The gun is a model that I've wanted to own since I was ten years old yet the price for a brand new model is too high to justify the cost. I can't wait to take ownership of it later today.

2. Viper84

Viper84 Bellingham, WA Member

Pics or it didn't happen! (after you pick it up, of course) :D

3. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Haven't slept a wink since I mailed a couple Form 4's last year.

Looking forward to seeing what you get!

4. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

Sounds like Night-Before-Christmas Syndrome.

5. Roger65

Roger65 Portland Active Member

No you're not the only one. In fact makes me feel good to read this because I thought I was the only one. Getting one today also, got up to tinkle at 3:00 and never fell all the way back to sleep, just sorta dozing. Too excited.

6. Netspirit

Netspirit Bellevue, WA Active Member

I have waited for my coming 2 guns for 3+ damn weeks so I am not excited anymore, rather exhausted
    :gun09:

7. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

Congrats to the OP, I hope it is everything you wanted and more. 3 weeks isn't terrible, but any wait over 2 weeks gets exhausting . I've been waiting on some for 3 months and I have 6 months left on my Form 1 SBS.

8. mdurham

mdurham Vancouver, Wa New Member

I'm the same way. I just ordered today a Kimber ultra cdp II my first 1911!!! I will be counting the hours until it arrives. As soon as I get some tracking info, I check it every 6-8 hrs. Like a dang kid ;)

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Kids

Heck I'd never get any sleep cause I never know when that perfect new friend is going to follow me home.
    But I never plan this kind of stuff.I walk in see something shinny,pay the money,wait a few for the back round check and walk out

kumabear17 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Well what kind is it? How do you expect us to get any sleep if you keep it a secret, forty strokes with a wet noodle.....Spad

11. CascadeSam

:laugh: The newest member to join the family is a Marlin 39A the lever action that shoots .22 s/l/lr rounds. She's a fine lady with this one born in the 1940s. Since you all know what she looks like I'm not going through the challenge of posting her picture. I was so happy to finally get her that she was allowed to sleep on the floor right next to my bed. I really do need to get a dog and stop pretending my guns are pets.

12. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

I have a complete lower for an AR, but my complete upper has been on backorder since mid January. Expected ship date: June 1. I wisj my wait was only 3 weeks! Oh well, I finally got 2 mags for it, but even if the upper comes tomorrow, I still have no ammo to put in it!

13. CascadeSam

Thank you sir.

14. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

Did you shoot it today? Congrats also!

15. CascadeSam

Haven't fired her up yet. Soon. Thanks.

16. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

What??? I have never had problems sleeping over guns, but fishin & huntin, you bet!!!!

But that New Olympic Arms AR 15 will be here the 5th (happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy)